This is a SERIOUS topic!! Respond ASAP...

Options

Replies

• DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    even if I don't need to log anymore cause basically i'm good, except for when I go over and know it!!! lol! I like the social aspect of this site and the friends I've made! :)
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    If it's someone who was active on MFP for awhile, has been interactive with me during that time, and then suddenly stops showing up, yes I will drop them a line. Usually I hear back and they drop back in or their absence was only temporary. For others who log in routinely but aren't really interactive with me, then no I don't check on them and let them reach 10 days and then Delete. I'm here for a specific reason. I will support those who are serious about improving themselves and their health, etc. However, those who aren't serious end up getting dropped. Regarding your friend - I had a similar experience with a friend who recently indicated she was done with MFP "it isn't doing anything for me" is about how she described it. I deleted her. If she's not going to use the tool, then I don't want to keep reading about how many days she hasn't logged in. If she changes her mind and returns, I'll add her again - if she wants to be added. Basically, it's your choice of who you want to keep on or delete.

Regarding me, I intend to keep using MFP - it has been the most useful weight loss tool for me that I've tried, and I've tried many.

Best wishes to you and the rest of the serious ones in your journey to optimum health! :flowerforyou:
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I never really thought that far ahead because I am just taking it one day at a time. However as long as it is working for me (I have lost 7lbs and sill have 60 more to go) then I will be here. I enjoy reading the posts, the success stories and recipes have been great motivation for me.
  • rcm1973
    rcm1973 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I don't know... Right now, in the early stages of my lifestyle change, I need MFP for accountability and encouragement. But down the road, when I'm more set in my routine, maybe not so much?? When I quit smoking, 9 years ago, I logged into the support website multiple times a day. Now I log in once a year on my anniversary to encourage those just starting out. I could see MFP becoming something more that that for me....
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    You can check out any time at night, but you can never leave.

Gotta love them eagles
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options

:bigsmile:
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I delete people that have been inactive/not loggin for a month.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    These *****es are stuck with me!:drinker:
  • thirdday70x7
    thirdday70x7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think its perfectly rational to stick to this site even if you've met your weight loss goals. Continuing to count your calories and track your exercise is a healthy habit to maintain. If it were like Weight Watchers or something like that I could see the necessity of learning how to live without it at one point, but this is just like keeping a journal. It's good for you.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that I'll be using MFP for the rest of my life! I love the tools, keeping myself accountable & the friends I've made. :bigsmile:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I delete people that have been inactive/not loggin for a month.
    this.

and yeah i think i'll be sticking with MFP once I reach my weight goal and am ready for maintenance. The food logging in itself is a great way to stay accountable with myself and not at least give a second thought about any foods i might want to indulge in.

Besides that I've e-met some pretty cool people on here that I'd like to keep in contact with.
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I know for me I will still continue to use MFP after I reach my goal (not only for support to keep me always on track, but to be there for my friends also....& I've found that logging everything that goes in my mouth & logging my exercise is exactly the way to get to my goal, and it will be exactly the way to go to keep me at goal.....so MFP is a keeper for me! :)
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    :laugh: This was serious and requiring immediate attention?

I delete friends after they've been gone about a month, if we never have any kind of contact, or if they don't eat enough.

Since I don't think I will stop logging my foods until I'm much older, I think I'll be here a while. :P
  • TwtyMami35
    TwtyMami35 Posts: 99
    Options

Well said!
    Well sung you mean.

LOL....indeed! well sung!!!!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Thats a good question. It depends on how well I can maintain the weight after I lose it. But if I can have the app on my phone, I may just stay around anyway. Right now I have no more room on my phone. :(
  • annew1952
    annew1952 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    No I don't. This is the first time in a long time that. I have been able to drop weight easily.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

I delete friends after they've been gone about a month, if we never have any kind of contact, or if they don't eat enough.

i've been wondering if i should delete the chronic undereaters and the people who log stuff like cleaning their kitchn as exercise.
    part of me feels like a ***** for thinking of doing it because everyone is at a different place, blah blah blah but then the other part of me thinks i they'll probably fall off anyway and stop logging because they either cant keep up with their 600 calorie diet or get too frustrated about not seeing results...
  • TwtyMami35
    Options
    I assumed people would understand it's just a post that brought about a reason for discussion. The word serious was to display my concern and want for others thoughts on MFP not being here. It is a bit "serious" to me, but perhaps not as serious to others. :tongue:
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options

i've been wondering if i should delete the chronic undereaters and the people who log stuff like cleaning their kitchn as exercise.
    part of me feels like a ***** for thinking of doing it because everyone is at a different place, blah blah blah but then the other part of me thinks i they'll probably fall off anyway and stop logging because they either cant keep up with their 600 calorie diet or get too frustrated about not seeing results...

I don't really feel that bad. I just can't support anyone who is living off of 900 calories everyday. I also like having friends with the same type of goals as me.
  • TwtyMami35
    Options

Yeah! After reading a few posts here and understanding that even those that have not logged for days need our support as well, I a, rethinking my deletion process. I agree with you, they may eventually delete themselves.