If you could "do-over" any year.....

Options
Reedern
Reedern Posts: 525 Member
What year would you like to do-over and why???

For me, I would have to say when I was 25 yrs old. That year was so boring and spent trying to save a relationship that was never going to be saved. I would like to go back and spend it doing more things for myself that I could enjoy and live it up!

Replies

• couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    1996. I would go back and tell myself all the s&*t I'd have to deal with and stop myself from getting married.
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    2006 - I never have left for my last stint living/working in the Philippines and instead would have spent as much time as possible with my da before he passed away. 3 months wasn't nearly enough!
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Those are great reasons to want to do those years over!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    What year would you like to do-over and why???

For me, I would have to say when I was 25 yrs old. That year was so boring and spent trying to save a relationship that was never going to be saved. I would like to go back and spend it doing more things for myself that I could enjoy and live it up!

I wouldn't do over anything, because if I did, it wouldn't lead me to where I'm at now, and I wouldn't have my beautiful lady in my life :D There's no point in wondering what you'd do differently, since you can't go back in time and change it.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    1996 - I would have studied harder and partied less in order to keep my full ride scholarship. :ohwell:
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    1994. Definitely. I made a lot of bad decisions that year that impacted so many facets of my life...

I also would have hung out in Westminster more often. :bigsmile:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    After some thought, screw it.... I'd rather move forward.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    None. I am so happy with my life and those in it. If I "redid" any year that would all change. I would not give up my family for anything.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I would do over 1994-1996. The reasons are very personal though.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    1994. Definitely. I made a lot of bad decisions that year that impacted so many facets of my life...

I also would have hung out in Westminster more often. :bigsmile:

:heart:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could ask for a do-over... I love things the way they are so much right now, I wouldn't want to eff that up. If I could go back to any point in time, however, and tell myself one piece of advice, knowing that the advice would only affect the related portion of my life (and nothing else)... I'd go back to this very date one year ago (when a friend told me about MFP, and I was thinking about joining). I would go back and tell myself to stick with logging and exercise and stay on track. I would be a lot farther along in my fitness right now if I hadn't slacked so much last year.

Lady Homebrewer - 3yrs
    MFP Smarty-pants and sometimes food logger
    Also, boobs.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    1995. I wouldn't have wasted my time in the friend zone for so long with someone who was my best friend at the time. After all the trouble I went through to make her a mix tape... twice.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    1992! Damn that was a good year. I was young, I was carefree and dressing like a slob was the height of fashion (thank you grunge).
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't "do -over" any year of my life!! I have a pretty great life today and everythign I have been through and done led me to this point! I don't live with regrets!!
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    My senior year of high school when I let an overprotective relationship prevent me from going to the university of my choice, and from trying out for the extra curriculars that I enjoyed.

I was so naive and easily controlled, I really wish I could redo that!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I'd start running for fun & fitness earlier on..... imagine what my *kitten* would look like now?
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    To 2007 so I could start working out in the beginning college so I could continue the good habits throughout. I imagine I probably wouldn't have gotten nearly as big as I did by my senior year. Also to study harder and to stop trying to vy for the attention of men who ended up treating me like ****.
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    1996. I would go back and tell myself all the s&*t I'd have to deal with and stop myself from getting married.

Ah yes! I would go back and change this year, actually the year before, 1995. I love my children DEARLY but have had some very difficult times with their mother, my wife. That was the year she gave me a "whoops, I'm pregnant" present for my 20th B-day and my life was forever changed, in some very good ways and some not so good. And I know it takes two to make a baby and get married etc. so please don't judge but the topic of the question was "If YOU could have a do over..." ...
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Whichever year is my last.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    This year! It's pretty rubbish so far :indifferent: