5 things you can do now...

Options

Replies

• clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Great thread!

1 I can do press ups, proper press ups
    2 I can run, and know that if i train I can run as far as i want, I used to whine, do I have to take the dogs out its raining..... wimp I was
    3 I can cycle, i ditched my car and just have a bike, I used to drive to the corner shop
    4 I can go into any shop in the city and buy something off the peg no matter whether it is for 'youngsters' or not
    5 I can put my hands on my hips and think "what an hourglass figure i have!"
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I can wrap a towel around me
    I can shop in the normal size clothes
    I can jog for 35 minutes straight
    I know I can lose the last 45 pounds after losing the first 100
    I can dress nicely and feel good about myself
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    1. I can now guesstimate the nutritional make up of the foods I am eating.
    2. I can walk straight up a mountain for an hour without stopping.
    3. Can walk the various trails at the Phoenix Zoo and enjoy every minute.
    4. I am able to lift a 5 gallon jug of water and pour it without spilling.
    5. Can now wear clothes from the petite department of large department stores.

Thanks to MFP!
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    -Run for 10 minutes straight without being out of breath or wanting to stop
    -Wear shorts/short skirts/swimsuits and feel good about how I looked in them
    -Carry 40 / 50 lb amps and speakers for my band's show load-ins
    -Stay steadily in the same 5 lb range for more than 6 months
    -A head stand (<3 yoga!!)
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    1. I can run. Before MFP and getting serious about weight loss and recommitting to a regular exercise program (last December) my knee would blow apart. Kneecap would pop out at foot strike of every running stride. I thought I needed surgery. I dropped weight and got some strength back in my legs and now I can run 3 miles non-stop and basically pain free.

2. Pushups. Before doing 10 in a row was not happening except on the best of my days. Now I'm working through hundredpushups.com training and doing 10 in a set easily.

3. I fit easily into 38x34 pants again and they are slightly loose. Back in January 40x34 was extremely snug

4. I can hike a 2.7 mile trail in an hour, going non-stop where last year I had to stop several times and almost turned around.

5. I can say no to tasty foods and be perfectly happy. French fries are no longer a problem for me.
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    1) Hug my knees with straining myself
    2) Exercise for hours rather than minutes
    3) Enjoy and crave fruit rather than junk
    4) Have a new set of healthy and productive hobbies
    5) Become less suspicious of being mocked every time I get a compliment

Not very inventive so far, but that's fine with me. :)
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    1. I can cross my legs
    2. I can wrap a towel all the way around me
    3. I can wear a size 18 pair of jeans (which I can never remember being able to do)
    4. I can now wear a pair of shorts proudly
    5. I can run for 3 minutes straight (doesn't seem like much but it's alot to me!)
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    1. Touch my toes
    2. Run a mile
    3. Do a full pull-up
    4. Do 20 push ups
    5. Fit into a size 2 dress :D
  • M155AUS
    M155AUS Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    1. walk up a flight of stairs and not be puffed out
    2. run 5km
    3. finish a spin class
    4. be comfortable in my own skin
    5. want to eat vegetables and crave healthy food, not junk
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    great post thanks!

1. jog a mile without stopping
    2. fit into a small size t-shirt started with extra large then medium now small
    3. had to buy a new belt (small size) I had to make new holes in the old one
    4. my wife and I can cuddle each other with our arms right round each other
    5. I can drink lots of water whereas before I wouldn't touch it
  • saraht131
    saraht131 Posts: 86
    Options
    I've only been at this for 30 days but I'm noticing an improvement already. Even if it is small compared to the others I am reading on here!

1. 30 days ago I couldn't do ten full squats. Now I can do 120 EASY and today I'm starting to do them with WEIGHTS!
    2. I can easily do planks for about 40 seconds. I couldn't last 5 seconds a month ago.
    3. I can do pressups against a low bench now. At the start I couldn't even support my weight on my arms.
    4. I can go to the gym and work out in front of ACTUAL HUMAN PEOPLE, instead of in my living room, with the curtains shut.
    5. I can exceed my protein macros thanks to an improved diet. Before I could only ever exceed my carbs macro.

This is only after 30 days, and 6lbs of weight down. I must have put muscle on too - I'm much stronger already! Can't wait to see what I can do next month!
  • elekelk
    elekelk Posts: 107
    Options
    1. Care about making nutritious choices
    2. Trying on shorts from last summer and not having to hold my breath to fit in them and they actually TOO big
    3. Not wanting to hide under covers or in over sized clothes
    4. Looking forward to a run
    5. Not feeling guilty about how I take care of my body
  • Bambooblade
    Bambooblade Posts: 18
    Options
    1 Walk the mile from the train station to work & back each day, without even realising i'm doing it & without giving a thought to hopping on a bus
    2 Leave food on my plate. When I'm full I'm full.
    3 Scuba dive - booked a taster and now signed up for the PADI course - OMG who'd have thought it!
    4 Like what I see when I catch my reflection
    5 Wear a bikini on the beach - haven't done that in like 25 years!

Great post!
  • SashThompson
    SashThompson Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've only been using MFP for not even a week but WTH, I'll list things I can do now since I started going to the gym and seriously training/being healthy

- I can bench press 3 sets of 10 with more than my own body weight.
    - I can do 3 sets of 7 full pull ups
    - I can feel my hip bones when I'm standing with my hands on my hips
    - I stopped biting my nails ( I don't know if that counts but I've been biting them for 21 years and have now stopped for over a year, that's an accomplishment to me!)
    - I can wear a bikini with no shorts without being self conscious.
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    1. Wrap a towel around me after a shower :bigsmile:

2. climb a stairs with out being out of breath :bigsmile:

3. Run a 10k, after graduating from C25K and never having run in my older life

4. I can fit in my 44 size jeans and when i let go they fall down (im a 38 now:bigsmile: )

5. touch my toes, oh and i can see them when i look down lol
  • Danica5683
    Danica5683 Posts: 7
    Options
    bump
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    1. I'd never, ever been able to run a mile before. Now, I can run a little over a mile without stopping. HUGE accomplishment for me. :happy:
    2. I have visible calf muscles that people have complimented on. Never had those before!
    3. I can Zumba dance for 70+ minutes, only stopping for water breaks.
    4. I FEEL stronger. I've always felt physically weak. I know I have a ways to go, but I've never felt like I was getting stronger until now.
    5. I'm starting to get my confidence back. :heart:
  • JJinWI
    JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I can wash the windows on my house without my arms feeling like they have lead in them :smile:
  • magoch
    magoch Posts: 134
    Options
    Love this thread -- it's so inspirational. Thank you all for sharing! Here are mine:

1. I walk to the grocery store most of the time, and get bummed when the list is too long and the groceries won't fit in a backpack.

2. I can shop in the normal sizes of the department store and wear all my fantastic fitted shoes (designer shoes from my past corporate life), with no roll of fat on my instep (really ugly in slide stilettos)!

3. I can wear my beautiful engagement ring and wedding band at the same time!

4. I can do 10 military style push-ups!

5. I can do a Jillian Michaels DVD & do my C25K back-to-back, without stopping!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    1. Finish any group exercise class I walk into.

2. Accept compliments and am flattered by them, rather than skeptical that they're joking.

3. Plan my food in advance and prepare accordingly.

4. Walk the 35 to class (and the mall) - I used to take the bus or drive for anything 20+ mins

5. Have a night out and literally dance the night away without my legs giving out, my back getting sore, being ridiculously sweaty, getting too tired, or just being too insecure to dance with people.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!