MEN.. HELP..!! (maybe women moms of pre-teens or teen..)

Options

Replies

• Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Just to catch you up on the poll here; the majority of the males are telling you to drop the subject, leave your son alone and move on. The females want you to pull out charts and graphs and have an intense conversation with him about a topic that really is not needed at this time.

Simple IMO, Do not have a discussion with him at this point in time
    You stated in your profile that you have a husband {unless deployed} tell him in private tonight about the event and let
    him handle the discussion at a later point in time.
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Just to catch you up on the poll here; the majority of the males are telling you to drop the subject, leave your son alone and move on. The females want you to pull out charts and graphs and have an intense conversation with him about a topic that really is not needed at this time.

Simple IMO, Do not have a discussion with him at thois point in time
    You stated in your profile that you have a husband {unless deployed} tell him in private tonight about the event and let

We have a winner!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    I'm not sure why some are saying not to have the "talk". He is 12 and chances are he has already had the discussion. I teach 5th grade and the girls get the talk in 4th and 5th and the boys get it in 5th. Masturbating is part of sexual activity. If he is masturbating, then he needs the "talk" from an adult parent/guardian, if he hasn't already had it so that he understands how his body works, etc. I'm assuming he is in middle school. As a parent of a middle school child, some children are already sexually active, have seen some sexual activity on tv/movies, etc. Lack of information and misinformation is how many babies are born.
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Simple IMO, Do not have a discussion with him at thois point in time

We have a winner!
    I have to agree!!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

I know I am not the only woman who said leave him alone about it.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

right.jpg
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Pretty much this. Let the male in the family talk about it. Not you. The male in this thread are NOT against the talk (which you already have had) and we certainly want the kid to know about safe sex and everything but NOT by a woman, most of all, certainly not by the childs mother
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Pretty much this. Let the male in the family talk about it. Not you. The male in this thread are NOT against the talk (which you already have had) and we certainly want the kid to know about safe sex and everything but NOT by a woman, most of all, certainly not by the childs mother
    Yup- this!
  • taunto
    Options
    I'm not sure why some are saying not to have the "talk". He is 12 and chances are he has already had the discussion. I teach 5th grade and the girls get the talk in 4th and 5th and the boys get it in 5th. Masturbating is part of sexual activity. If he is masturbating, then he needs the "talk" from an adult parent/guardian, if he hasn't already had it so that he understands how his body works, etc. I'm assuming he is in middle school. As a parent of a middle school child, some children are already sexually active, have seen some sexual activity on tv/movies, etc. Lack of information and misinformation is how many babies are born.

Please, read the OP's thread. He was given the talk already. And all the men in here are encouraging the talk about sex and the talk about safe sex with the kid, just not by the mother. I know it must be hard to realize but not everything in the childs life have to be done by the mother. If the father isn't present, have some other male role in the family have the talk to him. Or his teacher at school or something. NOT his mother
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Leave that kid alone....a mom shoulx NEVER talk to a son about this....
  • ELENA_Z
    ELENA_Z Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ok well just an update here.. He broke the ice by first asking me about if its ok for him to ask a girl to go to the movies withus next weekend.. i said sure but we might need to ask the parents ok first.. then i just told him that next time he needs to "scratch" lock the door because i wouldn't want his baby brothers to walk in on him and see something they wouldn't understand. I forgot who mentioned it but yes i am married but hes not the biological dad and my husband doesn't do well with these situations.. so anything that has to do with my oldest i take care of. and a for the sex talk i have explained how babys are made without the wwhole penis and vagina introduction. he knows i wouldn't want him to have sex till hes mature enough to deal with the consequences of pregnancy or anything like that.. he knows about stds and all. i just felt he is way to young for this already i didnt think it would happen till maybe when he was 15 or older..
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    15? oh no. 12 years old is definitely normal.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    He's 12 years old. Let him discover what his body is suppose to do. It is normal for boys this age to start to discover what their man parts are really for. Just tell him that it is normal, to not be embarrassed and if he has questions refer him to a male he looks up to and trusts.
  • taunto
    Options
    ok well just an update here.. He broke the ice by first asking me about if its ok for him to ask a girl to go to the movies withus next weekend.. i said sure but we might need to ask the parents ok first.. then i just told him that next time he needs to "scratch" lock the door because i wouldn't want his baby brothers to walk in on him and see something they wouldn't understand. I forgot who mentioned it but yes i am married but hes not the biological dad and my husband doesn't do well with these situations.. so anything that has to do with my oldest i take care of. and a for the sex talk i have explained how babys are made without the wwhole penis and vagina introduction. he knows i wouldn't want him to have sex till hes mature enough to deal with the consequences of pregnancy or anything like that.. he knows about stds and all. i just felt he is way to young for this already i didnt think it would happen till maybe when he was 15 or older..

I dunno how other men vote in this matter but I think you acted appropriately with the situation at hand. You weren't direct but you sent the message to be discreet about these things. 15 is way too old, 12 sounds about the typical age. You should ask the bio father or your husband to talk to him about safe sex though. At this age reminding him again about the dangers of these things isn't a bad idea
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Mom you've done great. Situation handled beautifully without the awkwardness. And thank god no charts and graphs!

They grow up so much faster than we think. It's always a little sad.
  • taunto
    Options

Mom you've done great. Situation handled beautifully without the awkwardness. And thank god no charts and graphs!

tumblr_kps623PdwQ1qzohf4o1_500.jpg
  • ELENA_Z
    Options

tumblr_kps623PdwQ1qzohf4o1_500.jpg

lol.. omg he would've bolted if i had pulled out charts ike these.
  • ELENA_Z
    Options
    i think its my realization that hes no longer the little boy who woud sit and watch barney and eat crackers as i snuck out to work Hes growing and I cant stop it.. :(
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Just apologize and tell him you will knock next time. I'm sure he is probably just as mortified as you.

^^^This^^^
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options

He's had "the talk" according to the OP. But to your question it really quite simple. This is NOT something a boy wants to discuss with his mother. Period.