Does anyone get 10,000 steps a day ????

Options
1235»

Replies

• Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    My goal is 12K per day. I usually get about 15k. I have an active job, which helps. Often I still have to go for at least a 45-60 min walk. On lazy weekends like today, I barely make 5K, but that's OK, I need at least one full rest day a week.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I am shorter, too, so according to my Fitbit it takes me about 12,300 steps to make 10,000 steps. I am usually able to do that unless I am having too much retired fun!

Just realized what I wrote there doesn't make any sense...I meant it takes 12,300 steps to make 5 miles!
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I get over 20.000 steps every day due to my job. Wearing a fitbit, so easy logging. Keep it up!
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    Cant remember how many steps, but I get 6 miles a day in at work daily.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I do almost every day. I take the dog on a 2 mile walk in the mornings and evenings, and my gym activity, or running around doing errands and such makes up the rest. I actually get more like 13-14k a day. It really isn't that tough.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I can easily get 10-15,000 in a day just from work. I didn't the past few days due to my day off and having shorter shifts scheduled, but I can always make up for that with a trip to the gym or around the block.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Pacer Pedometer app to encourage myself to take more steps during they day. It actually syncs with MFP and its free. Most days I reach around 5000 steps. Its not great, but its better than I was doing. I have a semi-desk job, so I sit a lot while at work.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I get over 10,000 steps every day. My daily walk with my dog is 9700 to 9800 steps. So all steps for just "living" is on top of that. Yesterday I left my pedometer on just for the heck of it as I was doing outside work, moving things, just busy work. I netted 18,749 steps for the day. Not too shabby !!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Between doing 1 or 2 miles with a walking dvd in the mornings and 3 - 5 brisk walking miles in the evenings (or another walking dvd if it's rainy) since April I've been getting 10,000+ exercise steps in 5 - 7 days per week.

Earlier this week I got in 17,810 exercise steps in one day (8.42 miles)! That's very rare for me on a weekday.

I do take an active rest day when my body tells me to such as the day after a heavy lifting session. Other days I need to mix things up a bit with a different workout or I only get 2 or 3 miles in, but I do get my brisk walks in just about everyday and I love it!

I'm debating about getting a treadmill so I can continue in the winter. I'm not a fan of cardio equipment unless I'm staying in a hotel, so I need to make sure I will use it for more than one week!

My life is very sedentary so I only include intentional walking workouts as my steps, not gardening, running errands, grocery shopping etc.. I do however take the steps instead of an escalator/elevator or park further whenever I can.

Forgot to add that I use Accupedo Pedometer Pro to record my steps.