JUNE STARTERS WEIGH IN, week of July 27th

Options

Replies

• Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Kandy! I was wondering where you were, I hadn't seen you around in a whiel!
  • yellowhouse
    Options
    Only down .5 this week...a bit discouraging since I worked really hard. My health educator said it could be retained water from this unusual heat wave...I hope so. 13 pounds in 4 weeks is good progress I just need to keep it up. Hoping for a big number next week!
  • kat05317
    kat05317 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I think everyone is doing a great job!
    I will be honest last week was a rough week being that TOM and work related stuff going on. I got a little depressed when I saw a 2 pound gain last week.(Developed a good case of denial) So I skipped last week. (sorry) But I am going to weigh in tomorrow morning and I will own up to it good or bad. I am nervous tho.
    kat
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    I'm amazed...I feel so much better than April 2009 when I weighed 223. June 2nd I joined MFP at 214. And today I weighed in at 199.6.

Okay, so I had to take off my wedding ring,earrings and necklace to do it...but 199.6 is just that - under 200! :blushing:

I'm so grateful to members of "JUNE STARTERS" started by "kandyjo" and "Fit By Fall" started by "mrsprazak05" and "Low Carb-ers Chanllenge to Choose Change" started by "SassySouthernGirl". These three ladies and their group members have inspired and encouraged me to reach a goal I sometimes never even considered starting because I didn't think I'd ever be successful...so I was a quitter before I even started! :angry:

Now I get it, just one day at a time - one calorie at a time, one minute of exercise at a time. It's so much easier when it's small steps. I'm on my way! :happy:
  • kaja
    kaja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    well done for being in the 1 hundreds.

sw - 180
    lw - 169
    cw - 168 (12 stone)

so 1 lb lost this week, i was so hoping i would be under 12 stone this week :grumble:
    but a loss is a loss and the inches are going down :happy:
  • Daisy_May
    Options
    SO I was hoping for a big loss this week I worked my butt off and really want my vacation weight gone, but much to my dismay it's not all gone yet:sad:
    LW : 212
    CW: 210

-2lbs, so a loss which is great but I was really hopping for more. Good News is if I keep losing just 2lbs a week in 27 weeks I'll be at my goal! Which is just after the new year.....

This weekend is my birthday party though so I'll be happy if I just don't gain!! I will be indulging in alcohol but I won't be TOO bad with the food:drinker:
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Good News is if I keep losing just 2lbs a week in 27 weeks I'll be at my goal! Which is just after the new year.....

That is a great way to think about it. Let's see. If I lose 2 lbs a week I will be at my goal in 22 weeks. Seems like a long time, but I can live with that.
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Potentially that is 8 - 10 lbs a month which is also a good way to look at it...

:happy:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    This morning - 165.5 and it's my TOM.

Last week was 166, I think? Weird week though, some mornings the scale bounced all the way up to 169, but was never lower than this morning. Oh well. I do have a lot of water retention, I can feel it as well as see it in my hands.

Otherwise, feeling good :love:
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    O.k. I couldn't help myself. I've been working really hard to work off the weekend and I drank way more water to flush out any sodium. I'm very diasapointed.

Last week- 178.5
    CW- 180.5

:explode:

You know what though, I still weigh 14.5 lbs less than when I started this journey. I'll just have to work a little harder to get to my goal of 170 by August 31. I think I can do it. Maybe.
  • Daisy_May
    Options
    O.k. I couldn't help myself. I've been working really hard to work off the weekend and I drank way more water to flush out any sodium. I'm very diasapointed.

Last week- 178.5
    CW- 180.5

You know what though, I still weigh 14.5 lbs less than when I started this journey. I'll just have to work a little harder to get to my goal of 170 by August 31. I think I can do it. Maybe.

Of course you can do it!!!! Just make sure you drink all your water and get your exercise:happy:
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Thanks Daisy, I am irrationally bummed by this (even though I choose not to count calories last weekedn.) but I'm glad I weighed in so I could see where I'm at.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    SW (6-15-09) 176.5
    LW 167.5
    CW 164.5
    Mini goal - 165 by the by the beginning of Aug. REACHED!!!!!!!!:tongue:

I reached my mini goal!!!
    And lost 3lbs!
    AND made cupcakes with the kids last night and didn't eat one! I think I'm most proud of that! LOL

Congrats to all who had great weeks and Good job to all who are sticking with it!:drinker:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Today I weighed in for the first time since last Wednesday. Made it a whole week without weighing and I think that is an accomplishment considering I would weigh multiple times per day.

I am happy with my weight loss this week! Right on schedule. Really happy considering I ate several treats along the way (dairy queen peanut buster parfait, cookout food). I think this is a true testament that you can still eat the foods you love IN MODERATION and still lose weight. We can all rejoice to that! :)

SW: 191
    LW: 176.5
    TW: 174.5
    GW: 150
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    SO I was hoping for a big loss this week I worked my butt off and really want my vacation weight gone, but much to my dismay it's not all gone yet:sad:
    LW : 212
    CW: 210

-2lbs, so a loss which is great but I was really hopping for more. Good News is if I keep losing just 2lbs a week in 27 weeks I'll be at my goal! Which is just after the new year.....

This weekend is my birthday party though so I'll be happy if I just don't gain!! I will be indulging in alcohol but I won't be TOO bad with the food:drinker:

2lbs is great (sorry all the vacation weight isn't gone yet...but you had fun right?)! Most Dr's say 1 to 2 lbs a week is a good healthy weight loss. I'm one of those people who plans on 1 lb a week and then am pleasantly surprised with 2 lbs!:tongue:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Ok, June Starters!! My turn :happy:

I wish I was reporting something amazing, but alas....I am not...

SW 230 lbs
    LW 220 lbs
    CW 221 lbs

I acutally gained a pound..... Really annoyed with myself right now.... BUT ya know, its just a pound... I will get that off.... I was just wanting to be under the 220's at this point...
    Vacation begins Saturday.... I have a game plan so we will see how it goes!!

Keep ROCKIN' JUNE STARTERS!!!! You're all AWESOME!!!! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options

Last week- 178.5
    CW- 180.5

a

Just get back on track!!! It'll happen :wink: I gained last week also, but I'm going to kick it in high gear to catch up :wink:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    070225200121_Rosie_the_Riveter_We_Can_Do_It_LG.jpg
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    Options
    Hello all,

I seem to be struggling....

SW: 142
    LW: 136.8
    CW: 135.8

A loss, but I've been going up and down all week. I think I need to workout harder. I will this week and let you all know how that goes! :ohwell:
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    That is awsome! Keep it up! I can't wait for my day to come where i'm no longer in the 200s :happy: And I too am so grateful for kandyjo for starting JUNE STARTERS!!!! It really does keep me going!!!