Options

Replies

• futuresizeeight
    Options
    You're doing a great, and very brave thing. Keep it up. <3
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    You're off to an amazing start! Way to go :)
    Feel free to add me for support!!
  • AlexThaEpic
    Options
    I'm sure you're be just fine!
    Best of luck to you!

This gives me bit of confidence too!

Let's do our best, ok!
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    5 pounds down and more to follow. You are doing the right thing, and sometimes it does take a shake-up to jar us into action. No matter, you are doing the right thing and will be around to enjoy your girls for decades to come.

You can do this.
  • TammyC
    TammyC Posts: 2
    Options
    Way to go. One of my biggest downfalls was that I did not do this for myself. Do it for you and the rest will fall into place. You can do it. Somedays will be bad and others awesome. Keep up the good work.
    0093 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Five!!! Feel free to use me as a friend. I just read last week that aging is affected by your genes by 30%. That means that 70% is affected by lifestyle! I feel sorry for this woman that passed away but it is a mixed blessing for you. As you stated, it's the wake up call that you need and this is such a great app. Run with it! You can do it and there are so many people behind you. Know that you are loved and respected by so many around you. Now you need to do the same for yourself:heart: !
  • moopity
    moopity Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Of course you are having these feelings. You just went through a serious loss. And health is a serious and sometimes confusing matter. I am so sorry to hear about the death of your daughter's friend's mom. I hope you find the support you need.

At the same time, I hope you can appreciate the fact that you are here -- on the site -- and making positive changes. Like someone else said, you're not alone, and we really are all in this together!

Welcome to the site. I hope you grow to love it as much as I have. It's been a tremendous source of support and inspiration. I find I am much more mindful about my choices when I have to write them down and share them with the community. Also, my pals on the site really inspire me -- when I see the activity of my pals, well, I want to do even better!

Feel free to add me if you like. You are doing great -- keep up the good work!
  • leaso75581
    leaso75581 Posts: 103
    Options
    The fact that you're trying to make a difference in your life is all that matters. It's never too late. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • dndimmette527
    Options
    You can do it! Somedays it may be hard and you don't want to exercise. Just remember how good it feels after you work out...
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    dont be scared you can add me, been on here for a lil over 2 months now
  • wendicamy
    wendicamy Posts: 4
    Options
    You can do it! Good for you for taking action. Its hard and some days you may slip up, BUT dont let that hinder you! One or two 'slip-up' days is NOTHING compared to the amazing feeling you will have on the good days! You can do it! :)
  • biggergirlsrun2
    Options
    You're AWESOME!!!!
    The hardest part is starting and you've already done that. YOU CAN DO IT! :happy:
  • sparklybutterfly763
    Options
    Good for you for losing that 5lbs and for getting started on a life changing path!!! Sometimes unfortunately it takes an awful life event for us to wake up and make changes, but better late than never. Never give up no matter how hard it is and if you stick with your excercise and keep yourself accountable for what you eat, you will do just fine. :))
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It takes courage to heed a wake up call and you're showing lots of courage. Good for you! You can do this just one step, one day at a time. You're in the right place here at MFP to do it. Remember to feed your soul and not just your body and things will go easier for you.

Best wishes!
  • kflynn28147
    kflynn28147 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a 69, almost 70 year old Grandmother. We have been married in Oct. 52 years. 4 grown children with families of their own. I have lost 38 pounds and dropped from a size 14 to a size 8. Still more to lose but it can be done. Hope and praying that you enjoy MFP. If you want to add me please do. I am from NC.

Kay Flynn
  • carakline
    carakline Posts: 12
    Options
    Here for moral support! I could use the same! It seems that the weight comes off so slowly, it's easy to get discouraged! Adding you now! =)
  • akiss4u2tam
    akiss4u2tam Posts: 50
    Options
    HI 5!!!!!!! You can do it!!!!! Never give up..... You can do it!! Eating healthy is a way of life.... A great way to way to live.... It's all about making the right choices!!!! Eating healthy.... working out at your own pace..... You can do it!!!
  • jsmith0644
    jsmith0644 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm in your corner add me as well.
  • dottheyes30
    dottheyes30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend ....We can support each other....adding you now.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hey, the first step to recovery is admitting that something is wrong.

And you've already done that! :) You're already taking steps toward better health. You can do this. There are lots of success stories on this forum to encourage you, lots of people to get to know and hold each other accountable. You're in the right place.