130lbs to lose ....ahhhhh!!

Options
124»

Replies

• FearTheFool
    FearTheFool Posts: 29
    Options
    Thank you for your support. I'd prefer not to get surgery I know saggy skin is likely when I hopefully start losing but anything I can do to avoid surgery I will. :happy:

The only thing to do is to loose it slowly and healthily. I see people all the time around me who are dropping 20lbs or so and then all of a sudden gain them back. That's because their life style is not maintainable.

I still have to stop myself from the mindset of "low calories is guaranteed weight loss". When I did this dance the first time round I thought that eating at 1,200 a day and exercising most of that off was the way to go. It's not; I binged and I gave up. I still have a hard time now eating something (like my lunch today) that's 600 calories because before that was HALF of my daily allowance. It's now 1/3 which is what it should be and eating that was a delicious and filling lunch. I didn't feel hungry until tea.

So much of it is mind over matter. In 5 years time it's not going to matter to me how long it took to loose this weight. If I loose it in 2 years it's going to be easier to maintain then it would be if I lost it in 6 months. It's all about changing how I see food and exercise and making sure it's going to last forever.

Because this time it IS going to be forever. For both of us.

I've just sent a friends request, we're similar age (I'll be 22 in July) and similar starting weight, mine was 227.