Replies

• concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly young but

-Using cassette tapes
    -Manually changing the tv channel with dials
    -Some kids don't know if the titanic was real
    -The tallest building in my town was 8 stories, now trump moved in...
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    My 5th grade students had no understanding of 9/11 because when it happened they were only a year old.
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Yes! Friday Night Videos! Before MTV got huge, and for kids whose parents "refuse to pay for tv!" LOL

Things that make me feel soooo old...seeing all the comments in this thread about "It's been 15 years since I graduated high school"..."waiting forever for dial up to connect". I graduated high school in 1989 and we didn't even have remote controls for the tv when I was a kid, let alone internet. Hell, when I was a kid, most families I knew only had ONE tv in the whole house and no one had a clue what the internet was. :laugh:

I graduated in 1977. We had a remote control for our TV. Dad would say "Change the channel" and one of us would (whomever was closest to the TV and the antenna control.
  • Altarian
    Altarian Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    when i get someone who was born in 1994 walk up and buy a pack of smokes.
  • 9ofthem
    9ofthem Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    When my kids realized I was:

older than the internet
    older than cell phones
    older than caller id
    older than remote controls
    older than cd's
    older than cassettes
    older than required seat belt laws
    old enough to have prayer and pledge first thing every day in school
    old enough to have used party line phones and out houses
    old enough to remember riding a Greyhound bus younger than 12 without an adult.
  • elcyclista
    elcyclista Posts: 393
    Options
    The number 23 :(.

Also, my nephew has no idea who Captain Planet is.
  • WillPowerYes
    WillPowerYes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    That my husband rented a "baby beeper" when our son was due to be born, so I could call him and "beep" that baby was on the way. It was pre-cellphone.
  • gizziemonkey
    gizziemonkey Posts: 451
    Options
    that my grandbaby turned 4 this past weekend :smile:
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yes! Friday Night Videos! Before MTV got huge, and for kids whose parents "refuse to pay for tv!" LOL

Things that make me feel soooo old...seeing all the comments in this thread about "It's been 15 years since I graduated high school"..."waiting forever for dial up to connect". I graduated high school in 1989 and we didn't even have remote controls for the tv when I was a kid, let alone internet. Hell, when I was a kid, most families I knew only had ONE tv in the whole house and no one had a clue what the internet was. :laugh:

I graduated in 1977. We had a remote control for our TV. Dad would say "Change the channel" and one of us would (whomever was closest to the TV and the antenna control.
    Oh yes, we had that remote too! :laugh:
  • DrGeriK
    DrGeriK Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    What makes me feel old is my niece will turn 30 yo this month as well as she will celebrate her 4th wedding anniversary. Plus my 13 yo is taller than I am even when I'm wearing high heels.
  • ednawhatnot
    ednawhatnot Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Guns 'n' Roses released Appetite For Destruction 25 years years ago next month. It still sounds so fresh to me yet I have friends who weren't yet born when it came out.
  • Altarian
    Altarian Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    when i hear Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and other bands from the early 90's on the classic rock station and 80's music on oldies radio.
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    When my kids realized I was:

older than cassettes
    Not quite: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_Cassette