Almond milk vs. Soy Milk vs. Rice Milk...

Options

Replies

• Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I like coconut and soy milk. Usually don't keep soy milk in the house though because I don't want a lot of soy in my diet. Vanilla is my flavour of choice.
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I've been using soy milk for years without any ill effects. I use Eden Extra vanilla in my smoothies for more protein (its non-GMO, as are all Silk soy milks).

For cooking, I prefer plain unsweetened almond milk, and soy milk has it's own flavor, while almond milk is much milder. Rice milk is a bit on the sweet side, so it works in sweet recipes, as well.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    What about real milk? That's all I drink.
    It's ok if it doesn't upset your tummy...oh and you don't mind the slaughter of newborn calves....
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I havent tried Rice milk.
    But I like the taste of both Almond and Soy.
    But I drink Plain unsweetened Soy milk the most because it has 8 G of Protein and Almond milk only has 1.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Never tried anything but cows milk. Think i need to give almond milk a try! X
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Goat!!!!!
  • rlpalomino
    rlpalomino Posts: 27
    Options
    I love them all, Soy, almond, hazelnut and coconut. My question is how much of soy is too much, since I read two cups of soy is good for lowering general inflamation. I prefer to use soy since it has more protein then almond milk. Coconut milk is great for baking. I say use them all.
  • Jbarbo01
    Jbarbo01 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Coconut milk is pretty good at Trader Joes, for smoothies its fantastic. Almond milk is my favorite, but coconut milk is a close second. I prefer original almond milk and coconut milk, but I try to drink the unsweetened version.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I use soy milk for cooking and almond (vanilla) milk for cereal and protein shakes.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    What about real milk? That's all I drink.
    It's ok if it doesn't upset your tummy...oh and you don't mind the slaughter of newborn calves....

I LOVE veal....
  • myraknits
    myraknits Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Me too. Although my 1 complaint is that it makes really thin smoothies. Not very smooth.
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk has the lowest amount of calories (40 in a cup!) and is my personal favorite. I drank rice dream for a long time (love it) but when I am watching my weight I stick to Almond Breeze. Soy milk tastes okay, however, too much soy is dangerous for anyone (especially women) as it increases estrogen levels. Good luck!
  • kittyfrost
    kittyfrost Posts: 54
    Options
    Unsweetened soy milk is my favourite. 22 calories per 100ml and it has a really nice, creamy taste. I like almond milk too because it's quite sweet, but it doesn't mix well with coffee or oatmeal.
  • MontagneGitane
    MontagneGitane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I prefer unsweetened almond and hemp. The refrigerated coconut milk is good too. I haven't seen hazelnut around, but would love to try it.
  • dapperdoll
    dapperdoll Posts: 1
    Options
    I love both Soy & Almond, but recently decided to drink Almond milk exclusively due to the hormonal effects possible with soy products. "Real" milk is disgusting..

And I didn't realize so many cow's could type.. I'm impressed!! Since you know, those are the only mammals that should be boasting about drinking cow's milk. Keyword: cow's. Cow milk is for cows, just as dog's milk is for their puppies & your breastmilk is for human babies up to a certain age. We are the ONLY species that will gladly take the milk from another species, not to mention the only one that continues to consume milk past infancy. Stupid humans..
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options

I LOVE veal....

Ok, so we got all that out... Can we get back to the milks?
  • StirFriedGiblets
    Options
    I had Alpro Almond milk last week and now I'm totally hooked! I swear they must put something addictive in there because I'm just like a zombie howling "alllmmmoonnndd miiilllkkk" atm. Not too sweet, but sweeter than semi-skimmed milk, low in calories and very light on the stomach (when I drink too much normal milk it feels like my throat is clogged up and my stomach plummets from its weight lol)
  • StirFriedGiblets
    Options
    I love both Soy & Almond, but recently decided to drink Almond milk exclusively due to the hormonal effects possible with soy products. "Real" milk is disgusting..

And I didn't realize so many cow's could type.. I'm impressed!! Since you know, those are the only mammals that should be boasting about drinking cow's milk. Keyword: cow's. Cow milk is for cows, just as dog's milk is for their puppies & your breastmilk is for human babies up to a certain age. We are the ONLY species that will gladly take the milk from another species, not to mention the only one that continues to consume milk past infancy. Stupid humans..

I wouldn't call humans stupid, we're quite resourceful actually :drinker:
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    JBsCrazyGirl Posts: 337
    Options
    Also, can you use all of the above in baking/cooking as you would moo cow milk? That, I haven't tried.

I know you can use soy milk.
    My momma made some good old pancakes yesterday and they came out great!
  • mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    Options
    I loooooove plain almond milk! It's amazing on cereal and in coffee! I like to drink it all by it'sself too though :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

So, people that drink cow's milk are stupid? Nice.

Oh, and tell that to the mother's that have to feed their baby's on formula as they cannot produce breast milk.

I think real milk is yummy and not at all disgusting.