Options

Replies

• megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

WOW! Awesome job on everyone's workouts!! :drinker:

Ghanie, congrats on the weight loss...that's amazing! :flowerforyou:

Well today I officially finished Chalean Extreme! :bigsmile: I think I'm going to start over with Burn on Saturday. I'm really looking forward to comparing my strength now with 3 months ago!

Have a great afternoon everyone!
    Megan
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good afternoon all!
    What a crazy day:noway: I was with my little sister all night last night preparing her for interviews today..she's just a young pup..out of college! My back is VERY out of place so majorly in pain...but have a chiro appt tomorrow (I am gonna stop being so stubborn!:laugh: )
    I didn't sleep well last night but got up and did my run..so glad I did as it felt good..even in light rain part of the time:ohwell: Better than treadmill! I am doing CE Push 3 tonight!

Megan: You go girl! I think I might do the maintenance for a month when I'm done and do the same thing...I know I can do more now...isn't it a great feeling!:glasses: That is cute on the girls doing turbo jam...my 4 year old niece does it..hilarious:laugh: ..but good they are taking after you!
    Now..darlin you can let out your frustrations anytime you want! As far as your family/stepkids..not sure what the relationship is like..but I've dealt with this type of thing several times: through my nieces and nephews (their parents did not make them eat well and then they'd come to my house..and now watching them as they do eat healthy in the house), through a girlfriend that basically has the same situation as you, and several other friends with kids. If you want me to give you some tips..let me know...you can DO IT! (insert emoticon with muscles:)

Ghanie: You go girl..congrats!:flowerforyou: And with a weird schedule too..now that's a great accomplishment right there!

Erica: You know..I love how you analyze each day, figure your mistakes, and come up with an action plan. You are learning..and doing great!!!:wink: And thanks for the words of encouragement..that's so nice of you! My little sister did great today I think!!! Oh and on HRM..Polar is by far the best brand...I've never heard a bad comment..and realize..the more you pay..the more you get..accuracy wise. It's really up to you what you want in the end..

Erika: I had that same experience with Burn Intervals yesterday! And it seemed like it was getting easier even though I felt like I was pushing myself..we must just be getting BAD *kitten*!:tongue: You go girl...

Spiralgirl: Good for you staying active on day off..I tend to do that too! But good you let your body rest...it's very needed...look at how it's becoming a lifestyle for you!!!:bigsmile: How is the HRM? They are great to wear all day like body buggs..I've learned so much doing that!

Lilangel: Oh how I love those days! Good for you..get out and enjoy! I've been stuck inside all day..ready to get out! Enjoy!

Have a good night..sorry it took me so long today!
    Casey
  • lilangel7671
    lilangel7671 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Okay! So I kicked butt today! Over 400 cal burned WOOO!!:love: I hope everyone had a wonderful afternoon as well:happy:
    Ghanie- Great job girl! Keeping up with scheduling weirdness's is one of the hardest parts!
    Megan- Way to go finishing CE! I can't wait to get it and START:glasses:
    Spiralgirl- It's awesome you squeezed a walk into your day! And keep it up, you'll get there!
    Casey- You continue to inspire me, Thanks girl!

Have an awesome night everyone, C-ya tomorrow!
  • ecrb77
    ecrb77 Posts: 78
    Options
    Hi Everyone-
    Sounds like we all had a great day yesterday:smile:

Yesterday I did CardioParty and went for a stroll with my husband for an hour. Stayed under sodium for the first time:) I pulled something in my right shoulder/neck so I think today maybe a rest day as well. Didn't sleep well because I kept rolling the wrong way. I'm going to do some do some leg work (thigh master- my homage to Suzanne Summers) when I come home and take it easy today. Hopefully I don't have any enormous patients today!

Have a great one!
    ~Erica
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone--TGIF!!!! I got up at 4:30am to do Lean #3. Wow, those pushups are killer! I also did Shaun T's Rockin Body...man was that a calorie burner. Most calories burned so far! I'm going through all my DVD's with my HRM and recording the calorie burn to see what is the best workout is to challenge me. I'm finding many are getting too easy (I guess that's a good problem to have!).

Have a great day everyone, and keep up the great workouts!!
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good morning all!
    I agree..TGIF!!!!:wink:
    I did CE Push 3 last night...def going to have to work on form for the one legged sumo squats! I am also thinking my bowflex weights are gonna have to go on the stand from now on...picking up those heavy weights I worry on form and my back (which is STILL killing me..chiro tonight:bigsmile: ).
    This am I did CE Burn It Off (those lunge jump shots are getting easier!!!) and then some treadmill intervals..got that baby up to 11.2 speed!! I am gonna do some core over lunch and then CE Recharge tonight:smile:
    I am ready for weekend..my body has felt screwed up this week with my back, a few nutrition changes, and the week before TOM (lovely being a woman:wink: )

Lilangel: Way to keep it up girl! I am so excited for you to get CE..let me know when you do! I was like a kid in a candy store when I got mine!

Erica: Injuries/aches/pains suck! Good for you being positive and trucking through it. Good job on the sodium..even eating healthy it's hard! Processed foods=sucky...fresh foods=pricey:grumble:

Erika: You go girl! I watch calories too...my runs by far kick any of them's butt..but my workout this am was VERY close! Maybe that can be my challenge..push myself in a DVD to get to running level..but that might be pretty hard! Way to rock it out this am:drinker:

Have a great weekend all...me (and my body) are ready to relax
    Casey
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Good morning everyone! It has been raining so far-so much for an after-work bikeride at noon:frown: Oh well-I should probably take it easy on my knee-it has been bothering me a bit more lately:grumble: . Casey-do you think I am going to have trouble doing CE with a kind-of bad knee? Any suggestions to make it easier at first? I worry because sometimes biking long rides it tends to catch in the joint-should I be taking like a joint supplement for that? Also, any suggestions for a diet plan change? Do you use a 50-20-30 plan? Is that a better plan to build lean muscle?
    Anyway, the plan is to do a TurboJam FB or CardioPartyRemix after work, got a dentist appointment in mid-afternoon which breaks my routine:grumble: but oh well:tongue: Then I am going to spend some time with mom at the mall I think-walking is always a good extra:smile:
    Erica and Erika- Great job with the workouts, PUMP IT UP!:laugh:
    Hope everyone has great AM- I will be back later to check up!
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Lilangel: She has girls in the video that do low impact so if your knee is bothering you you can follow them. Also when doing lunges or squats..don't go down as low if it hurts your knee..and widen your stance.
    As far as biking..you might go into a bike shop to make sure you are set up properly..that's probably what's causing tha pain (or at least the first place to check!).
    As far as diet plan..they have info in there. I've been working on mine to get more protein. Right now I am 50 carbs, 30 protein, and 20 fats..but trying to get proteins up there as much as possible (and keep sodium low, fiber high..etc!). Baby steps...
    Have a fun day..other than the dentist of course:wink:
    Casey
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Do you use a 50-20-30 plan? Is that a better plan to build lean muscle?

You know, I've tried all sorts of combinations and they all seem to be the same. I even did 30/50/20 for a month during P90X and did NOT build an incredible amount of muscle. So find out what's a comfortable amount of protein for you.

Right now I'm doing 40/30/30 and the current plan is to rearrange those numbers every once in a while.

Anyway, I just found out that I get to have Monday and Wednesday evenings off so hubby is happy about that :blushing:.
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    It really depends on your needs..obviously cardio needs carbs...strength needs protein to build muscles. And you have to give it time...it'll take a few months perhaps to fully see results..those bad *kitten* muscles take some time!
  • megan0313
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Checking in with Lean intervals and Abs today.

Do any of you use soy protein powders? The reason I'm asking is because the whey protein make me really sick to my stomach...to the point that some days I can barely workout, I'm so sick. Which is a bummer because I really need them to keep my protein up. I'm not a big fan of soy, but I might have to give it a try. I'd appreciate any ideas or suggestions.

:flowerforyou:
  • ecrb77
    Options

Do any of you use soy protein powders? The reason I'm asking is because the whey protein make me really sick to my stomach...to the point that some days I can barely workout, I'm so sick. Which is a bummer because I really need them to keep my protein up. I'm not a big fan of soy, but I might have to give it a try. I'd appreciate any ideas or suggestions.

Hey Megan-
    Be careful not to have too much soy protein. Soy contains A LOT of estrogen--> which studies have shown can cause breast cancer. Sloan Kettering recommends no more than 1 cup a day of soy milk for the average adult woman.

Hope this helps!
    ~Erica
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Hey all! I'm just checking in for the night:smile: Hope everyone's day went well!
    The reason I asked about the meal plan is because it seems I am always going over in proteins-like tomorrow if you want to take a look at my diary-I'm at like 105g protein! Granted, I am preparing Halibut for dinner which I am sooo looking forward to-which right there is 35g protein. But I really need it in the morning with my shake too. I am almost always right on with fats and carbs (maybe a little over), and I have been trying to keep my calorie intake above 1500. Does my meal plan seem ok? Or should I be doing something differently..:ohwell:
  • megan0313
    Options

Hey Megan-
    Be careful not to have too much soy protein. Soy contains A LOT of estrogen--> which studies have shown can cause breast cancer. Sloan Kettering recommends no more than 1 cup a day of soy milk for the average adult woman.

Hope this helps!
    ~Erica
    Yeah, I've heard about that Erica...which is one reason I avoid it (well, that and the taste :sick: ). I think I'll try to come up with other ways to get protein.
    Thanks for your input!
  • ecrb77
    Options
    Hi All-
    Happy Saturday! My shoulder/neck is giving me a lot of problems. I wasn't able to work out at all yesterday because of that and the added stress from using it at work.:grumble: Today I am going to try to do some thigh master work this morning before I go to work. I went a bit over on calories yesterday- by 200:mad: - but I'm still below my BMR so that's good. I'll be better today.

Megan- I usually have about 1 cup of soy milk a day- and I'm positive for the BRDC gene (the one that codes for breast cancer.) Just don't over do it.

Have a great one!
    ~Erica
  • megan0313
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Back to Burn 1 for me...it felt really good. I went up at least 5 lbs in everything, and some exercises, like the sumo squats, I went up 10 lbs! Plus, the first time around I had to do all the push ups on my knees...now I can do the the regular way! I'm also going for a run later...we're finally having some decent weather.

Erica, thanks for the info on the soy. Maybe I will give it a try in moderation. I've seen those soy protein bars...maybe I'll try one of those a day and see how I feel. I'm sorry your neck is bothering you. Is it from working out or is it a condition you've had before?

Have a great Saturday!
    Megan
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hey all! I'm just checking in for the night:smile: Hope everyone's day went well!
    The reason I asked about the meal plan is because it seems I am always going over in proteins-like tomorrow if you want to take a look at my diary-I'm at like 105g protein! Granted, I am preparing Halibut for dinner which I am sooo looking forward to-which right there is 35g protein. But I really need it in the morning with my shake too. I am almost always right on with fats and carbs (maybe a little over), and I have been trying to keep my calorie intake above 1500. Does my meal plan seem ok? Or should I be doing something differently..:ohwell:

Hi Lilangel!
    I looked at your diary from yesterday, and your protein comes in at about 28%. I'm not a nutritionist, but considering that you workout regularly, I don't think it's anything to worry about. Alot of athletes go up to 30% on protein. I've seen alot of literature on the pros and cons of that (most of the cons are that it's not necessary or that too much is hard on the kidneys). But I think if you feel good at that level then go with it. I try to get about that much in my diet because it seems to keep me feeling full longer, and I just feel better overall. You can try Googling protein in the diet to get more info on that.
    Megan
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Thanks for the info Megan! I am still new at this, so any tips/suggestions from you guys are great! I know I went over by alot with proteins today (because of my fish dinner) but I am planning on doing my workouts after work today:happy: Later!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm starting to get a bit nervous with all the weight I'm losing. I swear I overate yesterday even though I didn't log; I had some fried chicken during the morning shift and a good sushi dinner. Yet another pound is gone and my waist says I'm still 29% body fat.

Ah well, I'm going to go ahead and bump my calories up by 100 and see how that goes over the next few days.
    Thanks for the info Megan! I am still new at this, so any tips/suggestions from you guys are great! I know I went over by alot with proteins today (because of my fish dinner) but I am planning on doing my workouts after work today:happy: Later!

It really is fine moving the proteins and carbs around every once in a while and some people recommend it. If you start to get sluggish or bonk during workouts, that's when it's time to cut the proteins. But otherwise, if you're feeling good, then go with it.
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Good evening everyone! It was my Saturday to work--:grumble: So my exercise schedule got all messed up:ohwell: Anyway, got home around 4 and did a TurboJam Cardio Party Mix 1-I've completed this multiple times before, but I guess I should do this one more often! It's a toughie-45 minutes-but I burned 317 calories! I just had my "second afternoon snack" which I boosted with a protein filled whole egg and swiss cheese slice:happy: Delicious! I am super excited about my halibut dinner as well!:laugh: I think I might even sneak a bikeride in a few minutes because it is such a wonderful evening.
    Thanks to all of you who shared tips about the protein thing-they do keep me fuller longer and I feel satisfied with the foods I am eating. Now that I've exercised I'm only over about 40g and have extra of everything else:wink: Still not eating my exercise calories yet though--when do you think I should bump my calorie intake up again? Or not?
    I'm sure I will be checking back later--I am ALWAYS on this site!:laugh: :tongue:
    I am so proud of everyone and the accomplishments we've made! Let's keep it up girls!!!