Almond milk vs. Soy Milk vs. Rice Milk...

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
Almond milk vs. Soy Milk vs. Rice Milk... Please discuss.

Vanilla vs. Plain?

Lately, I've been on an almond milk kick, but haven't tried the others... Dairy kills my belly.

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    soy give me a gross after taste, it's to thick and way to sweet...I haven't tried rice milk though...i'm stuck on almond breeze 60 calories
  • kathy68820
    kathy68820 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    love...love...love my silk almond milk...
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Also, can you use all of the above in baking/cooking as you would moo cow milk? That, I haven't tried.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    love...love...love my silk almond milk...

That's what I've tried most recently and totally adore it.
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I substituted vanilla soy milk when a recipe called for milk. My DH is lactose intolerance and we were out of Lactaid. The recipe turned out great.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Cant handle the soy milk but I do use the almond milk. I like the chocolate for a yummy snack and I bake cakes and all sort of things with the vanilla almond milk. Its great
  • MarcyEveland
    Options
    I LOVE Almond milk as well, I do like Rice milk and I do like Coconut milk....I do use a TEENY bit of soy milk in my morning coffee as I find it is closer in taste to Reg milk and the above I don't care for in my coffee....

I also try to get Organic when I can.... :)

Usually Unsweetened Vanilla or Unsweetened Reg
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    I'm stuck on Rice Dream ^^
  • sweets2001
    sweets2001 Posts: 106
    Options
    I absolutely love Almond Milk and that's pretty much all the family uses now. Have used it in recipes without any problems. Love the way oatneal tastes made with almond milk, yummo!
  • hikergalrm
    hikergalrm Posts: 20
    Options
    Almond milk, rice has too much sugar and Dr. said no soy, due to my thyroid condition, apparently thyroid meds and soy don't mix.
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the almond milk right now. I tried it a few times, liked it, then when I realized there were 40-60 calorie versions I was hooked. I used to eat a lot of cereal, so it made huge difference to the amount I could eat.

I've tried rice milk, it was alright, and certain soy milks are okay. But I think almond milk has the least calories.
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I really like the SO Delicious ones......I can't tell the difference between Almond and Coconut milk.

Taste wise I prefer Silk, but soy is a no no for my thyroid.
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Alpro almond milk every time :)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Hazelnut milk is very nice.
  • RyleeNoelle
    RyleeNoelle Posts: 361
    Options
    Definitely almond milk for cereal or for drinking. And I prefer unsweetened.
    But for smoothies I do soy.
  • Cindylou321
    Cindylou321 Posts: 66
    Options
    I just love the 40 calorie chocolate almond milk, I put it in my coffee in the morning.. delish... :)))
  • 19steph88
    19steph88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love Silk Vanilla Coconut milk! Nummy!
  • spongekitty
    spongekitty Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Also, can you use all of the above in baking/cooking as you would moo cow milk? That, I haven't tried.
    Almond Breeze regular flavor tastes fantastic in muffins.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    1.) their not realy milk
    2.) vanilla all the way
    :flowerforyou:

i prefure moo cow milk, is yummie!
  • gretchann917
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk has the lowest amount of calories (40 in a cup!) and is my personal favorite. I drank rice dream for a long time (love it) but when I am watching my weight I stick to Almond Breeze. Soy milk tastes okay, however, too much soy is dangerous for anyone (especially women) as it increases estrogen levels. Good luck!