5 things you can do now...

Options
Elizabeth_C34
Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
Name 5 things you can do now that you couldn't do before you came to MFP:

Here are mine:

1. I couldn't wear normal women's size clothes. Now I'm a 12 and size L in tops.
2. I couldn't wrap my bath towel around me. Now I can wrap it with about 6" of overlap.
3. I couldn't climb the stairs to my office without getting winded. Now I can sprint up the stairs.
4. I couldn't get out of a chair without pulling up on something. Now I can squat to the floor and bounce right back up.
5. I didn't believe that I was strong. Now, I know better.

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Oh, great thread!

1 15 regular push-ups
    2 Deadlift 160 lbs
    3 I ran a 10 min mile about a month ago... I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have happened before. And I bet I'm faster now.
    4 I can pull up half way on my pull-up bar... still can't do a full one yet... but ALMOST!
    5 I can balance my macros like a mofo and put down some protein!
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    1. I could barely use the abdominal crunch machine with 20 pounds of weight, now 80 is a breeze
    2. The rec center towels fully cover me
    3. Not only can I reach my toes, I can reach PAST them
    4. I can go without anti-depressants
    5. I can accept that my (fading) stretch marks are a trophy and not a stigma
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    1. There was nothing remotely athletic about me before. Now I swim, run, lift and just completed my first 5K Warrior Dash.

2. I couldn't tuck my shirt in without my belly hanging all over the place, I wore XL's and often XXL's. Now I only really look good in medium shirts. Fitted medium shirts.

3. I couldn't do a single pullup. Now I do 3-5 sets of 7.

4. Like you I could hardly get a towel around me. Now I can with ease... but I don't mind ditching it altogether.:blushing:

5. I didn't believe in myself. Now I know there's really nothing I can't do if I decide I want it bad enough.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I can now do any sort of physical exercise for more than 15 mins without having an asthma attack or feeling like I'm going to die.
    I can walk into a room and know I'm no longer the fattest person there.
    I used to ruin jumpers and tshirt by pulling at the front of them so they didn't cling to my stomach. Now I've had to go out and by a bunch of new clothes that drop straight down without a big horizontal diversion :bigsmile:
    I can sling an average sized adult over my shoulder and walk around (and squat if I want to :tongue: )
    Most importantly, I feel empowered (lagrely thanks to MFP's great inhabitants) I have gathered the tools I need to be successful forever. They have helped me to gather knowledge which meand I can be confident about the steps I take toward my goal.
  • Karrie262
    Karrie262 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Name 5 things you can do now that you couldn't do before you came to MFP:

Here are mine:

1. I couldn't wear normal women's size clothes. Now I'm a 12 and size L in tops.
    2. I couldn't wrap my bath towel around me. Now I can wrap it with about 6" of overlap.
    3. I couldn't climb the stairs to my office without getting winded. Now I can sprint up the stairs.
    4. I couldn't get out of a chair without pulling up on something. Now I can squat to the floor and bounce right back up.
    5. I didn't believe that I was strong. Now, I know better.

This is AMAZING! So inspirational. Now I want to go for a RUN!!!
  • ReneeElizabeth26
    Options
    Great job every body!!!

1. I can do a PULL UP!!!! I leave my pull up bar up and randomly will do them through out the day.
    2. I can rock out all p90x videos and do man push ups through out.
    3. I can take a before and during picture of myself, post it AND FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT!!
    4. I just tried a lil "dress up" outfit on for my bf and thought... Damn!! I'd do me!!! (TMI I know but I am kinda excited about it!! I usually feel super gross.)
    5. I can fit in my old clothes and am aware of what I am eating instead of just going crazy...
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. Reading everyone's accomplishments is soooo inspirational!!

1. 2 push-ups,
    2. 7 jumping jacks...I just realized how sad that is haha, but it was sadder when I couldn't do any :P
    3. a 12 minute mile and not die right after
    4. 35 minutes of Jillian Michaels without stopping
    5. 2 sets of 10 leg-lifts off the end of a bench
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I wasn't able to walk any significant distance without sever joint and nerve pain and feeling horribly sorry for myself.

I was physically unable to run 1/2 a block for the bus. I'm now able to run 25-30 minutes.

I had trouble lifting a patient over 30# (I'm a vet tech). Now, I lift mastiffs.

I couldn't walk bare legged without chafing off the skin on my inner thighs. Now I walk the dog wearing a mini dress with no tights.

I couldn't find clothes that fit me in regular stores and my favorite brands rarely made anything that fit. I now have no problem and wear a medium in Lip Service.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    1) Cross my legs at the knee.
    2) Walk for miles without stopping...8 mths ago I couldn't walk a block without having to rest.
    3) Wrestle and play with my 13 yr daughter...we were both missing out on so much.
    4) Say I weigh less than shown on my drivers license....for the first time in 15 yrs or more.
    5) Buy and wear clothes in sizes that don't have at least one X following the size.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    1) Cross my legs at the knee.

That was HUGE for me when I could do it. Now I do it all the time just because I can. LOL

Thank you to all who have contributed! I love this thread! Such positivity and wonderful sense of accomplishment. You should all be proud!
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    1. Get ready for work without stopping every 10 minutes for a break.
    2. Clean house for 4 hours straight. I could only clean in small spurts before.
    3. Go to my kids activities instead of staying in bed.
    4. Shop in a normal store and not wear the biggest size they carry. I wear a large now, not a 1X.
    5. Walk 3 miles!
  • JulieDerda
    JulieDerda Posts: 163
    Options
    1. Sit comfortably ( & also w/ out a pillow infront of me hiding my rolls)
    2..Run/Jog 3 miles
    3. do 10 push up in-a-row
    4. Finally fit into my "skinny clothes" that having been hiding in my closet
    5. Wear my wedding ring comfortably.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    1. Paint my toe-nails without gasping for air.
    2. Wrap my towel all the way around my body. (and it's not a beach towel...)
    3. Sit comfortably in the chairs in our conference room at work.
    4. See my ankles, collar bones, and triceps.
    5. Run a half marathon.
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    These posts are awesome!

1) I couldn't see my belt buckle (in fact, no one could). Now, I can.
    2) I can get up and start walking without my knees screaming.
    3) I, too, can cross my legs at the knees.
    4) I can take the stairs two at a time. I avoided stairs before.
    5) I can get up from the center of the floor without having to be next to something to push on.
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    All of you are awesome!!!

1. Run a full 5k.... Started out walking/running
    2. Do guy push ups.... Always did girlie
    3. Post pics of myself.... Self conscious
    4. Totally get BMR/TDEE and macros.... Before none of that mattered
    5. Lift heavy
  • JB5349
    JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    1. I can now run up the hill, that I previously was not even able to walk up without having to stop halfway.

2. I have divots in my stomach, proof that I have muscles underneath my layers of fat, and that I am making progress.

3. I can actually fit a towel around me without having to worry about whether or not everything is covered

4. I bought my first dress that is a size 14-16, it fits and I feel sexy in it

5. I can hike with my dogs for a couple of hours at a good pace, come home do a workout DVD and still have energy!
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    1. I can also wrap towels all the way around me.
    2. I can fit into size 14 jeans!! I don't remember ever being that size before.
    3. I can look in the mirror and smile, instead of sighing.
    4. I can...uhh...take a more dominant position in bed without feeling as self-conscious. (I think I might actually be lighter than the boy now! I'll have to ask him.)
    5. I can walk into a store and find clothes in the Normal People section.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! Great idea for a post :)

1) run up to 3k without stopping... I started off forcing myself to make it to specific 'markers' (light posts, bridges, specific trees) and it makes me smile being able to breeze past them

2) 5 push ups on my toes in a row (I refuse to call them "man push ups"... The whole wide world needs to stop defining abilities and characteristics as masculine or feminine)

3) can truly fit into size 9/10 pants- no muffin top :D

4) feel good in a dress!!! This is huge :D I don't even own any myself, the one i'm wearing in my pic is my moms

5) someone else also said do toe nails without gasping for air.... This one resonated with me. It was such a shock when i realized I couldn't do my toes comfortably. I'm glad I can now.

Next on my list- run a full 10k (huge jump, I know but ehh... Goal's a goal) and 5 chataranga push ups! One day, jillian, one day....
  • monkeyriley
    monkeyriley Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This is a cool topic!

1. Run. I used to walk 10 mins. and really feel it. Now, I can run a 10k and feel great.
    2. Feel good in clothes. I used to be an XL and now I am a M. I hated windy days because I thought I looked bad.
    3. Mow the lawn without it wiping my out for the rest of the day. Now it seems like such an easy thing to just get out and move.
    4. Tolerate/embrace warm weather. I used to be sweaty. Now I am the person who is cold when the temp is 70 or less.
    5. Not eat everything on my plate. I used to feel obligated to eat everything I took. I now innately know portion/calories.

Bonus:
    6. Have confidence and say 'no'. This is huge. It is really a culmination of everything above. I used to just go with stuff out of fear, now I actually speak up when something bothers me, or something is wrong or when others are being hurtful.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Bonus:
    6. Have confidence and say 'no'. This is huge. It is really a culmination of everything above. I used to just go with stuff out of fear, now I actually speak up when something bothers me, or something is wrong or when others are being hurtful.

Oh my yes! I used to be such a pushover when I was obese. I just had no confidence at all in any way, not just physically.

That's awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!