Compliments

13»

Replies

• SueSlick
    SueSlick Posts: 268 Member
    wonderful post maab! I actually find it easier to accept the complements on here, because I don't know you all personally. In real life...that's another story. I was also married to a controlling shthead who liked to keep me under his thumb. Once you have been put down for a while it is difficult to see yourself any other way. I feel fortunate to have found another man who loves & supports me...but I deserve it. I think we all do! Keep up the good work everybody...you all ROCK!!!
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Yeah, this is a hard one to get past. I "know" the truth about me. Everyone is just being nice.
    If they knew me better they would change their minds.

I realize that is crap, but that is the mind-set. Fake it til you make it though.

I spent most of my time on the planet trying to know the truth about me. If I still don't have a clue about it, most other people don't.

I also think what Yoovie said is true, hubris is a fickle mistress. I Did this post on my Facebook about how on January 1st I claimed 2012 was going to be my year. I then posted two weeks ago that I had lost 50 pounds, major promotion at my day job, and the start up I'm involved in was really taking off. The next day, Car destroyed. Fate plays wack a mole with us and we are always flinching under the weight of the mallet.

When I get a complement from a total stranger, in person, on how I look, not knowing I'm losing weight, not knowing anything about me other then what they see right in front of them, maybe I'll buy into it. Most likely though I'll crack a lame *kitten* joke move on.

Then again I've said it before. I'm here to get fit enough to not be hindered in some life things, not to get sexy. I wouldn't know what the hell to do with sexy if I had it. I spent my entire life building comedy routines on self depreciating humor because of my looks, cause honestly in the long run, looks mean so damn little for how much we value them.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Everyone gets mad that everyone is mean on MFP.
    Everyone gets mad that people compliment them on their weight loss.
    Everyone gets mad when people are proud of them.

THis teaches me that people who arent as fit as they want to be, just really like getting mad.
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Personally, when I get a compliment it makes my day. Or at least my morning or evening. It's a little awkward while you are receiving the compliment, but as soon as I walk away I jump up and click my heals together.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    I can't wait until I'm super fit & sexy and you all hate my balls. :heart: :drinker:
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    So true and the thought of seeing it come from someone who holds nothing back is a great way to 'see' the truth..
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member
    AGREED ^ \m/

NO /w\!
    NO!! \m/ *shoots lasers at Brett peern peern peern peeern* the battle has begun \m/
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    SO true! Thank you!