What's your out of the box exercise?

Options
What do you do to burn calories that you find to be different from anyone you know, or that you find to be fun rather than "work." This could be a great way to pick up a new routine for those who are burning themselves out with running/same exercise video.
Dont forget to let us know what you log it in MFP under!

I play Dance Dance Revolution, I log it under cardio of course, and the game estimates cals burnt for me based on my weight. I hate running, so this is my go to cardio when I feel like busting out a -800 cal day once in a while. Great if you're looking to build up the calves!

Replies

• hollieam92
    hollieam92 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I 'jog' on the spot with music playing and my little one thinks its a dance game and we end up dancing around together, normally ends up with us in fits of giggles! :laugh:
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I 'jog' on the spot with music playing and my little one thinks its a dance game and we end up dancing around together, normally ends up with us in fits of giggles! :laugh:

adorable!!
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I play badminton with my daughter..there is a mfp log entry for recreational badminton!! Its a great way to kill an hour!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    My main form of exercise is a suspension trainer. I don't know anyone else who has or uses one. I got into it because it is a form of exercise advocated on autism forums.
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Well the usual joke is always "Does sex count as cardio?". Yes, it does
  • PurpleEpiphany
    Options
    Bellydance has for me been a great source of both exercise and motivation. I'm the type of person who has trouble exercising just for the sake of exercising. I do better when I'm "practicing", working towards some goal...then the time tends to just fly by.

I personally do American Tribal Style bellydance (think fokloric rather than sequins and such) and I absolutely love it. Aside from the above, it's a terrific confidence builder, and the tribal bellydance community especially tends to be very inclusive and welcoming of dancers of all ages/sizes/etc.
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 2! Love it! I need to get back into it too, I've been such a slacker lately.
  • surromom2010
    Options
    I play badminton with my daughter..there is a mfp log entry for recreational badminton!! Its a great way to kill an hour!

Good god I never thought of that, I LOVE badminton and a set I bet is a reasonable price..Sweet idea!
  • surromom2010
    Options
    I've tried playing this, but my legs and feet dont work well together, I gotta go with one or the other unless the people dancing with me don't mind me groping their chest or slapping their face haha.
  • surromom2010
    Options
    How do I log that? and does the after cigarette have a place to be logged as well? LOL
  • surromom2010
    Options
    Just Dance 2! Love it! I need to get back into it too, I've been such a slacker lately.

I've tried playing this, but my legs and feet dont work well together, I gotta go with one or the other unless the people dancing with me don't mind me groping their chest or slapping their face haha.

ignore my double posts, I'm still semi new to this and hit reply instead quote =/
  • surromom2010
    Options
    Well the usual joke is always "Does sex count as cardio?". Yes, it does

How do I log that? and does the after cigarette have a place to be logged as well? LOL

Sry for the double post, hit reply instead of quote, I'm a noob here.
  • MKolek00
    MKolek00 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Chopin wood...and Disk Golf
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I do 500 meter sprints on the rowing machine in between my 4 sets of whatever weight routine I'm doing.
  • surromom2010
    Options
    Bellydance has for me been a great source of both exercise and motivation. I'm the type of person who has trouble exercising just for the sake of exercising. I do better when I'm "practicing", working towards some goal...then the time tends to just fly by.

I personally do American Tribal Style bellydance (think fokloric rather than sequins and such) and I absolutely love it. Aside from the above, it's a terrific confidence builder, and the tribal bellydance community especially tends to be very inclusive and welcoming of dancers of all ages/sizes/etc.

That is awesome, Not something I would have ever thought of before. I always thought of belly dancers as skinny minis, never bigger ladies working their way to skinny =)
  • MAEahnnn
    MAEahnnn Posts: 5
    Options
    I love Zumba for the Wii as well as JustDance3 it gets competitive when playing with someone else and you're trying to out-do each others score (all while sweating out those calories!)... I also enjoy using the Workout Trainer App that makes you do specific work-outs while incorporating rest breaks ;)
  • surromom2010
    Options
    Chopin wood...and Disk Golf

I ued to take a hatchet to a stump to blow off steam when I was living at home, I have no stumps at my house but I'm sure I could find an elderly person who wouldnt mind me getting one out of their yard lol.
  • blowsfire
    blowsfire Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    batting cages
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Turn on the music and dance like a maniac lol
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    Zumba and Sport Resort for Wii (boxing is a fave!)..or I just put on music around my house and clean and dance!