size 2 with curves IS possible

there is no reason anyone should be ashamed or shamed for being a size 2 or 0 or 12 or whatever size. But, no one can say someone in a smaller size cannot have curves, because that is not always true. I've never before had curves, was always straight as a board, no shape.

I am 5'5" and last year I went from 125 pounds, 24% body fat, wearing a size 6, then, I lost body fat and even gained weight. I am now 130 pounds 18% body fat in a size 2. Amazingly enough, since I dropped the bofy fat, I am seeing more curves. Not thick curves, but fit, athletic curves.

So, it is possible and we don't have to hate on anyone else's body type, because it's not the one we have or desire to have. Lets appreciate and respect everyone for their body or desired body and worry about working on getting ours to the desired body. :bigsmile:

Replies

• MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    I have always had curves... Even at my holy crap girl eat a muffin sage in highschool.. You can have curves big, small, tall and short :) even now I have a big curve haha!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,810 Member
    AMEN SISTER!

When I was 18 I wore a size 0. I wasn't super in shape or anything, but I wore a size 0 jeans and I had hips and size D breasts. Curvy is a body shape, not a size! I'm 5'3" and have a small frame, so once I reach my body fat % goals, I absolutely might be a size 2. I don't really know yet...but one thing I do know, is I will always have curves!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Whoo hoo!

I am definately curvy(small waist, big hips/butt) and I'm a size 4.. did I plan to be this size? No... and was I happy being a 10/12 where a lot of my other tall friends want to be? No.

Everyone is different... and wants to look different too!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    I was a sz 2 (5"1", 116lbs) all through HS and my early 20s with curves galore. I think I was 36-26-36 at the time. It doesn't matter what the scale, tape or label says that matters. It's your health, happiness and overall well-being that matters. I am now 32, and weigh 126 (from 146) and have always had these curves at every weight. Some don't want curves, some want to get curves, some want to keep their curves but just tighter.

I agree, stop the hating ladies (and gentlemen). Just focus on your goals.

:flowerforyou:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    AMEN SISTER!

When I was 18 I wore a size 0. I wasn't super in shape or anything, but I wore a size 0 jeans and I had hips and size D breasts. Curvy is a body shape, not a size! I'm 5'3" and have a small frame, so once I reach my body fat % goals, I absolutely might be a size 2. I don't really know yet...but one thing I do know, is I will always have curves!

EXACTLY! It IS a shape and not a size. I'm so over people saying it's bigger people, thick people, etc. It's NOT. And, it's not a bad thing, either. It's beautiful.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Of course!

But there's also nothing wrong with being healthy and having no curves. Some women just aren't built that way and that's okay.

And yes, some of us will never be a size 2 because again, we are not built that way.

Women are beautiful and even healthy in all shapes and sizes. And really personality is more important anyway.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    I wish women would stop bashing other women's bodies. It is just tacky, mean, and really unnecessary especially on here.

OP: you are gorgeous and curvy and lovely just as you are. :smile:
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    yep ..been there done that-currently 140 pound 5ft 7in and wearing a size 4 .. it's possible and silly to think otherwise -skinny bashing on this site is kinda on a horrible level.. just as long a we don't call a self-proclaimed "curvy" girl mean name like fat..I mean saying she needs to eat more is ok if she is thinner then you of course :noway:
    Of course!

But there's also nothing wrong with being healthy and having no curves. Some women just aren't built that way and that's okay.

And yes, some of us will never be a size 2 because again, we are not built that way.

Women are beautiful and even healthy in all shapes and sizes. And really personality is more important anyway.

absolutely, but this was in retort to the threads bashing size 2 girls - there is NO need to bash anyone regardless of size, shape, weight. THAT was the point of this thread.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Yes, it is possible. I had a curvy body when I was 155 size 10 and I have a curvy and more defined body today that I am a size 0 and at 116. I don't think I can ever (or want) to lose my booty. When I lost weight, everything slimmed down proportionally.

I also noticed a lot of skinny bashing on this site. I might be considered skinny but I am fit with muscles and pretty strong.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Of course!

absolutely, but this was in retort to the threads bashing size 2 girls - there is NO need to bash anyone regardless of size, shape, weight. THAT was the point of this thread.

There was also a reply yesterday that said size 8 girls (me) were jealous of size 2s. :huh:
    Yes, it is possible. I had a curvy body when I was 155 size 10 and I have a curvy and more defined body today that I am a size 0 and at 116. I don't think I can ever (or want) to lose my booty. When I lost weight, everything slimmed down proportionally.

I also noticed a lot of skinny bashing on this site. I might be considered skinny but I am fit with muscles and pretty strong.

you do look quite strong and fit - kudos, gorgeous! It's not even just skinny bashing. People get bashed for their size, shape, weight, because its not what someone else wants or understands. It's bashing of all body types and it's disgusting....
    Of course!

There was also a reply yesterday that said size 8 girls (me) were jealous of size 2s. :huh:

bah, people! We should be celebrating that we are ALL here to get healthy regardless of the size we are or want to be. I also am not a fan of the "jealous" card, either....
  • MariaMariaM

you do look quite strong and fit - kudos, gorgeous! It's not even just skinny bashing. People get bashed for their size, shape, weight, because its not what someone else wants or understands. It's bashing of all body types and it's disgusting....

True. Lots of bashing which is not conductive to a positive environment.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    I would also like to remind people that if you do see someone using derogatory language about a body size or weight, you can now report them and cite the updated rule #4.

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.
  • MariaMariaM
    Of course!

Well, if I am being honest, I was jealous of people that were sized 2 and 4 (fit condition) but I think it was because I was that size before I gain all the weight and didn't know how to get back there. I am not saying everyone is jealous but I know I was a a bit green with envy.
    Of course!

Well, if I am being honest, I was jealous of people that were sized 2 and 4 (fit condition) but I think it was because I was that size before I gain all the weight and didn't know how to get back there. I am not saying everyone is jealous but I know I was a a bit green with envy.

I like your honesty. I just don't like when others declare someone else as being jealous - maybe they are, maybe they aren't, but that 's for them (you, lol) to admit, not someone else.
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    AMEN!!
    I'm a size 0 or a size 2 and I've got curves.
    I'm sick of reading topics where people say smaller sizes don't have curves... I may not have JLo's booty, but it doesn't mean I don't have any!
  • capriss726
    capriss726 Posts: 2
    Thanks for your post. Having a lower body fat and higher weight is something I struggle with too mentally! Good for you and keep it up!
    AMEN!!
    I'm a size 0 or a size 2 and I've got curves.
    I'm sick of reading topics where people say smaller sizes don't have curves... I may not have JLo's booty, but it doesn't mean I don't have any!

I might have it, always have, even in a size 0. That thing just won't stop, lol. But, then, I don't really want it to, except maybe the jiggling, lol....