What fact makse you feel old?

Options

Replies

• MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    The fact that " That 70's Show" is on Nick at Nite. I remember watching the series premiere.
  • Philis64
    Philis64 Posts: 27
    Options
    Stairway to Heaven is now elevator music.

LOL
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I graduated from my IT degree the year Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web :laugh:

Can you imagine doing an IT degree, or in fact anything, without a readily-accessible internet?

Edit: I hate the fact you can't edit badly-spelled topic headers :explode:

As much as it hurts me to say this... I started my IT career before there were IT degrees, and LONG before women were common in the industry. My first "modern" computer (i.e. - I could pick it up) used 8" floppy disks.

Which means, when I was a young one, you were lucky if somebody owned a television on your BLOCK, and the entire neighborhood crowded around the tiny, grainy black and white picture to watch momentous events such as JFK''s funeral.
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and I met one of my very best friends at the ripe old age of 3. Yes - in preschool!! That means we have been friends for 44 years. I always joke with her that someday when we're 103 years old (and probably too senile to remember!) we can say we've been friends for an entire century. LOL
  • grayprae
    grayprae Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I had to explain the song Video Killed that Radio Star to my children the other day, how it was the first video played on MTV you know back when they played videos only
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I remember watching "The Flintstones" and "The Jetsons" when they were on in Prime Time, and I still have my pocket calculator from high school, and it's 35 yrs old.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I still remember waiting forever and making myself a full blown snack or meal before the dial-up finally connected me into AOL... and DON'T get me started on having to wait for someone to get off of the phone before even thinking about getting on the internet :noway:
    Oh let's get scarier than that! I provided international remote support (I controlled the client computer from my computer) - over a 300 baud modem connection!

<chuckle>
  • VaporsWorld
    VaporsWorld Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Just had my 20 year class reunion.
    5 years ago in a store the young clerk referred to the music on the radio as the oldies station. It was 80's music.
    I tell my son about having 8 tracks and cassette tapes. He was amazed by vinyl!
    When meeting people who were born the year Thriller was released. Blows my mind!
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    All of the kids I teach were born in the 21st century. And most of them are taller than me now. :(
  • ValiCaly
    ValiCaly Posts: 111
    Options
    BIrthdays
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I was talking to some HS students and they said HMU and I was like WTF does that mean! I was automatically uncool

HMU = Hit me up

geez..I'm only 24 :explode:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I was with a friend who is 24. We saw a kid with a nice 80s fabulous hair style, a fade. She said "what kind of weird hair is this?" I told her it was super popular in the late 80s early 90s. Then I realized she wasn't even born when it was popular. And neither was the guy with the hair style.
  • erikkasusann
    erikkasusann Posts: 104
    Options
    Nirvana released "Smells Like Teen Spirit" 21 years ago next month. 21....years....ago......

That's crazy. I can picture my Jr. High school gym all decorated for a mixer & everyone losing their minds when that song came on. We were soooo grunge in our ripped jeans, Docs, & flannels!
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I had to explain the song Video Killed that Radio Star to my children the other day, how it was the first video played on MTV you know back when they played videos only

Did you have to explain how MTV *ACTUALLY* played music videos as well? I didn't know the youth today knew they had them. Heck, you can now watch *MOVIES* on MTV!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I'm only on page 5, but there's been a recurring theme that I have to make sure I post and don't forget (because I'm old. LOL)

What makes me feel old is that I don't even understand when people say they feel old because "MTV used to only play music videos"

What the heck do they play now?

reality shows.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I was talking to some HS students and they said HMU and I was like WTF does that mean! I was automatically uncool

HMU = Hit me up

geez..I'm only 24 :explode:
    I would have been right there with you, and I'm only 22.

It took me freaking ages to work out what YOLO means.
  • Sassafras4
    Sassafras4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    When i have to find the year I was born for an electronic form...i have to scroll,,,and scroll,,,and scroll
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'm only on page 5, but there's been a recurring theme that I have to make sure I post and don't forget (because I'm old. LOL)

What makes me feel old is that I don't even understand when people say they feel old because "MTV used to only play music videos"

What the heck do they play now?

reality shows.

In other words, garbage
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    Options
    I can still write in pager codes
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Floppy disks are now obsolete :noway: