Quirky/OCD eating habits?

Replies

• kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    I can't eat just one thing and then move on to the other - I will take one bite of something, then another bite of something else, etc

Picked up that habit in basic training when any second you could be yelled at and told you were done eating so atleast that way I got atleast part of everything.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    On take out/restaurant pizza, I pull all the cheese and toppings off and eat the crust first, then the cheese and toppings. Only on take out, never frozen.

When I go to Dairy Queen, I HAVE to use a long spoon. The short ones taste weird.

My food cannot touch each other, unless it's meant to, like pasta and sauce or pot pie or hamburger, etc. Everything needs to be separated.
  • i can't bite into food so if it's a sandwich or something i break bits off with my fingers.

also can't have cutlery touch my teeth

and i shake my leg whenever i eat something, i got it into my head that it quickens your metabolism when i was younger and its a habit that's stuck with me for years!!

i cant eat fruit that isnt peeled, including grapes believe it or not

i cant ever drink anything with sugar in it e.g. coca cola or appletiser. i can feel the sugar on my teeth for hours afterwards, its a gritty feeling....blegh
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    My food can absolutely NOT touch each other on my plate.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    If I am eating out of a bowl I eat from right to left, and in a straight line.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 751 Member
    I have a fave coffee mug. Actually 3. I went & bought 2 more. I still hate when other people use them. I like the smaller spoons & forks.

My sandwich has to be 'even' bread, mayo, meat, cheese, meat, cheese, mayo, bread.

Don't really care for 'white' food. Mashed potatoes, mayo (I use just enough that my sandwich isn't dry & prefer miracle whip). Whip cream (again it is ok IF it can be stirred in to disappear like in hot cocoa).

Don't like butter/margarine. I will eat just enough country crock on toast that the toast isn't dry. If I can see any yellow clumps in won't eat it. None on corn. None to dip my crab or lobster.......
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    I refuse to eat out of a trash can. Some of y'all need help. I'm Kidding.
  • shaymonieq
    shaymonieq Posts: 22 Member
    Ok so I belong on this thread. My food can’t touch need a fork or spoon for each thing on the plate don’t like white stuff or crave and most cheese just found one that I will eat. Have to have even number of creamers and splenda in my coffee. The last you must eat one thing on the plate at a time.
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    I won't eat the "butt" (as I call it" of anything... meaning the last bite of everything is left on my plate.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    I drink my coffee from the same cup everyday. It doesnt taste right in another cup.

I undress my pizza.

I smell my food before eating it. My kids yell at me all the time. Moooom stop smelling your food. Lol

Pickles first then tomatoes then aound the edge on burgers.
  • Cat_from_Chicago
    Cat_from_Chicago Posts: 95 Member
    I eat my finger foods in twos (by size) like fries, for example, I group them in twos and eat two of the same or similar size together. & if there are any left over I won't eat them ^_^
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    The first time I ate pistachois...think that's what they were...I didn't know you weren't supposed to eat the shell, so it's quiet and I was in a group and all of a sudden this LOUD cracking starts up (from yours truly), and I'm like, "These are GREAT!" *takes another handful*

It's a wonder I didn't break my teeth off.

It's all that whole-milk I drank as a kid, fatty.
  • adamlb
    adamlb Posts: 106 Member
    I can't bring myself to eat the ends of chips (or fries, for the US readers) if they're pointy and crispy - got to cut them off!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    I can't bring myself to eat the ends of chips (or fries, for the US readers) if they're pointy and crispy - got to cut them off!

Noooo!! The ends are the best part, especially if they are crispy.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,412 Member
    I eat my finger foods in twos (by size) like fries, for example, I group them in twos and eat two of the same or similar size together. & if there are any left over I won't eat them ^_^

Yes! I was afraid there was something wrong with me. M&Ms, Jelly Bellys, pretzels, wasabi peas, etc. I have done this for as long as I can remember.
  • Music_is_my_soul
    Music_is_my_soul Posts: 792 Member

Yes! I was afraid there was something wrong with me. M&Ms, Jelly Bellys, pretzels, wasabi peas, etc. I have done this for as long as I can remember.

HAHA I am the same way.. even with french fries.. I eat them in two same sizes.. skittles.. have to be the same color and in twos. if there is an odd number I don't eat the extra one. I leave it.

I dont mix any foods together except for rice and corn. Otherwise my food can't touch. I will also eat 1 thing on my plate at a time.
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    I don't mix my food!! I eat evetthing one at a time!!! My mom does this also :)
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member

I do the same thing, thank god I am not the only person who does this
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Haha great thread!

If I have something like smarties or M&Ms, I separate them into piles of different colours and eat from the smallest coloured amount to the largest.

I also have a thing about 'sloppy' textures like macaroni cheese, lasagna, stews and stuff - I don't like things covered in a sauce.

Moving on from food I do the colour things with pegs when I hang out the washing - each item has to have the same colour pegs... :blushing:
  • SuperSneaky
    SuperSneaky Posts: 43
    Since I was about 4, I've had a quirky eating habit: I can't eat the end of the hot dog. I can eat the FIRST end of it, and even use my teeth to get the last bit of meat out of the leftover end, but I absolutely cannot eat the gathered end on one side.