30 Day Shred - June!

Options

Replies

• TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Did Day 1 Level 1 today. This is my second time through. Did it in February too. Up to 5lb weights. Used 3lb the first time.

I did good. Had to modify half way through the second set of push ups in set 1 and I am pretty sure I did not do as many side lunge/shoulder raises as they did. But the first time I dod the video I really could not do any so....... bonus.

I also walked 3 miles with my neighbor when I was done.

Good luck everyone! !
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    So I've spent the last month getting back to making cardio a priority (running 4-5x a week) and what better way to add to that, than to try 30DS, right?

My idea is to post daily/weekly updates so we hold ourselves accountable. Post before/afters or don't; Post measurments or don't.

The goal is to stay on track, get focused and let Jillian make us hate her and love the results!

Who's in?

I'm hoping to start it today, provided Mr. Postman has the goods :)
  • oliviachandler
    Options
    What is the weight of the weights that you all are using?
  • sjjacobs1
    sjjacobs1 Posts: 17
    Options
    I've done it before and did a few days with a 1 lb (I've heard of people not using any at first), but when I got used to it a 3lb was perfect; my husband used a 5
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. Will there be a group or just post in here? I need a push to get it done every day!!! =)
  • liz0906
    liz0906 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tonight! I'm really excited, I've heard such good things! Please add me so we can motivate each other!

386097.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kelllina
    kelllina Posts: 7
    Options
    Either way. I'm still really new to posting and the Community part of this site so I'm not sure how to start a group, but that's a great idea!
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    What is the weight of the weights that you all are using?

I started with 2kg, but they were way too heavy for me, so I went down to 1kg, which is much easy for a beginner like me!! :happy:
  • Sunpoet
    Sunpoet Posts: 67
    Options
    I'm in too. I think it will complement the C5K program nicely. I actually bought the DVD last year but never even took the wrapper off :ohwell: . Time to get serious and just do it.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Planning on starting Ripped in 30 tonight - it's still JM, right!

Done the 30DS twice with great results so I thought I'd kick it up a notch this time around. GL everyone!
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Can guys do this? If you are a guy and have done it, did it help? I'll get the DVD if so…

in the last round i did with mfp friends, we had a guy. he had some awesome success toning... major difference in his arms, chest, and especially his abs. you can pick it up for about $10 at wal-mart, i don't think you'll be disappointed.
  • kksmom1
    kksmom1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm ready to start...
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    this will be my second round of 30 day shred. i still use it off and on, but i'm in for a 6 days a week during the month of june!

just a fair warning to all the newbies, you will probably be VERY sore for the first 3 days... we're talking hurts to climb stairs or sit down on the... well, you know... type of sore, but after that it gets much better..... it is worth the effort and the pain. :glasses:

let's do this thing! :happy:
  • katiebrew
    katiebrew Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If you haven't got the dvd yet, you can still start by doing level one with BeFit on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8&list=PL06F7D4D05FE22F9F&index=10&feature=plcp
  • sassysummer
    sassysummer Posts: 10
    Options
    I am VERY new on myfitnesspal and was wondering if any exercise works for the 30ds? I am extremely limited on the types of exercising I can do due to physical limitations. Please let me know!!:bigsmile:
  • lifes_revenge
    lifes_revenge Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am VERY new on myfitnesspal and was wondering if any exercise works for the 30ds? I am extremely limited on the types of exercising I can do due to physical limitations. Please let me know!!:bigsmile:

Its an actual fitness dvd by Jillian Michaels and its quite hard going. You can find it on amazon for like a fiver if you wanna take a butchers :)
  • mistyboggs
    mistyboggs Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I did 30ds last year. I lost 20 pounds. I've gained 12 back due to laziness. I tried to start Ripped in 30, I really need the support to get through. So yes, I'm definately in.
  • nano2317
    nano2317 Posts: 5
    Options
    Started day 1 of 30 day shred and my legs hurt so much.....but I will continue tomorrow
  • falconemomma
    Options
    I'm in too- vacation in 28 days and jumping in to my next decade with a birthday in 2 weeks.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    If you haven't got the dvd yet, you can still start by doing level one with BeFit on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8&list=PL06F7D4D05FE22F9F&index=10&feature=plcp

How many days do I do this level? same exercises every day?