Really, you think it is the same.....seriously!!!!

Options
12346»

Replies

• fightingautism
    Options
    This is America.
    People are lazy even when it comes to losing weight.
    Most people will take the path of least resistance even if that include pills or elective gastric bypass surgery.
    [/quote]

Good thing i live in Canada. Dodged a bullet there!!! ;)
    [/quote]

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am proud of you that you're doing it naturally and not taking diet pills or getting surgery to lose weight.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I think that it depends on the situation. If you make a lifestyle change that you are commited to, but also take some diet pills to help you along, I don't see what's wrong with that at all. Just because someone is taking what you would likely deem a shortcut doesn't negate the fact that they are trying to loose weight and make themselves healthier.

Now, that being said, if their only strategy is to take pills, and aren't learning anything about WHY they got fat in the first place, that's probably not going to be successful long term as yours likely will be.
  • Marll
    Options
    duplicate post
  • Marll
    Options
    This is America.
    People are lazy even when it comes to losing weight.
    Most people will take the path of least resistance even if that include pills or elective gastric bypass surgery.

Good thing i live in Canada. Dodged a bullet there!!! ;)

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

America doesn't have the corner on the laziness market, it's actually human nature to be lazy and take the easiest path, you'll see it in all nations.

Fattest, laziest nation on earth is now Qatar:

http://www.neatorama.com/2012/04/15/the-fattest-country-on-earth/
    [/quote]
  • jezlives
    jezlives Posts: 3
    Options
    In my experience, diet pills did make me lose weight, but it also made me moody, and mean. I didn't like what it did to me mentally, so I stopped taking it. And of course, I gained it all back. Fast forward 15 years. I am now running three or four times a week. I have lost a small amount of weight before I discovered myfitnesspal through a co-worker. No judgement from me though, whatever works for everyone else. I personally would rather do things the old fashioned way. I like the idea that I will "earn" my new body. Diet pills, eh. Not for me.