What some of your best NSV's so far?

Options

Replies

• mizzthang
    mizzthang Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I can wrap a smaller towel around myself now :0)... less weight to carry in my luggage on holiday lol
    Swollen ankles seemed to have disappeared.. my list of positives are growing... endless shops to buy clothes from now... nearly five sizes down.. it's just fantastic...
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    My best NSV:

7434194_1237.jpg

See the tie on those pajama pants?

That was my waistline 3mos before that picture was taken.
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    1. Got rid of my double chin
    2. Had a client I hadnt seen in a couple years compliment me (didnt know she even remembered me)
    3. Gave away half of my wardrobe to Goodwill (the other half is stuff I used to fit in that I am getting back into now)
    4. Feeling my hip bones & seeing ribs in the mirror (Im 190lbs but I can see ribs defined)
    5. Ran a 10k and 5k
    6. Having a fitness worker at the YMCA tell me he sees a noticeable difference
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I can wrap a smaller towel around myself now :0).

omg this for me too, I use a "regular" size towel when I get out of the shower now and not a beach towel! lol
  • camdor
    camdor Posts: 3
    Options
    Today I bought a pair of size 12 skinny jeans. (and they fit!) In October 2011 I was getting too big for sixe 22 stretch pants.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    All right...I can figure out from context that NSV means good stuff from getting in shape. I cannot for the life of me figure out what it stands for. A vowel anyone?
    No Scale Victory =)
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    -completed 5ks, 10ks, half-marathons, and sprint triathlons
    -doctors referring to me as "an athlete"
    -feeling my arm and shoulder muscles
    -walking around an amusement/water park all day in a swimsuit and shorts
    -coworkers coming to me for food and workout advice
    -buying a size "small" - this one still feels weird!
  • goexpos
    goexpos Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    loving reading this thread! for me ...

1. I can now do one full chin-up
    2. had to retire a pair of board shorts that I bought last May b/c they were falling down
    3. people keep asking me what I've been up to because I look great :-)
  • JulieMTiffany
    Options
    1. I'm starting to see my hour glass figure again
    2. my clothes are fitting better, and I've went down a pant size (single digits now!)
  • Elise_healthy4life
    Elise_healthy4life Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    1- going from size 26 to a eighteen
    2- my fitness I can now jog I've never been a runner ever
    3- I have one chin
    4- it's just so much easier to move around and do every day things
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Im a HUNDRED times happier ever since i started this journey!! that is incredible for me! :happy:
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    All of these are great, guys! Keep up all your good work! :)

I haven't really had any NSVs yet, although my pants feel a little bit looser.
  • fordguy74
    fordguy74 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I started at a size 40 waist jeans and i'm now wearing a size 36. I can also bend down and tie my shoes without feeling like i'm gonna suffocate!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    1. I no longer look pregnant and I've lost 33 inches!
    2. The plastic toilet lid doesn't cave in when I sit on it.
    3. I went to buy clothes today and accidently tried on what I thought was a pair of 10 Levis, squeezed into them and they were tight but I zipped and buttoned them. Took them off and was upset,, until I realized they were actually a pair of 6's. An 8 fit!
    4. I can hike 10+ miles.
    5. I can see my feet in the shower and a towel covers me without a gap. yayy
    6. I'm 50 years old and I look hotter in boy shirts than women half my age. Not that I'd wear them in public tho. I have awesome legs now!
    7. I can tie my shoes without taking in a deep breath to bend over and I no longer have food come up my throat when I tie them either. (ACK)
    8. I can push mow the entire yard. It's about a mile on my gps tracker.
    9. I dropped a blood pressure medication. Just 2 weeks ago and after -35lbs.
    10. I'm doing C25K.. on week 3 day 3 tom.
    11. Entered a 5k for August
    12. I can beat my labrador running up the stairs.
    13. I'm stronger!
    14. I can't fit into ANY of my old clothes, unless socks count. They are all too big!
    15. I can jump onto my porch without using the stairs. It's about 3feet high and I'm 5ft 3 lol

I could go on and on and on!
  • bunnyklutz
    bunnyklutz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started but my best so far was my husband saying he's noticed how much I've slimmed down already. Hooking my bra on the first set of hooks instead of the last, and no longer an XXL in a lot of clothing.
  • holliph
    holliph Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    congratulation!!!
  • holliph
    holliph Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    1. I no longer look pregnant and I've lost 33 inches!
    2. The plastic toilet lid doesn't cave in when I sit on it.
    3. I went to buy clothes today and accidently tried on what I thought was a pair of 10 Levis, squeezed into them and they were tight but I zipped and buttoned them. Took them off and was upset,, until I realized they were actually a pair of 6's. An 8 fit!
    4. I can hike 10+ miles.
    5. I can see my feet in the shower and a towel covers me without a gap. yayy
    6. I'm 50 years old and I look hotter in boy shirts than women half my age. Not that I'd wear them in public tho. I have awesome legs now!
    7. I can tie my shoes without taking in a deep breath to bend over and I no longer have food come up my throat when I tie them either. (ACK)
    8. I can push mow the entire yard. It's about a mile on my gps tracker.
    9. I dropped a blood pressure medication. Just 2 weeks ago and after -35lbs.
    10. I'm doing C25K.. on week 3 day 3 tom.
    11. Entered a 5k for August
    12. I can beat my labrador running up the stairs.
    13. I'm stronger!
    14. I can't fit into ANY of my old clothes, unless socks count. They are all too big!
    15. I can jump onto my porch without using the stairs. It's about 3feet high and I'm 5ft 3 lol

I could go on and on and on!
  • dwtimeoutt
    dwtimeoutt Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Buying a smaller pair of pants.
    increasing my walk to 1 hour most days
    my feet feel better in my shoes.
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Able to run for 10 minutes, barely could run one before.
    A under handed pull up!!
    Wall sit for over two minutes.
    Side plank for a minute.
    Quit smoking!!!!!!,!!!
  • mangosabayon
    Options
    Please share some of your great Non-scale victories since you've been on your journey!

My top NSV's so far:

1. I'm off my blood pressure medicine
    2. Ran a 10min mile
    3. Ran my first 5k at the gym without stopping

Ohhhhh how exciting! Sign up for a local 5k you can find one at runningusa.com or just google running and your city :) :::HIGH FIVE:::
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!