Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Quirky/OCD eating habits?

TrailRunner61
TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
Am I the only one or do any of you have any quirky or OCD-like eating habits?

I will only eat with my fav. spoon because I like how it feels in my mouth, drink from my fav coffee mug because of how it fits my hand, I dont like to let my food 'touch' each other and I cut most food into tiny pieces (probably due to the fact that I nearly choked to death twice in my life!).

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    I don't like food to touch, and I can't watch my bf prepare food because I'm a mild germaphobe and he's sloppy, but that's about it. There are certain texture and color combinations I won't eat unless someone were to make me. Like boiled spinach... That green and slimy eww... Or tomatoes, that's mostly just texture not color.
  • fergie2812
    fergie2812 Posts: 155 Member
    oh hell yes!
    If its chips or anything of differnt sizes I leave the bigest ones til last.
    I tend to eat veg first then potatoes then meat.
    I can only have sauce on the side not all over (yet I have gravy all over!)
    Oh and don't get me started on 'round' food.
    If its a burger or a sandwich I have to eat round the outside first then go to the middle
    Think subconsciously I know there's always more filling in the middle!
    Worst thing is I've just caught my 6yr odl doing the same thing :blushing:
  • I am revolted by the feel of raw chicken. I really hate the sound of other people eating or smacking their lips OR talking with food in their mouths. I used to clean my plate, but now I am OCD about always leaving some food on my plate - it's a self-control test at every meal :)
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Am I the only one or do any of you have any quirky or OCD-like eating habits?

I will only eat with my fav. spoon because I like how it feels in my mouth, drink from my fav coffee mug because of how it fits my hand, I dont like to let my food 'touch' each other and I cut most food into tiny pieces (probably due to the fact that I nearly choked to death twice in my life!).

You sound like my twin! I do all of the above, I have a fav spoon and fork, they are small not those huge long ones, I have a couple coffee mugs that I know just how much sugar and creamer to put in them, I cut my food into tiny pieces and I hate it when certain food touches each other. Thank God I am not alone!! :drinker:
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 666 Member
    I don't like food to touch, and I can't watch my bf prepare food because I'm a mild germaphobe and he's sloppy, but that's about it. There are certain texture and color combinations I won't eat unless someone were to make me. Like boiled spinach... That green and slimy eww... Or tomatoes, that's mostly just texture not color.

ooh, you would hate me... Spinach & tomatoes is a fav combo of mine lol :P
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    I eat food in a certain order, I do what my mother calls "undressing" my food which is if it has breading or any kind of layers like a sandwich I will eat the layers individually or the breading first I can never eat it as-is, and I prefer to not have certain things touch such as two different foods that have different sauces/gravy or one that has sauce/gravy and a food that doesn't or anything that's sweet touching savory food.
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    I will NEVER eat out of tupperwear, or eat from a plastic spoon or knife, or even wash plastic. I hate the feel of it. let alone eating from it. If I have to go out to eat ill make sure its something i can eat with my hands
  • ShalisaClam
    ShalisaClam Posts: 190
    oh hell yes!
    If its a burger or a sandwich I have to eat round the outside first then go to the middle

Aside from the 'round' food thing, you are absolutely my TWIN!!

I have to ask, do you sort your m&m's by color, and eat them that way. I have to.

:smile:
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Most of my quirks aren't relevant anymore as I don't eat those types of food but .... i cannot stand soggy food. Hot roast beef/turkey sandwich - gravy has to be on the side. Salad dressing - on the side. Cereal - I would dip my spoonful into a separate mug of milk. I'm also an "undresser" - I'd pick toppings off my pizza, eat them, then the cheese, then the crust.

Drove my mother nuts
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    i dont like for some foods to touch...but i mix others, like macaroni and cheese with mashed potatoes. i put hot sauce on pretty much anything...spaghetti, chicken, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, eggs, biscuits and gravy, etc. i also have a texture issue with most fruit...its the seeds. i cant stand seeds.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    My 7 year old doesn't like her food to mix.

I eat one item at a time, like all my veggies, then meat, etc.
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    :laugh: Well, I take medicine to control my actual OCD so I am getting better .. but I still prefer to prepare my own poultry (way too many food science and microbio classes .. yuck!!) and I usually eat only one item at a time until I'm finished before I move on.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Most of my quirks aren't relevant anymore as I don't eat those types of food but .... i cannot stand soggy food. Hot roast beef/turkey sandwich - gravy has to be on the side. Salad dressing - on the side. Cereal - I would dip my spoonful into a separate mug of milk. I'm also an "undresser" - I'd pick toppings off my pizza, eat them, then the cheese, then the crust.

Drove my mother nuts

I hate soggy food too. My toast has to be luke warm before I put my butter on it.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    My food can't be touching and I always put syrups or sauces on the side. I also save my favorite foods for last, so usually veggies first, then meat, then potatoes. Also, when I have oatmeal, I put fruit in it (usually blueberries), I have to have a blueberry with every bite. I also cut or separate everything into tiny bites.
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    I have a few favorite spoons. I never eat with a big spoon.
    I also have a favorite bowl. I recently had to adapt to a NEW favorite bowl because my old favorites all broke, and one "went missing".
    On PB&J or any non-toasted sandwich on sliced bread I cut off the crust on the sides and the bottom...not the top...
    My sandwiches have to be layered in a specific order to prevent soggy bread...I will not eat soggy bread...ever...
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,273 Member
    I can not share utensils or straws. When cooking I don't taste from the utensils being used if someone does that I'll filp. I do not eat from others plates nor do I let others eat from mine.. If we have to share I'll get an extra plate and share that way. I'll never eat someones left over and I am not comfortable with someone eating mine.

No drinking from the same cup or bottle. No talking with food in your mouth (mom smh).

I guess that's it! lol nothing too out there.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    I have quite a few to be fair lol.

I always have a piece of kitchen roll underneath hot 'bready' things like toast or pizza as it goe soggy. It gets complicated if you ever want beans on toast.. :l

I rarely mix my foods. Things are usually seperated on my plate but I am getting better at this ^_^

I always use the smallest spoon to have ice cream or yogurt.

I never ever drink the 'ends' of drinks.

I disect my chicken before I even cook it taking all the (what i consider to be) bad bits, but then once it is cooked, I still disect it and eat it in tiny little pieces incase I have missed a darker bit. I do this with all chicken (or meats but I only really eat chicken). Everyone gets so annoyed at me for this one lol

I generally eat things from the outside in, or seperate 'layers' of the foods.

That is just some

EDIT: I also, in my boyfriends words, suck off twix's (the chocolate bar) I literally suck it and move it in and out. Did not realise I did this until my boyfriend says 'you getting some practice in for later there ;)'..... lol I never eat these in public now
  • bekahl
    bekahl Posts: 41 Member
    oh hell yes!
    Worst thing is I've just caught my 6yr odl doing the same thing :blushing:

OMG! That is almost exactly the same as me!! Except for the gravy. I hate it full stop.
    I'm the same with the size of things. I tend to eat the meat first then the veg in order of my least fave to my most fave. And I definately eat around the edges of food before eating the middle!

Maybe we are OCD twins! lol
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,273 Member
    I can not share utensils or straws. When cooking I don't taste from the utensils being used if someone does that I'll filp. I do not eat from others plates nor do I let others eat from mine.. If we have to share I'll get an extra plate and share that way. I'll never eat someones left over and I am not comfortable with someone eating mine.

No drinking from the same cup or bottle. No talking with food in your mouth (mom smh).

I guess that's it! lol nothing too out there.

Oh I can not toat bagels I only microwave them.
  • bekahl
    bekahl Posts: 41 Member
    Oh, and I only eat one item at a time then I move on to the next food. I don't like to mix food
    My Mum says that I have always done these things from being little