Ladies W/Curves & Critics

Options

Replies

• katenmills
    katenmills Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Because the people who write such things work for tabloids. It's their job to sensationalise stories and criticise celebrities using as much hyperbole as possible. These magazines are brought out weekly; when there's no story, you have to create your own.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Anyone who criticizes any body type needs to shut up.

THIS. No body type should be shamed.
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    Anyone who criticizes any body type needs to shut up.
    This!
  • nessat18
    nessat18 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Curves are hot!! I love my curves and hopefully they just get better defined as I lose the fat...lol
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    ^^^
    Agreed with all the above posts!!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I don't want to look like anyone else. I love my curves. They're here to stay :)
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I have too many friends who are skinny who would love a bit of curve........we are as we are! We need to be comfortable in our skin!
    Why would you want to cuddle a stick any more than someone you can not get your arms around?!?!?
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I agree I want to have curves I dont want to look like a boy I want hips but and breast I just dont want the flab in the middle. I dont no why they want every one to be a size 0 and 89 lbs lol most men want women with curves.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I'm skinny and I've got curves. You CAN have them both.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't describe Kim Kardashian, Beyonce, or J Lo as skinny. Certainly they aren't fat, but they aren't skinny. The Olsen twins are skinny. Natalie Portman is skinny.

I really think the comments about not wanting to cuddle a stick, etc., are pretty rude. Some women are skinny, there's nothing wrong with that. Some people find that attractive, despite the fact that the thread got locked because of (shocking!) rude comments.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    No stuid *kitten*, she has natural curves.

I recommend more fiber in your diet.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    This is my opinion:

But for example women like Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce, etc., they are skinny.

None of those women are skinny. Beautiful, fit bodies, but not skinny.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    This is my opinion:

But for example women like Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce, etc., they are skinny.

I would put them in the proper "thick" category. Not the whole, "I'm a larger girl calling myself thick" but the true thick - bigger butts and thighs, but still (like you said) fit bodies.
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Honestly those women have the most desirable body type, in my opinion anyway. I'm a hourglass shape as well, and I wouldn't trade it.

Totes agree! I <3 my hourglass figure!
  • Sofithomas
    Sofithomas Posts: 118
    Options
    I'm sick of being called curvy haha I just want to be elegant and slim!!! But no matter how hard I diet or exercise I will always have this thicknesd to me, oh well hopefully someone out there will love a bit of junk in the trunk!! XD
  • rcates2424
    rcates2424 Posts: 208
    Options
    #curves all the way
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    This is my opinion:

I would put them in the proper "thick" category. Not the whole, "I'm a larger girl calling myself thick" but the true thick - bigger butts and thighs, but still (like you said) fit bodies.

yea, they are not skinny, nor are the fat, but definitely not skinny... they have some meat. I'd agree with "thick".
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm sick of being called curvy haha I just want to be elegant and slim!!! But no matter how hard I diet or exercise I will always have this thicknesd to me, oh well hopefully someone out there will love a bit of junk in the trunk!! XD

I feel the same way, only I am insulted by people who love the junk in my trunk. I don't like being admired for something about myself I dislike.
  • Sofithomas
    Sofithomas Posts: 118
    Options

I feel the same way, only I am insulted by people who love the junk in my trunk. I don't like being admired for something about myself I dislike.

Ah we are the same!!! And people think its a compliment and when they make a comment I wanna die inside lol!!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, very few women have real curves. Many here that are posting right now are pretty toned and healthy looking with no curves, overweight with no curves but thinki they do or very thin and bony and think they have curves.

I think curves has become a term used by women who find themselves sexy, regardless of if they have them or not. :laugh: