• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    BILLS!

N00b :/
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Nada. Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I came to the conclusion last year that I am old when I turned 41 with the following five reasons...

1. At the doctors I found that my eyesight went from 20/13 to 20/30
    2. After a 11 mile hike in Yosemite, the following morning I was in so much pain! (never before)
    3. At Magic Mountain, all I wanted to do was walk around and eat, not go on the rides.
    4. Kids music today suck.

5. IMG_1117.jpg

Forget Jeep's and an entire life of four-wheeling and anything off-road, it's all about the Corvette drives up the Pacific Coast Highway!

I was told from an friend who is now 50 that there will be a 6th sign but I will have to figure it out on my own. That having a Corvette might compensate for it.
  • aliceguy
    aliceguy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    The fact that going to bed at 7pm is an attractive option.....
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I grew up with a party line (a telephone line that you could hear other customers conversations) and my first tape recorder was a reel-to-reel. I also had a typing class in high school on a typewriter and the only computer accessible to students in my metropolitan Houston High School (except for data processing students I would suppose) was a computer that did not have a monitor (printer feedback) and was programmed with punch cards....
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    That I work for someone younger than I am :( I remember being the young one at the office!
  • toxicmikki
    toxicmikki Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The fact that I celebrated my 43rd birthday this year....Then realized 2 months later (when I signed up on MFP) that I was actually 44!!!!! :mad:
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Oh... and I have actually SEEN a slide rule.... Students taking math classes 2-3 years before me actually had to use the things.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    My 10 year class reunion will be next year.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I'm only on page 5, but there's been a recurring theme that I have to make sure I post and don't forget (because I'm old. LOL)

What makes me feel old is that I don't even understand when people say they feel old because "MTV used to only play music videos"

What the heck do they play now?
  • efokken
    efokken Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The fact that my 26 yr old bf had never seen or knew of Sixteen Candles....ugh
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    The fact that kids starting high school this year were born in 1998.

The fact that 1998 was the year I graduated from high school!

I graduated in 1998 :wink:

My good friend's son just graduated last week. :noway: He was 3 years old just a few years ago.
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm only on page 5, but there's been a recurring theme that I have to make sure I post and don't forget (because I'm old. LOL)

What makes me feel old is that I don't even understand when people say they feel old because "MTV used to only play music videos"

What the heck do they play now?

A bunch of reality shows, as well as other stuff. Not a lot of music videos...
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I've got one for you... Me and my oldest were talking about a PBS show and you youngest said she hadn't heard of it my oldest 14 turns to my youngest 12 and says you make me feel old.... my jaw just dropped and that was the first thing that made me feel old.. I told my oldest never to say that again. other things make me feel old a lot of stuff mentioned but nothing as much as that and as the fact that she is going to High school in August.....
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    My 40 year HS reunion is this year.

mine is next summer...........

dang, when did THAT happen????
  • whiplashpcw
    whiplashpcw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    When I bought a Mature rated video game and the date that popped up on the register to say "You must have been born after this date" was a date AFTER I graduated High School.

LMAO
  • erikkasusann
    erikkasusann Posts: 104
    Options
    A high-school aged kid asked me the other day "what kind of music was cool way back when" I was his age. Little s#$t.

I'm quoting myself for an update. I just had to explain who David Bowie & Mick Jagger are to the same little s#$t. SMH.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Here's another thing................when I was a young lady, there was no such a THING as rap music. No hiphop, no gangsta, no whatever-the-hell they call it these days.

And those WERE better times musically....................

so there!

And don't you sass me, young whippersnapper!!!

:smokin: :devil: :smokin: :devil: :smokin: :devil: :smokin: :devil:
  • princessage117
    princessage117 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I forget my age when someone asks me, that has to be a sign!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    That I went all through school and got a university degree without using a computer.

That patterned stockings (like the ones I wore in 1986 when I was 20) are back.