Too muscley.. how to lose it!?

Options

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    TOO muscular? Can you share a pic or two, I'd love to see because I don't get that from your profile pic. Are you sure it's not just that you're very lean and the muscle shows through?

I am very lean and the muscle shows through - this is exaactly it........

Gain some bodyfat then.
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You say you love to exercise........that is awesome, but the activities that you love will increase muscle mass in some areas. honestly before I let myself get so darn out of shape, I HATED my legs, I thought they were too big and too muscle-y too. The thing is, the legs I admired belonged to dancers and long distance runners....but I didnt like that....I liked sports, swim team, I rode horses (barrel racing), I skied, I hiked and climbed.....and I had the legs to prove it. I hated running....the reality is, when you participate in the things you love, you will gain muscles to support that activity, period. I think perhaps you should look at your muscle definition in a new light, that new light that tells you the muscles you have are beautiful because they allow you to enjoy the activities that you love. If you can give up some of the activities you love, your muscles will become less defined..........but the question is, will you be happy with that?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    TOO muscular? Can you share a pic or two, I'd love to see because I don't get that from your profile pic. Are you sure it's not just that you're very lean and the muscle shows through?

Then, yes, a little more body fat will make all the difference.

For example, Jamie Eason probably more visibly muscular than most women want, and very low body fat:

unknown10.jpg

Same person, probably about the same amount of muscle, higher body fat:

JamieEason1.jpg
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day, you have to accept the body you have. Super models are paid the big $$$ because they have exceptional genetics.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options

For example, Jamie Eason probably more visibly muscular than most women want, and very low body fat:

thank you to the posters that actually contributed something useful, its amazing how people will really turn nasty to those simply asking for some advice - really negates the whole point of this site doesn't it...

in the picture above, i prefer the second look without a doubt. I do not like being muscly - its a personal preferencethats all.

unknown10.jpg

JamieEason1.jpg
  • ALH1981
    Options
    At the end of the day, you have to accept the body you have. Super models are paid the big $$$ because they have exceptional genetics.

not saying i don't accept or love my body - it can do amazing things (did a 10 mile race on the weakend!) but aren't we all here to consinutously improve ourselves?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

not saying i don't accept or love my body - it can do amazing things (did a 10 mile race on the weakend!) but aren't we all here to consinutously improve ourselves?

Sure absolutely.... I am doing this also and I intend to be me best that I can be.... and being the best I can be might mean having to accept my big calves.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

How are you improving yourself by losing muscle? If you want to run a 10 mile you need to have muscly legs. One can't exist without the other.
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Based on your profile pic (where you look model-thin) and your previous statements, I would say you just need to gain in body fat %. That being said, you will still be 'muscly", it will just be under a smoothing layer of fat. If you can live with that, great. You'll still be able to do all the activities you are currently enjoying. If you can't live with having that much muscle, even under a smoothing layer of fat, you will have to atrophy your muscles by giving up some of what you love, and also live with the fact that - for a while at least - your muscles will feel rather jiggly and saggy.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Don't slam your PWO shake until at least 31 minutes after you work out. Your muscles will fall clean off.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Swanson! Be nice.
    PS_0362W_PAT_BACK.jpg
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

unknown10.jpg

JamieEason1.jpg

Nah, she's just airbrushed in the 2nd photo, that's a professional shot. Can you imagine having muscle definition airbrushed out? LOL
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Stay in bed for a month. Pretend it's for peace or something.

hahaha, love it
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Regarding the pic (Audrey) at link - did she just lose fat on her legs (and everywhere else) or built up some muscle in her legs as well:
    http://www.burnthefatinnercircle.com/public/Burn-the-Fat-2012-Summer-Challenge.cfm?affID=scottc
  • ALH1981
    Options
    thanks again for the helpful comments. to those who just prefer to critise or mock when i was simply asking for legitimate advice irish you well on your journey, and when it comes to the time when you ask for advice, i hope you get something more useful than what you responded to me...
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    thanks again for the helpful comments. to those who just prefer to critise or mock when i was simply asking for legitimate advice irish you well on your journey, and when it comes to the time when you ask for advice, i hope you get something more useful than what you responded to me...

Its kind of taboo to bring up the muscle thing on MFP. You unfortunately get slammed like you did.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    'this is what women think will happen'? Generalise much?

I misspoke, not all women. I meant the "I don't want to touch weights cause I'll blow up like Hulk Hogan" types. No seriously I saw one woman here specifically say she didn't want to look like Hulk Hogan. I didn't mean to generalize but I was just basing that comment on this discussion "Too muscley... how to lose it?"
    Noone WANTS to look like hulk hogan...that mustache and hair is very overdone!:wink:
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Give it to me??
  • nheilweil
    nheilweil Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    From what I've seen on Biggest Loser, the way to lose that muscular definition is to eat a bacon cheeseburger smeared with both mayo and peanut butter and wash that epic combo down with a big chocolate bar. Trust me, after a few weeks of that, you will not be complaining about being too muscular :-)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Your data is not available but is it possible that you are underweight? If so, then simply eat more and that will help cover over areas of concern.