What's your out of the box exercise?

Options

Replies

• Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I like to play Dance Central or Just Dance 3 when I dont want to feel like im working out, I'd log it as cardio or dancing in MFP. Belly dancing and Hula is also fun and killer on the legs, abs and arms plus you feel super sexy swaying those hips ;-)
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i hoopdance.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    Capoeira - Brazilian Martial Art.

I log it as Martial Arts

capoeira is so beautiful.
  • Xia21
    Xia21 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    VIDEO GAMES!!! lol I play a game on xbox kinect called Dance Central 2. I could play for hours :]. I even got some MFPs hooked on it. I make a long playlist and use it as my cardio. 1 hour in the morning, 1 hour in the evening. Works great for me, and I love dancing.
  • lynnetted43
    lynnetted43 Posts: 252
    Options
    the gym where i work has t r x suspension training. i dont do it very often but when i do.... what a major muscle burn about 7 to 8 hours later. i know that i have worked hard when i feel it that quick!! also plyos on and off a bench.that really gets the heart pumpin and the butt cheeks quivering!!:smile:
  • CuteMonkeyGal
    CuteMonkeyGal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yard work. I know most people would consider it everyday chores and not count the calorie burn at all but, when you have close to 2 acres of yard and mow it all with a push mower, believe me, it's a freakin' workout! I burned about 500 calories on the first half of the yard yesterday and another 500-600 finishing up the rest of it today. :) Yes, it's still work but, I enjoy it. I can crank up the music on my headphones and work on my tan too!:happy:

THIS! I have my IPod on, my baseball cap, and mow the lawn. We have a couple of acres and it's semi-hilly.

I also turn on the music and dance around the house.

Hmm...Walking up and down the stairs for like 5 minutes (burns those thighs)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I pole dance. I know lots of other pole dancers, so it is hardly unique in that way, but I guess it's still considered "unusual." I think it's fun, and I know a lot of women think that it is far more fun than going to the gym.
  • allymacary
    allymacary Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bollywood dancing video (there's a lot of effing jumping)

Your Shape Evolution for Xbox Kinnect, I enjoy the bootcamp, the yoga and the Tribal Dancing

FINALLY someone with an Xbox!! LOL, Your Shape kicks my *kitten*. I have a friend who just joined Crossfit, it seems that they do the same moves just with weights. I'll just buy a set of weights and save myself the extra $150.00 a month.

What's Tribal Dancing? I don't think I have that on mine, did you buy it separate or have to work up to it?
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    A few months ago I had an hour to buy 2 bras, 2 dresses for wedding season, and a pair of jeans which involved a lot of running between departments at Nordstrom. So I turned on my pedometer, worked really fast, and logged it as "shopping, vigorous." Now I power-shop whenever I set foot in a store.

Also, when I'm working in my little garden, I lob weeds, snails, dead plants, etc over the fence to the alley and green bins. There's already an entry for "gardening" but the extra throwing makes me sweat.
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Capoeira - Brazilian Martial Art.

I log it as Martial Arts
    Man, I wish I still had the time to do BJJ! I miss it so much!
  • MsDandimite
    MsDandimite Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just started a new thing. I bought an army duffle bag at the local army/navy store. I fill it with all old clothes (it's about 40 lbs) and I do all my HIIT training while holding it in front of me or across my shoulders.

I.E.
    agility ladder --> agility ladder with duffle
    sprints --> sprints with duffle
    pushups --> pushups with duffle on my back

plus now there are a few things I couldn't do before that now I do. I.E. attach a harness to a rope and drag the duffle during sprints, do pickup/overhead press/put downs with the bag...etc.

it's super hard, but awesome, and kinda fun. and when you get pissed, you can just punch the thing as hard as you want.
    Hey I could do this using my nine y.o. - he's cheaper than a duffel bag!

I was gonna say - I do that with my 9 y.o! Well, not those exact things, but she rides piggy back (is that how you say it in English?) and I walk/jog in intervals. Sometimes I do lunges too, but I can only do 2 so far without falling over xD
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I don't log mine because its not really something i do all at once so I have no ideas how much it burns. While doing the dishes and folding laundry i do little exercises from the Butt Bible. Ill do butt squeezes or leg raises all while squeezing my butt together. Definately can feel the burn. Hopefully all the little extras I do in that area will help me out! lol
  • Astacia74
    Astacia74 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bellydance has for me been a great source of both exercise and motivation. I'm the type of person who has trouble exercising just for the sake of exercising. I do better when I'm "practicing", working towards some goal...then the time tends to just fly by.

I personally do American Tribal Style bellydance (think fokloric rather than sequins and such) and I absolutely love it. Aside from the above, it's a terrific confidence builder, and the tribal bellydance community especially tends to be very inclusive and welcoming of dancers of all ages/sizes/etc.

I also bellydance (American Tribal and Egyptian) and agree that it is a wonderful confidence-builder. My out-of-the-box exercise is hula-hooping.
  • antonio823
    antonio823 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I turn on the music and dance or another out of the box calorie burner is to go out and do yard work not only in my yard but those of 3 or 4 other neighbor's (for me it's theraputic & fun).
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Playing catch with my dogs.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    MMA Training...not cage fighting just the intense kickboxing workout. You can burn up to 1000 calories!!!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Pole dancing!
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    when i move my sit ups outside of the refrigerator box I usually do them in...

WHAT? Its embarassing.. im fat!
  • mvandommelen
    Options
    Fruit Ninja on the kinect will burn some calories haha
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I love to run but sometimes when I'm feeling like strapping on my shoes is the worst thing on earth I love to hulahoop in front of the tv. It's a great ab exercise and you can work up quite a sweat doing it!