Challengers (everyone welcome!)

Options

Replies

• wjg1204
    wjg1204 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am new to all this but would love to give it a try. Count me in!!
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I wanna join...Its hard for me to drink all my water:>( I hate running to the BANO so much...Are we drinking 8 eight ounces a day or is the challenge half our body weight??
    :>D

Yes, 8 eight ounces a day (or 8 cups) .:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Good luck!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Well, I made it to my 8 yesterday... Already had 2 today, so today looks to be right on track. I don't know what was so hard about drinking it yesterday. I only ate two meals too (brunch and dinner) so maybe that had something to do with it?
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    already gotten 2.5 in today, so I have set the right pace for the rest of the day! can't wait to hear from everybody this morning!

GOOD LUCK! We can do this! :wink:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    ummm im off to a terrible start today...i havent eaten or drank anything..i've just been so unmotivated today.....i fed my son and changed him and thats all i've done:grumble:
  • ssvoboda2
    ssvoboda2 Posts: 14
    Options
    I am a little behind today on my water drinking....I have only had 2. I also hate having to run to the restroom all the time at work, but poeple (and I) will just have to get used to it. :)
    Yesterday was so easy, today so difficult....
  • sjmay
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm finding I am a little behind on my water today as well :grumble: But, I will just have to catch up!
    I only had to get up once through the night last night :wink: Guess it does make a difference if I don't drink quite SO much water before bedtime :laugh:

Have a great day everyone!
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Just wondering how everyone is doing??? :smile:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I did get in my 8 plus glasses yesterday. A girlfriend actually brought me over some flavored water that has not calories only a little carbination. It is almost like drinking soda. I found a new love in water. The good thing too is that they are Liter bottles, so 4 servings per bottle.
    I am a little slower today on my water, but I will get there by the end of the day.
    I am also one of those that forgets to quit drinking water too late in the evening. I have to get up at least twice a nite. So, now there are at least 3 of us that don't sleep through the nite. :bigsmile:

P.S. I am glad you like the name suggestion. Thanx everybody. :tongue:

Okay, I am now at 8 glasses for the day. Now I know I will have at least 6 more before bedtime. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Count me in I love challenges.. water for me is easy that's all I drink so 8 glasses a day it is. For those of you who like the Crystal light- its made with aspertame which has been known to cause cancer in lab test. I switched to 4-c flavors on the go because they are made with splenda.

4-c flavors? Is that the name of it? Do you think you can find it at any grocery store? I also really love the Welch's on the go. I am a huge grape fan, and that is basically all the flavors with a little variation. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I wanna join...Its hard for me to drink all my water:>( I hate running to the BANO so much...Are we drinking 8 eight ounces a day or is the challenge half our body weight??
    :>D

We are drinking 8 eight ounces a day. You can always drink more if you like. :drinker:
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I know it's almost half way through the week but I would love to join your group. I am pretty good at drinking water every day, I have my glass sitting next to me all day at work and drink a huge one (32oz)when I work out. What I have noticed is that as time progresses the trips to the bathroom declines!!! I rarely get up in the middle of the night anymore!! I look forward to the challenge next week!!!!

Randi
  • sjmay
    Options
    Hello,

I know it's almost half way through the week but I would love to join your group. I am pretty good at drinking water every day, I have my glass sitting next to me all day at work and drink a huge one (32oz)when I work out. What I have noticed is that as time progresses the trips to the bathroom declines!!! I rarely get up in the middle of the night anymore!! I look forward to the challenge next week!!!!

Randi

Welcome to our group! I'm glad you could join us! :happy:

• crystalscott0906
    Options
    i'd like to join in too....i need the support right now and this sounds like a great way to get it :) so its water this week and then a new challenge on monday?
  • sjmay
    Options
    i'd like to join in too....i need the support right now and this sounds like a great way to get it :) so its water this week and then a new challenge on monday?

Welcome!

Yes, the challenge this week is to drink all your water. New challenges start on Mondays. We are going to try and do one week food challenge with the next week. an exercise challenge. And rotate. :smile:

• crystalscott0906
    Options
    sounds great...how do i find the post again? i always try to look back for stuff and cant seem to find it :)
  • alereyes228
    Options
    i'm in! i'm always up for a little challenge that'll motivate me!
  • soupandsandwich
    soupandsandwich Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I would like to be a late joiner as well. I tend to ignore the water, and when I don't workout, some days I don't drink any. I drink things like diet soda, or crystal light, or juice, but not much good old water.
    So this would be a great place for me to start.

And I love the idea of a new challenge every week. This is a great way to start to develop new habits. Hopefully, whatever the challenge is for next week, we will all still continue to drink our water.
  • kaja
    kaja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I really don't get the ounces measurements :frown:
    8 glasses/ cups is 2 litres right?
    2 litres = 68 US fluid oz
    2 litres = 71 UK fluid oz

I'm gonna stick with drinking 2 litres of water. It just makes more sense. lol
  • sjmay
    Options
    Good Morning and Welcome to our new challengers!

I am so happy with myself! I have been staying on top of my water all week, and everyday have been over my limit :bigsmile: I hope you all are doing well with the challenge! :smile:

crystalscott0906 - The easiest way to find this post again would be to click the "my topics" link underneath the "community" tab. On Monday we will be starting a new thread, however I will post the link for it in this one so that it is easy to find.

newattitude2009 - Yes, I think it will be great to have a new challenge each week. :smile: Hopefully we will all continue to remind each other to keep drinking all our water, even after this challenge as it is so important :drinker:

kaja - 8 cups of water (or 8 eight oz glasses) is 2 litres of water. This is also how I measure my water as I know more about ml and l.

Hope everyone has a great day!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Good morning all and welcome new challengers! Hope everybody gets all their water in today! It has gotten easier and easier for me over the week!