I like skinny/fat girls

Options

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I tend towards the girl on the right, I like to EAT and WORK and PLAY and LIVE, and the girl on the left doesn't look like she does a lot of those things,

What a rude and ridiculous assumption.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    It is important for anyone man or woman to make themselves happy. It doesn't matter if that is girl on the left or girl on the right. As long as they are happy with themselves. That is all that matters.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I tend towards the girl on the right, I like to EAT and WORK and PLAY and LIVE, and the girl on the left doesn't look like she does a lot of those things,

Yup.
  • softballsharie
    softballsharie Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Agreed. The only reason people have to make fun of each other is that they aren't comfortable in their own skin, so they feel the need to put others down to glorify themselves. Wanna know why you're not comfortable with yourself? The same reason that the girl you're picking on will no longer be comfortable with herself. Great job, hope you achieved your goal of making others feel bad about their bodies.
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    Oh, cool! Let's give girls that finally have confidence because they have lost weight another reason to hate their bodies. Kudos to you! Jerk.

:flowerforyou: Yes indeed.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options

There are naturally thin women, I have seen many, befriended many, and I am related to many - and none of them had every rib naturally show. There is nothing wrong with being thin, she has no muscles, she looks frail. It would be exceedingly rare for that to naturally occur with normal or healthy amounts of activity and a well rounded diet. It's even less likely for that to naturally occur in a woman over the age of 25. It's not an assumption, it's an opinion. So, Let me say "In my opinion, she doesn't look like she does a lot of those things." Or better yet... I can't do those things and look that way...
    Or... what is her BMI? Her percentage of muscle mass? If someone is overweight, everyone is all caremongering about their health, but if someone is underweight, it's ok?
    Before you call me rude and assumptive... lets ask.. Can she work (8 hours of physical work) ? Can she play (run, skip, swim for hours)? Can she reproduce/menstruate? Is she in danger of osteoporosis? Maybe she is one of those REALLY rare women where, all of those are "YES." But if we are talking about which we prefer...

I find it interesting that I got flamed and not the "Eat a Sammich" folks... but whatever. :flowerforyou:
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    Some people are naturally slimmer. Everyone should be comfortable in their bodies. Saying the girl on the left is a skeleton and needs a "sammich" is akin to telling an overweight person that they look like shamo and need Jenny Craig.
    :heart:
  • inraptorswetrust
    inraptorswetrust Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    How about men's opinions of my body don't matter because it's mine and not theirs?
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

There are naturally thin women, I have seen many, befriended many, and I am related to many - and none of them had every rib naturally show. There is nothing wrong with being thin, she has no muscles, she looks frail. It would be exceedingly rare for that to naturally occur with normal or healthy amounts of activity and a well rounded diet. It's even less likely for that to naturally occur in a woman over the age of 25. It's not an assumption, it's an opinion. So, Let me say "In my opinion, she doesn't look like she does a lot of those things." Or better yet... I can't do those things and look that way...
    Or... what is her BMI? Her percentage of muscle mass? If someone is overweight, everyone is all caremongering about their health, but if someone is underweight, it's ok?
    Before you call me rude and assumptive... lets ask.. Can she work (8 hours of physical work) ? Can she play (run, skip, swim for hours)? Can she reproduce/menstruate? Is she in danger of osteoporosis?

I'll just jump in here... My body is pretty similar to the girl in the photo. So, I do do normal and healthy amounts of activities (I go for walks, hikes, play with my cousins..). I eat plenty, my diet is "well rounded". My BMI is at 17.2%. I can work those hours, I can play and I can reproduce / menstruate.

Because you can't do those things at whatever weight, doesn't mean others can't. The reason you can occasional see my bones when I bend over or stretch is because that is where I lose my weight from first - I don't hold my weight in the upper half of my body, it is held in the bottom half.
  • daffodilsoup
    Options

Before you call me rude and assumptive... lets ask.. Can she work (8 hours of physical work) ? Can she play (run, skip, swim for hours)? Can she reproduce/menstruate? Is she in danger of osteoporosis?

I called you rude and assumptive because your implication that she does not eat, work, play and "live" was rude and assumptive. You weren't concerned with her health like this post seems to say - I called you out on your statement and you softened your approach in the above response. By looking at the woman on the right, I would not assume that she could run/skip/swim for hours, or that she is not in danger of osteoporosis - weight training can prevent osteoporosis in women, and neither woman here has defined muscle. We don't know anything about either woman's health or personality - all we know is what they look like. For all I know, they are both marathon runners or both sit on the couch eating Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supremes all day.

Neither woman here looks "athletic" to me, but I don't see either one as more preferable because it's none of my business. All this thread, and others, has done is make it okay for members to rally around "skinny bashing".
  • SweetDorothySweat
    SweetDorothySweat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    some guys like skinny girls..some like telling me to eat a cheeseburger .. I have been bigger and got hit on when I ether skinny or cubby..now I am focusing on being strong so I can bench press the next guy who tells me to eat a cheeseburger :-P

Hehe Same here. <3 I love showing guys up. Weaklings. Yesterday I got all competitive when I was climbing the rock wall at my gym, and I did the overhang part with no problem and made the boys look dumb. =P
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Some people are naturally slimmer. Everyone should be comfortable in their bodies. Saying the girl on the left is a skeleton and needs a "sammich" is akin to telling an overweight person that they look like shamo and need Jenny Craig.
    :heart:

This....completely frustrated with these pictures
  • leanby2013
    leanby2013 Posts: 137
    Options
    I think its a bit harsh to say either one of these bodies are better, its all about preference. If you prefer curvy girls, thats fine, but saying the other girl is too skinny or has a horrible figure is just denting someones confidence. Ridiculous.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I find it really interesting that I am getting bashed when the OP says he wants to feed the skinny girls... but ok.
    I will stand by the fact that I truly believe the likelihood of the girl on the left engaging in a healthy lifestyle is slim.... but I am a grown woman fully capable of expressing my opinions. I know what it is for ME to be healthy and look healthy and it is not the societal ideal on the left.

Given that I was not recommending that we tie her up and "feed her a sammich" I would have thought that I was LESS offensive, but I guess not.

Important to note I said "LOOK LIKE" which was not expressing that she CERTAINLY cannot do those things, IF we are going to get aggressive and split hairs.

As for telling ME what I am concerned about.... when someone looks like the girl on the left, I am concerned for their health. It IS assumptive and rude to tell people what they think or what their concerns are. I'm pretty sure you aren't telepathically reading minds through the internet. I teach middle school students and if I saw a student who looked as she did, I would be looking for correlative eating disordered behaviors. Would I assume shes had a problem? No, growth patterns are different for different people, but I would be paying attention.

I used to strive for the girl on the left, when I was an adolescent, and went many hungry, tired, grouchy days, got pneumonia from malnutrition (pediatricians words, not mine), and spent years learning to love MY body, that functions much better around a BMI of 23-24. So maybe some of you can WORK PLAY LIVE REPRODUCE at that size, but I decidedly cannot, and correlate her appearance with illness.

I will say that I would say it is statistically very rare for adult women to be truly healthy at a BMI below 18. Sure, there are outliers in any statistic, but outliers are rare (per my statistics course).

And now I recede from this thread, since it is a bit vicious for my tastes. Should have know better than to post in a thread that starts with warring skinny/fat pics.
  • daffodilsoup
    Options
    I find it really interesting that I am getting bashed when the OP says he wants to feed the skinny girls... but ok.
    I will stand by the fact that I truly believe the likelihood of the girl on the left engaging in a healthy lifestyle is slim.... but I am a grown woman fully capable of expressing my opinions. I know what it is for ME to be healthy and look healthy and it is not the societal ideal on the left.

Given that I was not recommending that we tie her up and "feed her a sammich" I would have thought that I was LESS offensive, but I guess not.

Important to note I said "LOOK LIKE" which was not expressing that she CERTAINLY cannot do those things, IF we are going to get aggressive and split hairs.

As for telling ME what I am concerned about.... when someone looks like the girl on the left, I am concerned for their health.t It IS assumptive and rude to tell people what they think or what their concerns are. I'm pretty sure you aren't telepathically reading minds through the internet. I teach middle school students and if I saw a student who looked as she did, I would be looking for correlative eating disordered behaviors. Would I assume shes had a problem? No, growth patterns are different for different people, but I would be paying attention.

I used to strive for the girl on the left, when I was an adolescent, and went many hungry, tired, grouchy days, got pneumonia from malnutrition (pediatricians words, not mine), and spent years learning to love MY body, that functions much better around a BMI of 23-24. So maybe some of you can WORK PLAY LIVE REPRODUCE at that size, but I decidedly cannot, and correlate her appearance with illness.

I will say that I would say it is statistically very rare for adult women to be truly healthy at a BMI below 18. Sure, there are outliers in any statistic, but outliers are rare (per my statistics course).

And now I recede from this thread, since it is a bit vicious for my tastes. Should have know better than to post in a thread that starts with warring skinny/fat pics.

You are absolutely free to state opinions, just as I am free to state mine. When you put them out in public forums, be prepared for people to disagree with them. If you can't handle backlash, then maybe consider not making them public. Just because you cannot do certain things at the weight on the left does not mean that others cannot. I understand that you said "looks like", but somehow that doesn't really sit well.

Really it's not just your post that annoys me, so I apologize if you feel that I'm singling you out. The whole thread bothers me - and I absolutely side with you in that the comments about "tying her up and feeding her" are ridiculous, rude and uncalled for. If they were to go the other way, that someone would want to tie up the girl on the right so that she couldn't eat, I'm sure there would be outrage. I am just bothered by the double standards. Again, I don't want to single you out, these stupid threads where people put one body type down so they feel better about themselves are just really starting to grate on me.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Some people are naturally thin or just feel more comfortable thin. Both girls look beautiful. I'll never be the girl on the left, but that doesn't mean that there aren't some naturally small people out there. Lets avoid making anyone feel bad about their bodies.
    ^This definitely! Aren't we all tired of being judged for the way we look on the outside? Skinny or fat, we all have feelings. It probably doesn't feel any better as a skinny girl to be called disgusting than it does as a fat girl to be called disgusting.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    She needs a sammich.

The girl on the right needs to eat less "sammiches".

I'm assuming it's okay to make offensive and rude comments about the bigger girl since it's okay to make rude and offensive comments about the smaller girl.
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    I would totally "do" the girl on the right. The girl on the left i would tie her up and feed her..lol Eat dammit! lol

lmaoooooooo!
  • anarod0513
    anarod0513 Posts: 119
    Options
    They "live" curves? Should it be like or love?

Lol I didn't even notice that.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    She needs a sammich.

The girl on the right needs to eat less "sammiches".

I'm assuming it's okay to make offensive and rude comments about the bigger girl since it's okay to make rude and offensive comments about the smaller girl.

I was just saying she looks hungry. The girl on the right looks like she just ate.