Quirky/OCD eating habits?

Options
TrailRunner61
TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
Am I the only one or do any of you have any quirky or OCD-like eating habits?

I will only eat with my fav. spoon because I like how it feels in my mouth, drink from my fav coffee mug because of how it fits my hand, I dont like to let my food 'touch' each other and I cut most food into tiny pieces (probably due to the fact that I nearly choked to death twice in my life!).

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I don't like food to touch, and I can't watch my bf prepare food because I'm a mild germaphobe and he's sloppy, but that's about it. There are certain texture and color combinations I won't eat unless someone were to make me. Like boiled spinach... That green and slimy eww... Or tomatoes, that's mostly just texture not color.
  • fergie2812
    fergie2812 Posts: 162
    Options
    oh hell yes!
    If its chips or anything of differnt sizes I leave the bigest ones til last.
    I tend to eat veg first then potatoes then meat.
    I can only have sauce on the side not all over (yet I have gravy all over!)
    Oh and don't get me started on 'round' food.
    If its a burger or a sandwich I have to eat round the outside first then go to the middle
    Think subconsciously I know there's always more filling in the middle!
    Worst thing is I've just caught my 6yr odl doing the same thing :blushing:
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    I am revolted by the feel of raw chicken. I really hate the sound of other people eating or smacking their lips OR talking with food in their mouths. I used to clean my plate, but now I am OCD about always leaving some food on my plate - it's a self-control test at every meal :)
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one or do any of you have any quirky or OCD-like eating habits?

I will only eat with my fav. spoon because I like how it feels in my mouth, drink from my fav coffee mug because of how it fits my hand, I dont like to let my food 'touch' each other and I cut most food into tiny pieces (probably due to the fact that I nearly choked to death twice in my life!).

You sound like my twin! I do all of the above, I have a fav spoon and fork, they are small not those huge long ones, I have a couple coffee mugs that I know just how much sugar and creamer to put in them, I cut my food into tiny pieces and I hate it when certain food touches each other. Thank God I am not alone!! :drinker:
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    I don't like food to touch, and I can't watch my bf prepare food because I'm a mild germaphobe and he's sloppy, but that's about it. There are certain texture and color combinations I won't eat unless someone were to make me. Like boiled spinach... That green and slimy eww... Or tomatoes, that's mostly just texture not color.

ooh, you would hate me... Spinach & tomatoes is a fav combo of mine lol :P
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I eat food in a certain order, I do what my mother calls "undressing" my food which is if it has breading or any kind of layers like a sandwich I will eat the layers individually or the breading first I can never eat it as-is, and I prefer to not have certain things touch such as two different foods that have different sauces/gravy or one that has sauce/gravy and a food that doesn't or anything that's sweet touching savory food.
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I will NEVER eat out of tupperwear, or eat from a plastic spoon or knife, or even wash plastic. I hate the feel of it. let alone eating from it. If I have to go out to eat ill make sure its something i can eat with my hands
  • ShalisaClam
    ShalisaClam Posts: 190
    Options
    oh hell yes!
    If its a burger or a sandwich I have to eat round the outside first then go to the middle

Aside from the 'round' food thing, you are absolutely my TWIN!!

I have to ask, do you sort your m&m's by color, and eat them that way. I have to.

:smile:
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Most of my quirks aren't relevant anymore as I don't eat those types of food but .... i cannot stand soggy food. Hot roast beef/turkey sandwich - gravy has to be on the side. Salad dressing - on the side. Cereal - I would dip my spoonful into a separate mug of milk. I'm also an "undresser" - I'd pick toppings off my pizza, eat them, then the cheese, then the crust.

Drove my mother nuts
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i dont like for some foods to touch...but i mix others, like macaroni and cheese with mashed potatoes. i put hot sauce on pretty much anything...spaghetti, chicken, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, eggs, biscuits and gravy, etc. i also have a texture issue with most fruit...its the seeds. i cant stand seeds.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    My 7 year old doesn't like her food to mix.

I eat one item at a time, like all my veggies, then meat, etc.
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Well, I take medicine to control my actual OCD so I am getting better .. but I still prefer to prepare my own poultry (way too many food science and microbio classes .. yuck!!) and I usually eat only one item at a time until I'm finished before I move on.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Most of my quirks aren't relevant anymore as I don't eat those types of food but .... i cannot stand soggy food. Hot roast beef/turkey sandwich - gravy has to be on the side. Salad dressing - on the side. Cereal - I would dip my spoonful into a separate mug of milk. I'm also an "undresser" - I'd pick toppings off my pizza, eat them, then the cheese, then the crust.

Drove my mother nuts

I hate soggy food too. My toast has to be luke warm before I put my butter on it.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    My food can't be touching and I always put syrups or sauces on the side. I also save my favorite foods for last, so usually veggies first, then meat, then potatoes. Also, when I have oatmeal, I put fruit in it (usually blueberries), I have to have a blueberry with every bite. I also cut or separate everything into tiny bites.
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have a few favorite spoons. I never eat with a big spoon.
    I also have a favorite bowl. I recently had to adapt to a NEW favorite bowl because my old favorites all broke, and one "went missing".
    On PB&J or any non-toasted sandwich on sliced bread I cut off the crust on the sides and the bottom...not the top...
    My sandwiches have to be layered in a specific order to prevent soggy bread...I will not eat soggy bread...ever...
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    I can not share utensils or straws. When cooking I don't taste from the utensils being used if someone does that I'll filp. I do not eat from others plates nor do I let others eat from mine.. If we have to share I'll get an extra plate and share that way. I'll never eat someones left over and I am not comfortable with someone eating mine.

No drinking from the same cup or bottle. No talking with food in your mouth (mom smh).

I guess that's it! lol nothing too out there.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few to be fair lol.

I always have a piece of kitchen roll underneath hot 'bready' things like toast or pizza as it goe soggy. It gets complicated if you ever want beans on toast.. :l

I rarely mix my foods. Things are usually seperated on my plate but I am getting better at this ^_^

I always use the smallest spoon to have ice cream or yogurt.

I never ever drink the 'ends' of drinks.

I disect my chicken before I even cook it taking all the (what i consider to be) bad bits, but then once it is cooked, I still disect it and eat it in tiny little pieces incase I have missed a darker bit. I do this with all chicken (or meats but I only really eat chicken). Everyone gets so annoyed at me for this one lol

I generally eat things from the outside in, or seperate 'layers' of the foods.

That is just some

EDIT: I also, in my boyfriends words, suck off twix's (the chocolate bar) I literally suck it and move it in and out. Did not realise I did this until my boyfriend says 'you getting some practice in for later there ;)'..... lol I never eat these in public now
  • bekahl
    bekahl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    oh hell yes!
    Worst thing is I've just caught my 6yr odl doing the same thing :blushing:

OMG! That is almost exactly the same as me!! Except for the gravy. I hate it full stop.
    I'm the same with the size of things. I tend to eat the meat first then the veg in order of my least fave to my most fave. And I definately eat around the edges of food before eating the middle!

Maybe we are OCD twins! lol
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    I can not share utensils or straws. When cooking I don't taste from the utensils being used if someone does that I'll filp. I do not eat from others plates nor do I let others eat from mine.. If we have to share I'll get an extra plate and share that way. I'll never eat someones left over and I am not comfortable with someone eating mine.

No drinking from the same cup or bottle. No talking with food in your mouth (mom smh).

I guess that's it! lol nothing too out there.

Oh I can not toat bagels I only microwave them.
  • bekahl
    bekahl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I only eat one item at a time then I move on to the next food. I don't like to mix food
    My Mum says that I have always done these things from being little