If you could "do-over" any year.....

Options

Replies

• karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I would go back to 1995 and tell myself that it isn't IBS or anything else they misdiagnosed me as and let myself know that I am severely gluten intolerant. It would have been nice to feel well for all those years I missed plus undo the damage done to my colon.
  • kettle_belle83
    kettle_belle83 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    If I could do things over I'd rewind to 2005-2006. These were my last 2 years of college. It was super stressful trying to finish nursing school. I made a lot of unhealthy choices and I really packed on the pounds during that time. I wish I had cared more about my health and not went down that road. I can say though after losing nearly 50 lbs. that time was definitely a learning experience and I have vowed to never go back to that place!!!!!
  • StellarChick85
    StellarChick85 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1996. I would go back and tell myself all the s&*t I'd have to deal with and stop myself from getting married.

Ah yes! I would go back and change this year, actually the year before, 1995. I love my children DEARLY but have had some very difficult times with their mother, my wife. That was the year she gave me a "whoops, I'm pregnant" present for my 20th B-day and my life was forever changed, in some very good ways and some not so good. And I know it takes two to make a baby and get married etc. so please don't judge but the topic of the question was "If YOU could have a do over..." ...

The summer of 2005... Was very, very careless and dumb and wound up pregnant at 20 years old. Had to leave college, lost friends, and grew up WAY too soon. Now married to the dad and have two beautiful children. My son turns TWO tomorrow and my daughter that changed my life will be SIX on Thursday. Love them all dearly but what I wouldn't give to go back in time and tell my stupid self "Don't think it can't happen to you! Stop partying and get your @$$ back to class. Finish school and keep on until you have that Master's. I miraculously finished college on time but that dream of getting a Master's has been SO challenging with kids. Oh yeah- and don't eat whatever you want while pregnant! Lol
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    1985 :wink:

Not because I want to change anything, though. I just want to...

...ride my roller skates in the garage belting out Journey songs (while dressed as Jem.)

...play Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Kage, and Adventure Island on my NES.

...drink Chocolate Soldier while watching movies by John Hughes.

...devote my all my spare time to cartoons, video games, camping, and going to the beach.

...use words like---rad, dude, bogus, b!tchin', righteous, gnarly, tubular, totally, and SIKE!!---in every sentence.

...FIND MY LEGOS!!!
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    2005... I was 15 going on 16. I don't regret my oldest child but I do wish I had the will power to wait a while longer! I was a baby giving birth to a baby! Word of advice for those young people below 18 who want to have a child, WAIT! I was only starting my teenage years and I still have never been able to do all the things I would have wanted.

BUT to relive any year, would be the year I was promoted to Polynesian princess in 2007!
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    2005 - The year my brother died.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    2008... my mother died that summer. It does no good to relive all the things I would have done differently but I've been doing that since 2008. I would have taken her to different doctors, acted faster, taken it more seriously. Held her hand as she was dying instead of standing there crying like a damn fool.

I can totally relate to your post. :cry:
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    My junior year of high school. I let insecurities and my own head keep me from following through with a tryout I had been working up to for a good 4 years. The worst part is that my coach said she was going to give me the spot if I would just STAY, but my brain was too wigged out. It seems really silly to people who weren't involved in it, but it still bothers me. I think the fact that I didn't do something I really wanted because of fear is what bothers me, and not the actual making the position part.
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    2007- the year I got fat
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    3 deaths and a bad year with my ex gf

Spend more time with the people who passed and would of dumped the lazy ***** in 2005
  • awoodenmd
    awoodenmd Posts: 4
    Options
    2005. I "joined" the "funeral of the month club" that year. I lost twelve family members/friends in twelve months. Really sucked.
  • Royaltvii
    Royaltvii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    2001. For personal reasons.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I got to ask, why do something over... I am not under the assumption everything would change, or even the "butterfly effect". I am how ever, under the assumption everything happens for a reason. Whether it's God's own plan, fate, or the random luck. I would love to go back and redo some things. But in doing so, do we go back with the knowledge we have now, or the knowledge we had then... if the latter then what would have changed? If the first, then why not just go farther back in time, and stop the assassinations of countless people.... stop the first murder... the first lie... the first rape? Where would we stop?
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    I got to ask, why do something over... I am not under the assumption everything would change, or even the "butterfly effect". I am how ever, under the assumption everything happens for a reason. Whether it's God's own plan, fate, or the random luck. I would love to go back and redo some things. But in doing so, do we go back with the knowledge we have now, or the knowledge we had then... if the latter then what would have changed? If the first, then why not just go farther back in time, and stop the assassinations of countless people.... stop the first murder... the first lie... the first rape? Where would we stop?

*HUGS*

Its just a thread. Your opinion is appreciated as well, Im sure!
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options

*HUGS*

*hugs*

I know, I didn't mean to kill the thread. The question was what year would you do over... I guess I should have just put down none
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    1996, I made a few big mistakes that year.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    1975.. i had a twin sister that died at birth, always feel like 1/2 of me is missing.

or

1994..qutting college to be with a guy
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options

*HUGS*

*hugs*

I know, I didn't mean to kill the thread. The question was what year would you do over... I guess I should have just put down none

Good thinking out of the box though. It rarely happens. :bigsmile:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even need a whole year, just June 24, 2006. That was the day my 4 year old son drowned. Would give anything if I could go back and put the life jacket back on him.