Guiltless pizza? Does such a thing exist!?

Options

Replies

• misspersimmon
    Options
    You could use something like the ezekiel pita rounds (they are 100 calories each) and put a bit of red sauce, store bought is about 25 calories per 1/2 cup, or make your own in the food processer with some fresh tomatos and spices. Top with a small amount of cheese and some vegetables that you like! It may not be super low calorie, but I am personally more concerned with the quality and nutritional value of the ingredients than the calorie content.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I feel as if perhaps my words may have been misconstrued into people thinking I may have some sort of psychological problem with eating pizza.

May I please note that when I said "guiltless pizza" I meant it more as a funny/general meaning. I wasnt trying to imply I had an issue with food or eating what I like in moderation.

Sorry if that made people upset or annoyed. I really just wanted to some cool recipes for some good pizza I could make that wasnt like DiGiornos or Dominos (which are my weight down falls).

I feel kind of bad for even posting this topic now :(

Thanks to those of you who suggested those recipes, I wrote them all down and will make sure to try them.

LOL I knew what you meant.

As far as I am concerned all pizza are guiltless, but you can make/get thin crust pizza without cheese and lots of veggies and get what you want. The sauce is no big deal, it's the thick crust and cheese, not to mention the meats, that adds all the calories. Go for it!

Never feel bad for posting a topic, that's what this site is for.
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    i make real pizza fit.
    ^^ THIS!

I am making a lifestyle change, so when I want pizza, I plan for it. I don't care what the food is. I just make sure it fits my calories for THE WEEK. Our bodies don't gain 5lbs in a day. It is what it sees for the week or the month that really makes a difference.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    i make real pizza fit.
    ^^ THIS!

I am making a lifestyle change, so when I want pizza, I plan for it. I don't care what the food is. I just make sure it fits my calories for THE WEEK. Our bodies don't gain 5lbs in a day. It is what it sees for the week or the month that really makes a difference.

Yep, this is how I see it as well. Lifestyle over dieting, and worry about the week not the day.
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Check in produce section for veggie (soy) cheeses. hope that helps :)
  • mikewpg1ca
    mikewpg1ca Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have guiltless pizza about once a week. I put in a hard day of cardio and make real pizza fit within my calories for the day without going over. In other words, when I want pizza, I have to earn it and that allows me to eat it guilt free.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    if you make it at home it's infinitely better than anything you can buy. I would call homemade pizza pretty guiltless personally.

As long as you don't oil the dough or something.

But if I have takeout pizza I make it fit too.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Please don't feel bad for posting! It's all good. :flowerforyou:

Pizza was not my fave food 13 months ago by any means, but now it is the food I crave the most. I splurge occasionally at a local pizza place on good NY style thin pepperoni pizza. Otherwise, I make my own like a lot of other people suggested. Mine are about 210 calories per "mini pizza" and I use:

Flatout Hungry Girl Fold It rosemary and olive oil flatbread - cut in half it makes 2 mini pizzas
    Hunt's Basil, Oregano, and Garlic Tomato Sauce
    2% Mozzarella
    Mushrooms, Roma Tomatoes, and Green Bell Pepper - Sliced Thin

Veggie pizza is my favorite at home. Sometimes I think I could eat it every day.:bigsmile:
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Some days I put some tomato sauce on a wheat tortilla with some chopped veggies and Daiya cheese.

Some days I go to Sbarros and get a stuffed slice.

:tongue:
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Almond cheese .... if you have a whole foods near you , the jalapeno is my fave but they were out last time I went
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Someone may have already said this- but I get tired of reading each and every answer :)

But sometimes I use those little whole wheat 100 calorie sandwich thin things to make a pizza on. That way, you have two little pizzas, and you can top it with whatever you like! I'm pretty traditional when it comes to pizza, so I use a little pizza sauce (not much, b/c I'm not a huge sauce fan), some turkey pepperoni, and low fat mozzarella cheese. Then just pop it in the oven til the cheese melts and the sandwich thin gets crispier.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I actually just had pizza today for lunch - I made it out of low carb sandwich thins (but I'm not sure what the US/UK equivalent for that is), and just used normal ingredients (full fat, real cheese, OMG :o) on top and it was about 450 calories all up. My food diary's open if you wanna take a look - it tasted just like regular thin crust pizza :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Why would food make you feel guilty?
  • dgraz007
    dgraz007 Posts: 3
    Options
    I would much rather have a real pizza I make myself, with whole grain flour. I make a very thin crust, and then put a sauce made with crushed tomatoes on it..plus lots of grilled vegetables and some low fat pizza cheese. This is a treat, however, and not something I do all the time. I make sure I have done my daily hour of exercise. Real food beats something that is not going to make you feel satisfied. If you need to do so, gluten free recipes are easy to follow.
  • mamato3babies
    mamato3babies Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ok... Now I'm hungry.... Darn you all!!! lol I WANT PIZZA NOW!!!!!!
  • microburst20
    microburst20 Posts: 130
    Options
    Guilt Free Pizzia
    10 servings

5 natures own sandwich rolls split in half- I use whole grain
    1 serving armor turkey pepperoni- chopped
    ragu old world style sauce-1 cup and 1/4
    3/4 -1 cup fat free mozzerella cheese
    1 small can drained sliced mushrooms
    lots of veggies- whatever I have on hand-examples onions, fresh spinach, tomatoes, green peppers, ect.
    Place on cookie sheet till cheese lightly browned.

Sometimes i use some parmesan- sometimes I use sliced ham instead of pepperoni. Sometimes I use other kinds of bottled marinara sauce. I eat as much as I want and then take the leftovers for lunch.

About 95-107 calories each depending on how much cheese.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I have guiltless pizza.....I eat pizza and I don't feel guilty........why feel guilty about food?
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Why would food make you feel guilty?

The OP has already made abundantly clear she does not have a psychological affliction concerning pizza. She simply wants a healthier pizza so she can get more mileage per slice and enjoy it even more! I mean, don't we all?

:smile:
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    There's only one thing that tastes like pizza...and that's PIZZA..lol

There is no substitute. Enjoy it..just eat less of it :wink:
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    When I'm in the mood for pizza I usually make an english muffin pizza ..they are so low in calories and they do the job for a pizza craving ! add a ton of veggies or chicken to it to make it high protein ..it's win win !!