Ladies W/Curves & Critics

Options
This is my opinion:

I'm so tired of people acting like a lady with curves isn't skinny. I'm not talking about ladies that have curves and are apparently NOT skinny as in they have a belly bouncing. But for example women like Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce, etc., they are skinny. You don't see a donut or cupcake hanging over they're jeans, but you still see journalist saying that Kim is gaining weight. No stuid *kitten*, she has natural curves. What's wrong with that? Why do they expect all women to look alike and if they have curves, they're either gaining weight or not skinny.

Replies

• Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    Honestly those women have the most desirable body type, in my opinion anyway. I'm a hourglass shape as well, and I wouldn't trade it.
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am finding it so difficult to keep any curves at all in my weight loss journey. I am lifting heavy 2-3 times a week to try and get some mass back in my a**. I used to hate curves but now it seems like I am trying hard to get them back. The girls that have the rock hard bodies with curves work really hard to be curvier and I never realized that. I think it is much tougher to be a healthy curvy toned girl then a skinny fat one. That has been my experience. If anyone has any tips for getting a bigger booty (besides squats and lunges) I am all ears!!
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    curves all the way!!!:heart:
  • kalkat
    kalkat Posts: 48
    Options
    I totally agree! Women come in all sorts of beautiful shapes, and curvy is beautiful! My favorite curvy girls - Salma Hayek, Sofia Vergara, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Sara Ramirez, America Ferrera, Jennifer Lopez, Christina Hendricks, Beyonce, and the list goes on and on... None of these women are fat and I hate seeing gossip about any of them gaining weight, or needing to lose it.
  • NCVF
    NCVF Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I agree! Jessica Simpson got hit like crazy from the press with her weight gain. She's still so beautiful! It's very insulting and unrealistic for there to be a general idea that skinny is better. It's also not good for our young girls in the world.
  • momo2011Tuck
    momo2011Tuck Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love curves! I hope mine stay as i lose weight! my waist is 11-12inches smaller then my hips and i want it to stay that way! lol
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I don't think a lot of people realize that being curvy is a body type and has nothing to do with weight. You are either going to have an hour glass shape or you don't. No amount of weight loss is going to change the fact that you're curvy. Skinny girls can be curvy and so can fat girls. It's just the way their body is made! I can lose as much weight as I want but my hips are always going to be wide. ALL the women in my family have wide hips - even the skinny ones.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i dont care what the media says....i find curves sexy as hell. i literally DROOL over girls with the crazy hips and great bum and thighs (im a straight girl, but hell, we can all appreciate a chick with a great body, right?!) i wish i could have that......i am built like a f**** RECTANGLE!
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Honestly those women have the most desirable body type, in my opinion anyway. I'm a hourglass shape as well, and I wouldn't trade it.

Amen!!! :love:
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I've got them and they ain't going anywhere, they're in my genes!!! My Hubs loves them!!!! Thank God for celebrities with curves, and for standing up for us curvy girls!!!! We can be healthy and curvy!!!!!
  • TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    Curves are HOT!!! U most definitely can be skinny and curvy! Bony isn't skinny, it's more of a disorder!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I am finding it so difficult to keep any curves at all in my weight loss journey. I am lifting heavy 2-3 times a week to try and get some mass back in my a**. I used to hate curves but now it seems like I am trying hard to get them back. The girls that have the rock hard bodies with curves work really hard to be curvier and I never realized that. I think it is much tougher to be a healthy curvy toned girl then a skinny fat one. That has been my experience. If anyone has any tips for getting a bigger booty (besides squats and lunges) I am all ears!!

Some women will have curves no matter what they weigh. Not everyone has to work hard to keep or get them.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'm definately curvy and I love it. In my opinion, women with curves look healthier than sticks. And before all the skinny folks start bashing me, I was anorexic once. Been there, done that and I'm not going back! I'm hoping to keep my curves and so far it's only gotten better for my behind. It's tighter, up higher and rounder, more defined! I'm 50 and I have the butt of a 20 year old. lol. My chest, sadly is getting a little too small but oh well, that's what miracle bras are for. I know I'm healthier.
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    i dont care what the media says....i find curves sexy as hell. i literally DROOL over girls with the crazy hips and great bum and thighs (im a straight girl, but hell, we can all appreciate a chick with a great body, right?!) i wish i could have that......i am built like a f**** RECTANGLE!

I love this! Curves are sexy. Skin draped over bones... ehh not so much. Gross. And I am a straight girl as well but I can appreciate a great body when I see one, male or female! I can't wait to lose the "extras" that are covering up my curves. It'll be a fabulous day when that happens.:drinker:
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I used to be a stick.
    After having my daughter I finally have some curve to my body. My husband and I both LOVE it.
  • geminigrl622
    geminigrl622 Posts: 144
    Options
    I agree and think the way they are shaped is normal.
  • RyleeNoelle
    RyleeNoelle Posts: 361
    Options
    Posts like this give me a little more hope. Haha.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Anyone who criticizes any body type needs to shut up.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    A lot of this stems from the misuse of "curvy" - a lot of the press assign "curvy" to anyone with fat rolls or who have a belly. Hell, I've seen it applied to obese people. Yes, they have curves, but they've redefined "curvy" to be a kind way of saying "podgy". Now anyone described as curvy who is toned is seen as bigger than acceptable, or borderline at least.
    And don't get me started on "real" women. They're ALL bloody real, hourglass, wobbly, rectangular, whatever!
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I dont mind some curve but dang that JO LO bootie that I have.... ugh... I am trying to loose weight but my rear end is as bubbly as ever. I have passed it to my child who is skin and bones with her JO LO bootie. LOL . I know every one raves about having one. but good grief cant it be just a little less ?