The word "curvy" as a synonym for overweight

Options
13»

Replies

• jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with what others think, it has to do with "curvy" jeans (which, in a small size would fit quite nicely) not being made for anyone smaller than a 10, and me being unable to use the one word that actually describes my build.

Go to Target. They have this new fit system. I think it's Fit 4 that is made for women with big hips and small waists. I have a 28" waist and 40" hips.

Also, Kohl's Sonoma "classic" fit for big hips.

Now I'm just sad because Target says they are "coming" to Canada, but they are not here yet.

*taps fingers impatiently*
  • GiaFox
    GiaFox Posts: 48
    Options
    You have the right to state your opinion. And quite frankly, I feel the same as you. Thin women have curves for sure. It depends on your skeletal shape.

I think people who automatically deem thin folks as uncurvy, although denying the obvious, are biased and jealous.

I know plenty thin women who have great curves, NATURALLY.

And I saw on the other threads how heavy peeps say ignorant stuff about thin people. I think they should shut the fk up on this one, or else, they risk being hypocritical by flaming at you.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Ya, I hate it too. More like a euphemism.

I had a favorite brand of bra for years (you know how hard it is to find a good bra)!

Well the brand went "curvy", so now you can't get them smaller than 40DD. Really?

Since when is 36D not "curvy"??
  • GiaFox
    GiaFox Posts: 48
    Options
    Ya, I hate it too. More like a euphemism.

I had a favorite brand of bra for years (you know how hard it is to find a good bra)!

Well the brand went "curvy", so now you can't get them smaller than 40DD. Really?

Since when is 36D not "curvy"??

LOL If 36D is not curvy, then what shall I say about my 32As? And I thought I'm a curvy woman....lol overall
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I haven't owned a pair of jeans since before I hit puberty because I literally cannot find them to buy... I've shopped everywhere from thrift stores, TJMaxx and Marshalls to Nordstroms, Saks 5th Avenue and Macy's in New York and I have not found a pair that fit. I own one pair, currently, that fits my butt, but I have to wear long shirts with it because of the massive waistband gap. I have the same issue with dresses and tops- very few things are made to fit my body type. I had to have my prom dress my senior year of high school specially made.

For the record, my measurements are 36-19-34 and I wear a 30E bra. I own very few items of clothing outside of my uniforms simply because they are literally impossible to find.

Buy a size that fits your hips and go take it to a tailor to have them taken in at the waist. It's not hard for a tailor to do this, and it's not expensive either.

My tailor refuses to do jeans waists... I have some khakis and of course, my uniforms, but I usually end up belting the 5 pairs of pants I own.

Find another tailor then, because this is not a majorly difficult thing for them to do. Mine does it all the time with my jeans. My measurements are 42-31-43.

This.
    It's a fairly simple job, we do it at work all the time.