Beyonce - Baby Weight...thoughts???

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
article from aol.com today...such a load of crap....this is healthy and i highly suggest to everyone who is a new mom (breastfeeding too i think) to try it....there is a TON of sarcasm in my last comment in case you missed it....

Beyonce 60-Pound Weight Loss

Queen B is back! The diva made her highly anticipated comeback on the live stage this past weekend at Revel Beach's Ovation Hall in Atlantic City, NJ, but it wasn't just her booming voice and on-point dance moves that everyone was talking about. The new mom showed off her show-stopping new figure after majorly slimming down since giving birth to her first child, Blue Ivy, back in January. Bey was so proud of her post-pregnancy bod, that she gushed about the weight-loss journey to the audience!

"Y'all have no idea how hard I worked!" Bey told concertgoers during Saturday night's show (May 26). "I had to lose 60 pounds. They had me on that treadmill. I ate lettuce!" Dropping 60 pounds in less than five months must have called for drastic measures, and Bey had some extra motivation from her revealing, two-piece stage costumes made by Ralph & Russo.

"Now tonight I'm gonna get chocolate wasted!" Beyonce went on to tell the crowd, planning her post-diet binge.

Replies

• Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Good for her. I'm sure she worked extremely hard.
  • bluiz13
    Options

did you even read the article??? she said she ate lettuce and dropped 60lbs in 5 months...it's complete BS...and not a healthy way to lose weight, especially baby weight...
  • eva_lawlor
    eva_lawlor Posts: 81
    Options
    i think shes rich and has money to pay for a personal trainer, chef, and a home gym ( not to mention a nanny )
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Options

did you even read the article??? she ate lettuce and dropped 60lbs in 5 months...it's complete BS...and not a healthy way to lose weight, especially baby weight...

Why are you so angry about it? I would assume she had professional help, since she can afford it. Baby weight is much easier to lose than weight put on over time.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Link to the article?

I'm gonna go out on a limb that she ate more than lettuce......
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    i read that article this morning and immediately thought....she cant get 1200 calories from lettuce, lol i've been on MFP too long
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    beyonce-- ech--- i'm still pissed she rented out an entire wing of a hospital to give birth and her body guards prevented other parents from seeing their newborns.
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I would say she ate a little bit more than lettuce, regardless of what the article says. I also don't believe she put on 60lbs in weight, in fact I'd bet against it.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Having a live in trainer must be an awesome thing to be able to afford! Good for her!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Why so angry??
  • juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna say she didn't have the baby, a surrogate did, and the whole thing is a cover-up, lol
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure Beyonce's got a nutritionist, chef, personal trainer and a nanny. With all four, everyone could lose weight that quickly. But she definitely worked her *kitten* off, so you should give credit where credit is due.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    beyonce-- ech--- i'm still pissed she rented out an entire wing of a hospital to give birth and her body guards prevented other parents from seeing their newborns.

You serious, Clark?
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Obviously she wasn't ONLY eating lettuce. Good for her for dropping the weight. She looks great. I'm always happy to her about mamas getting their bodies back. We can still be hot after having babies. :)
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Options
    Obviously she wasn't ONLY eating lettuce. Good for her for dropping the weight. She looks great. I'm always happy to her about mamas getting their bodies back. We can still be hot after having babies. :)

hell yes, we can! :drinker:
  • bluiz13
    Options
    not sure about angry but it bugs me when people "brag" about losing mass amounts of weight after having children and often times the "uninformed" possibly try to follow suit and do the same thing....losing 60lbs even if it is baby weight in 5lbs is not healthy for a regular person....that is all...the article which i just posted the link to (i had previously just copied and pasted it from aol) rubbed me the wrong way....that is all...my opinion...you are all entitled to yours...
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    The fact is that its her job to be in shape. She probably had a team of trainers, nutritionalists, a staff devoted to getting her into concert shape.

On another note.. was Beyonce not the person that made the "master cleanse" so popular?
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    The fact is that its her job to be in shape. She probably had a team of trainers, nutritionalists, a staff devoted to getting her into concert shape.

On another note.. was Beyonce not the person that made the "master cleanse" so popular?

Yes, she was. I went on it for like 2 hours and died. I needed real food lol.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

hell yes, we can! :drinker:

My "baby" will be 3 in October.. I don't have mine back yet.. but I'm working on it!!