If you could "do-over" any year.....

Options

Replies

• jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    1996. I would go back and tell myself all the s&*t I'd have to deal with and stop myself from getting married.
    My year 1998. But the same. I should have lived for me and no one else!
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    the year I turned 24, I would have done so many more things that would have benefited me, so I will just leave it at , "spent more time for 'me'"
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Don't misunderstand the reason for my post. It's all in fun and I am not talking regrets so much as just wishful thinking that you could have done something different that may have made your life better. I think we all have times in our lives that we think back and say "I sure wish I could do that again and do it this way instead" We are all where we are today because of the things we have been through in our lives. We can't change the past, but we CAN allow it to influence how we move forward with our futures! Keep up the great work all!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Like this topic OP.... I would definitely change 1974 - yep, that far back. Would not allow my family member to get into a terrible accident if I could prevent it. For myself, I'd rethink the 90's
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    1996. I would go back and tell myself all the s&*t I'd have to deal with and stop myself from getting married.

Ditto to that year and reason!!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    2011. I call it my 13 month "early retirement". Being laid off isn't good for your self-esteem if you are a single, independant woman.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't change a thing... Wouldn't be who I am now without the past
  • cineshome
    cineshome Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    summer, 1994 cheater boyfriend that profoundly influenced my self-esteem.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I would do over my 30th year (2010) so I could prevent my mom's injury. If I couldn't prevent it, I would say so much more to her and spend so much more quality time with her in her final months. :cry: Sorry to be a downer but I really miss her!!!
  • Irish_Lanie
    Irish_Lanie Posts: 100
    Options
    Age 12. It was a super hard year for me: best friend killed in car accident, both my parents and my brother all had surgery in the same month so I had to take care of them, "blossomed" physically so the boys only cared about my big boobs, we moved again so had to start all over at school again. Anyways, thats when I first started to gain weight and quit being active & doing the activities I loved.
  • Bigmomma0u812
    Bigmomma0u812 Posts: 118
    Options
    2008... my mother died that summer. It does no good to relive all the things I would have done differently but I've been doing that since 2008. I would have taken her to different doctors, acted faster, taken it more seriously. Held her hand as she was dying instead of standing there crying like a damn fool.
  • jazzrose007
    jazzrose007 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    1999, straight forward and point blank, I would not have married the man I did.
  • justaxletdown
    Options
    I would probably say either my freshman or sophomore year of college... I spent the years trying to be good friends with these people who, looking back on, I just did not belong with. I wanted to belong with them, but inside I truly didn't. I just liked the image of them and I held myself back and encouraged my depression trying to be something I'm not. Although, I can't say it didn't turn out alright in the end... It did lead me on the path where I would meet my love, so I really can't say I'd honestly go back and change it. I just wish I had learned what I learned this year earlier in life. But it's all good, because I know what I know now, and for that I am grateful. :)
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options

but, then, would u have that beautiful little boy?

I went through the *kitten* mill too with my ex, but I do have two wonderful girls because of it...
  • jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do over anything, because if I did, it wouldn't lead me to where I'm at now, and I wouldn't have my beautiful lady in my life :D There's no point in wondering what you'd do differently, since you can't go back in time and change it.

^^ This. I've been through hard times and done stupid things. However, those events made me who I am today and put me where I am. I'm not perfect, but I'm able to be happy no matter what. I wouldn't change that for anything in the world.
  • hokirayo
    hokirayo Posts: 36
    Options
    96'-99. the 2000-ies were a total bust.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options

would not do some of the stupid crap I did and once I hit 190s (from 245) I wouldn't have let myself start eating so much crap at every meal (ballooning up to 312 last year)

but that was also the year I met my hubby, so I wouldn't change that part :blushing:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    2001- i didn't deal with 9/11 well and what i did then affected my health for the next 9 years.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Oh lord that's tough.

2003, maybe. When I was 13. I'd do my research then and instead of just letting my mom think it was a teenage phase of hormones I'd get her to realize I have mental disorders that need looking after. I'd also call the police on my father while he still was well enough to have partial custody of me and therefore could molest and abuse me instead of just writing it off as him being an *kitten*. I would've cleaned up my act and done better in school so that maybe I could've gone to college on scholarship and been well enough by then to lead a more normal life.

It's my biggest regret, really. I wish I'd known then what I do now and did something about it instead of ending up with years of fights, missing and failing school, and killing my 4.2 GPA by graduation and making it a 2.8. But, as they say you gotta make due with what you've been handed and well that's all you can do, really.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I would do over last year or the year before. I would have tried harder to get an internship or an accounting job of some sort. I just graduated earlier this month and I feel really lame trying to get a job with zero experience.