Giant Pistachio Milkshake 80cals & the secret to creaminess

Options
Hrl1993
Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
Ingreds:

1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (45 cals)
1 tbsp SF FF Jello Pistachio Instant Pudding mix (16 cals)
1/3 tsp vanilla extract (4 cals)
1 cup ice
1 packet Truvia

and the secret ingredient to make it creamy and not icy...

2 tbsp plain FF Greek yogurt!

Throw into a blender and whiz away. SO delicious! Makes one big shake :)

ETA: This is actually vaguely reminiscent to a shamrock shake...I'm sure if you put a drop of peppermint extract/oil or some fresh mint in there it would taste JUST like one.

Replies

• JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I will certainly be trying this. I bet other jello pudding flavors would be great too. Thank you!!! :smile:
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    thank you!!!

would it work with SF FF Choco Instant pudiding mix?
  • MzMandi1025
    MzMandi1025 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy! I'm definately gonna have to try it!
  • Hrl1993
    Options
    thank you!!!

would it work with SF FF Choco Instant pudiding mix?

For sure! I think you could make any flavor you wanted...chocolate, vanilla, banana, butterscotch...mmmmm.
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Bump, I'll probably use different sf jello flavors though!
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    i printed this recipe out and am definitely gonna try it in the morning!
  • Hrl1993
    Options
    Oh shoot I forgot, add a packet of Truvia, too!!
  • redtalent
    redtalent Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Bump! Can't wait to try this!
  • seventeendayer
    seventeendayer Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Audrey403
    Audrey403 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    bump
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    This sounds pretty good (except I can't stand the taste of artificial sweeteners so those fat free puddings don't work for me, my cal count would be higher).

But, I'm curious to know what kind of coconut millk only has 45 cals per cup? The kind I buy to cook with has nearly 10 times that amount (388 cals/cup). Do you mean coconut water (the liquid in the middle of the coconut?) rather than the milk?
    I'm curious because I love coconut but am careful with portions due to the high cals.
  • Hrl1993
    Options
    This sounds pretty good (except I can't stand the taste of artificial sweeteners so those fat free puddings don't work for me, my cal count would be higher).

But, I'm curious to know what kind of coconut millk only has 45 cals per cup? The kind I buy to cook with has nearly 10 times that amount (388 cals/cup). Do you mean coconut water (the liquid in the middle of the coconut?) rather than the milk?
    I'm curious because I love coconut but am careful with portions due to the high cals.

Oh no not the coconut milk in the cans! haha that would definitely set you back quite a few calories. The brand So Delicious makes coconut milk "beverage" that is more of a regular milk sub than traditional coconut milk. The unsweetened variety has 45 cals per cup :)

http://www.turtlemountain.com/products/coconut-milk-beverages/unsweetened
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options

coco-milk-unsweetened.png

Note that it's called a coconut milk beverage. Silk also makes a similar one. But definitely not coconut water.
  • yummymommy78
    Options
    Yum!!! I've never even heard of Pistachio pudding mix ... I wonder if we have it here in Canada. I'm definitely gonna have to go on a search for it now! Thanks for sharing this recipe!!!
  • CrimsonCountess25
    Options
    Do you think this could be made with almond milk instead?
  • Hrl1993
    Options
    Do you think this could be made with almond milk instead?

I don't see why not. I chose coconut milk b/c I wanted fewer calories than regular skim, but am allergic to both almond and soy milk :(
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Bump WOW thanks never thought about SF pudding in my shakes.
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bump, I'll probably use different sf jello flavors though!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

coco-milk-unsweetened.png

Note that it's called a coconut milk beverage. Silk also makes a similar one. But definitely not coconut water.

Thanks for this, I'll have to keep my eyes open and see if I can spot anything similar in Australia. Now I know the kind of thing I'm looking for, it will be easier.
    Of course, I could just use a small amount of the coconut milk I have and add water - which would be pretty much the same thing.