Replies

• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    when i'm 6% body fat, well not fat but not where i want to be
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is different. I don't call myself fat anymore now. I know I still have some pounds to lose.. It is not a positive thought so therefore I try to avoid it. Changing my life has been difficult and still proves to bring many challenges. I focus on the great place I am in today and build on that. I may be "chubby" but that is okay because 16 or so months ago I was very heavy.

It is great to celebrate the differences we see in our bodies.. However, I think it is even better to celebrate the positive changes in our lifestyle.

I don't live a lifestyle that perpetuates obesity and poor health.

That is a WIN in my book. The rest will come as long as I stay persistent and consistent in my actions.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    When my BMI says I am no longer "overweight".
  • strangewebby
    Options
    I stopped thinking I was fat once. Then I gained back 35 of the 85 pounds I'd worked so hard to lose. Then one day, my daughter sheepishly asked if I payed attention to the weight loss commercials on TV. I said no why, and she quietly said because I was getting fat again.

Learned that lesson real ****ing quick. I've dropped about 20 of the 35 pounds since that conversation. If I get all 35 taken back off my goal is to stop seeing myself as "not fat" and instead remember how inherently easy it is for me to once again end up with somebody else nudging me...

This! I'll be too scared to backslide to ever live the life of a never-been-fat-person.
  • rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    When I started bumping into things with my hipbones and couldn't sit back in a wooden chair because I could feel it all the way against my spine. Lol, bittersweet..
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    probably never :(
  • bii14
    bii14 Posts: 192
    Options
    when my thighs dont jiggle so much & i am under 120 pounds. oh god i cant wait.
    ditto! and also when i can wear shape-hugging Tshirts without noticing ugly buldges!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    When my gut doesn't stick further out than my chest.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    When I could feel my spine and bones!

This and when I lie on my back and my hip bones are prominent instead of my belly. It's a wonderful feeling.
  • bii14
    bii14 Posts: 192
    Options
    probably never :(

are yu kidding me? 53LBS !! thats major!
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    When I could fit back into single digit clothing.

This
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Honest to God I just came to terms with it in the last half hour.... it`s what made me log in today,

I`m 44 years old and for at least 25 of those years I was ashamed of my appearance, I covered up and held back from so much of life because of that shame and that`s the real weight I finally feel like I shed....

This morning I am wearing a size 30 jeans, which are comfy cuz they are a little loose, and a medium t shirt. It`s a good feeling :)
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    When my thighs are not jiggling and my *kitten* is not sagging.
  • Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    When I feel comfortable enough to wear a bikini out in a resort or beach. This would mean my muffin top and jiggly thighs are under control, lol.
  • BetterThanExpected
    BetterThanExpected Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    When I reach 140lbs. My goal is to lose more than that, but when I'm at 140lbs I won't consider myself "fat" anymore.
  • jennetsullivan
    jennetsullivan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    When I can wear a skirt without worrying about thigh fire, when I fit lossely into size 12s (I realize that's probably big for some people, but for me and my build that would be perfect!), when my BMI is 24. When clothing doesn't cause me pain because it's too tight and I'm to cheap to buy fat pants again.
  • epcorne
    epcorne Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    When my stomach doesn't roll over my bathing suit when I am sitting on the beach.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    You know I never really was like "Ugh I'm FAT!" until I started dieting... I've actually toned it down quite a bit from the start though. I'm starting to call my self "skinny" or even just "smaller" My husband never called me fat to start with but ever since I lost the first 10lbs he's called me "Skinny Wife!" So in all honesty, with about 60lbs to go, I consider myself no longer fat... I'm smaller now, I'm in no way a size zero, I never will be at 5'11", but I'm not a size 22 anymore and that's good enough for me!
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    That "fay guy" will always be with me--hopefully properly caged by the healthier guy I'm trying to maintain.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping when I hit my goal weight, but I think I'll always be a fatty at heart.