Ladies W/Curves & Critics

Options

Replies

• criscram
    criscram Posts: 11
    Options
    Ugh...what about "big boned"? I've seen big, tall women AND men. I think it's just body type as well. I'm 5.7...tall, yes...big boned, I don't think so. What do you think of the term "big boned"?
  • criscram
    criscram Posts: 11
    Options
    I agree fbMandy...I'm thinking JLo is curvy!
  • mmychal
    mmychal Posts: 69
    Options
    This is why shows like America's Next Top Model are aggravating. The girls I see on there that they call "plus size" are like size 6's and 8's. Since when is size 6-10 a PLUS size?!?!?!

I prefer to call them Size HOT.

Ladies, don't let Fashion/Society dictate what's skinny/healthy/attractive.

Ask us men who are checking OUT your curves! :)

If Kim Kardashian is "fat" then I sure do like 'em tubby!
  • smartandtrim
    smartandtrim Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    THIS

I'm 5'2. Current weight is 115. My measurements? 38-19-42. I wear a 28F bra. That's about as curvy as you can get. Look at my profile picture. I have very little fat on my body. My curves are the result of good genetics.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Because the media is a bunch of idiots who keep trying to tell us how and what to think and it works on people! I WISH I was curvy like those women but even when I was heavy I was flat chested and flat assed, which is why I build muscle now so that I don't like like Olive Oil lol. Here's a tip...DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO A WORD THE MEDIA HAS TO SAY ABOUT ANYTHING! You will be much happier that way!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    not caring what people think, (or reading about it in the media) helps a lot.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I am terribly envious and jealous of women with great curves, no matter what their size. I have a terrible build. 5'9, broad shoulders and practically no waist and no butt! Women with curves are hot!
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I love my curves and I know they aren't going anywhere. I've been losing weight and inches but my backside and chest are never going to get smaller. My measurements put me in the hourglass category and I love that!

I think Kim Kardashian has the best body out of all celebrities. I don't care if she's not traditionally thin - she's hot!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    celebrities and models are all off in la-la land. Kim Kardashian has a lovely figure.
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, very few women have real curves. Many here that are posting right now are pretty toned and healthy looking with no curves, overweight with no curves but thinki they do or very thin and bony and think they have curves.

I think curves has become a term used by women who find themselves sexy, regardless of if they have them or not. :laugh:

This...precisely....so over talked about, and misused.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    From my years in the entertainment industry, I must say that women whose rather substantial livelihood depends on physical appearance will spend any amount of their income to appear in the way that most enhances their future employability.
    This includes everything from makeup artists to photoshop to surgical intervention.
    Similarly, tabloid photographers are constantly following these famous people around, with the express hope of catching them in less than flattering poses or facial expressions.
    If any of you continue to compare yourselves to well-doctored photographs of celebrities, you are on what will surely be a sad and unsatisfying mission in life.
  • jesshall281
    jesshall281 Posts: 219
    Options
    Skinny and Healthy = Beautiful
    Curvy and Healthy= Beautiful

Skinny and bulimic= Unhealthy
    Curvy and fat= Unhealthy
  • Afterblue
    Afterblue Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    One of the first things I did when I started losing weight was GET RID OF ALL FASHION AND CELEBRITY MAGAZINES. I won't look at them. I won't surf those sites. If I see "OMG! [INSERT CELEBRITY] CELLULITE HORROR! I look the other way. A lot of entertainment media seems to be written by extremely catty high school kids and have very narrow standards of beauty.

Truth is, it is all based on your body type. If you are short-waisted, it is harder for you to have a defined waist, so focus on the awesome legs that you could have. If you are pear-shaped, embrace the booty and slim waist you are genetically predisposed to. Enhance what nature gave you. Embrace what your body can be at its best instead of either desperately hoping for an unrealistic (for your bone structure) body type. Looking at celebrities never helps. They have advantages that most normal people don't. They can hire trainers and chefs. They are corseted, airbrushed and girdled. They have access to plastic surgery. And if they are model types, they are *often* so because they fit a narrow genetically determined profile that favored long, narrow lines, are extremely young and have steam engine metabolisms and probably eat little to start with.

I always admired the buff, athletic fitness model types. But even when I was 175 pounds, I had a bust and hip that was 12 and 10 inches smaller than my waist. Am I going to be buffer? Yes. I already have the beginnings of a 4 pack. But am I going to look like Jelena Abbou? Nope. I don't have the time, and I don't have her long waist. It is okay. All body types are good. The focus is on being the best you can be.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Curves are hot! I find the pinup look much more attractive than whats out there today.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Smart woman here:
    One of the first things I did when I started losing weight was GET RID OF ALL FASHION AND CELEBRITY MAGAZINES. I won't look at them. I won't surf those sites. If I see "OMG! [INSERT CELEBRITY] CELLULITE HORROR! I look the other way. A lot of entertainment media seems to be written by extremely catty high school kids and have very narrow standards of beauty.

Truth is, it is all based on your body type. If you are short-waisted, it is harder for you to have a defined waist, so focus on the awesome legs that you could have. If you are pear-shaped, embrace the booty and slim waist you are genetically predisposed to. Enhance what nature gave you. Embrace what your body can be at its best instead of either desperately hoping for an unrealistic (for your bone structure) body type. Looking at celebrities never helps. They have advantages that most normal people don't. They can hire trainers and chefs. They are corseted, airbrushed and girdled. They have access to plastic surgery. And if they are model types, they are *often* so because they fit a narrow genetically determined profile that favored long, narrow lines, are extremely young and have steam engine metabolisms and probably eat little to start with.

I always admired the buff, athletic fitness model types. But even when I was 175 pounds, I had a bust and hip that was 12 and 10 inches smaller than my waist. Am I going to be buffer? Yes. I already have the beginnings of a 4 pack. But am I going to look like Jelena Abbou? Nope. I don't have the time, and I don't have her long waist. It is okay. All body types are good. The focus is on being the best you can be.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    A lot of this stems from the misuse of "curvy" - a lot of the press assign "curvy" to anyone with fat rolls or who have a belly. Hell, I've seen it applied to obese people. Yes, they have curves, but they've redefined "curvy" to be a kind way of saying "podgy". Now anyone described as curvy who is toned is seen as bigger than acceptable, or borderline at least.
    And don't get me started on "real" women. They're ALL bloody real, hourglass, wobbly, rectangular, whatever!

Totally agree! Fed up of fat women who just say "I'm curvy", and so then it's seen as an acceptable word to call only chubby girls.

And again, when big girls use the phrase "I'm a real woman" - sorry, what is everyone else with a v4gina then?!

:laugh:
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Smart woman here:

:drinker:
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    A lot of this stems from the misuse of "curvy" - a lot of the press assign "curvy" to anyone with fat rolls or who have a belly. Hell, I've seen it applied to obese people. Yes, they have curves, but they've redefined "curvy" to be a kind way of saying "podgy". Now anyone described as curvy who is toned is seen as bigger than acceptable, or borderline at least.
    And don't get me started on "real" women. They're ALL bloody real, hourglass, wobbly, rectangular, whatever!

Totally agree! Fed up of fat women who just say "I'm curvy", and so then it's seen as an acceptable word to call only chubby girls.

And again, when big girls use the phrase "I'm a real woman" - sorry, what is everyone else with a v4gina then?!

Well they *are* curvy. Just more.. bowling ball curvy. :x
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

nice 'strike' ;)
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options

nice 'strike' ;)
    Am I really gonna get sent to the naughty step for that?

It was a joke, I promise! :3