Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Favorite 'Strange' Sandwich

Replies

• usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    I use to have mushy pea sandwiches in my early twenties and loved them, I love just lettuce sandwiches :)

One of my sister's ex's use to buy a greggs sandwich and a pie and put the pie in with the sandwich, he had it all the time.
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    hmmmm..not sure that its weird....we have a sandwich joint in town that has "lowrider" black beans, avocado, turkey, cream cheese, salsa, sprouts, and lettuce, tomato onion, on wheat. SOOOO good! I will say though that my addiction to avocado is bordering on weird. I eat it every day.
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Peanut butter and banana!

one day I want to try chocolate silk peanut butter on my PB&B!

Peanut butter and banana is not strange its EPIC! especially on seeded bread mm mmmmm mmmmmmmmm
  • kettle_belle83
    kettle_belle83 Posts: 94 Member
    Peanut butter, bananas, and honey on white bread OR ham, swiss cheese, and mustard with potato chips on top. Yum! Neither of these I eat anymore because both are pretty unhealthy, but boy were they good!!! Oh and I forgot about peanut butter and marshmallow fluff!
  • UhOhItsKylie
    UhOhItsKylie Posts: 92 Member
    Two slices of toasted bread with bacon and LOTS of mustard. Mmmm! I haven't had one in years, which is probably a good thing! ;)

I also love potato salad sandwiches. Carbs...nom nom nom!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    this is grossing me out.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    I love a good grilled peanut butter sandwich dunked in ketchup! Delish! I also like cucumber/mayo sanwiches or lettuce/mayo sandwiches, tomato/mayo sandwiches, pickels and either mayo or butter (though I haven't eaten on in years), peanut butter and chocolate chips sandwiches, peanut butter and maple syrup sandwiches, peanut butter, marshmallow cream, and chocolate syrup sancdwiches, I could go on......
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    i don't eat this now because of my diet... but i would make a pb&j sandwich and put pretzels on it... than i would dip it like a cookie into milk.. best thing in life!!
  • kd80538
    kd80538 Posts: 97 Member
    Once upon a time, it was PB, Bologna and Wavy Lays!
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Mayo and radish sandwich!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    french fries on my cheesburgers
    roast beef, onion (diced sweet) and cheetos
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    One time when I was young (8 or 10?), I was complaining about being hungry. My dad offered to make me lunch, but I couldn't decide what to eat. Frustrated, he said, I'll make you a sandwich and you are going to eat it.

He made me the following:

Wheat bread
    Bologna
    Peanut butter & jelly
    Raw onion
    Mustard

It was one of the most horrendous things I've ever tasted. Definitely strange!
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    i used to love , after Thanksgiving, leftover stuffing and cranberry sauce sandwiches. Mmmm! Also peanut butter and alfalfa sprouts sandwich. Sounds weird, but very tasty.
    Peanut butter and alfalfa sprouts? I guess this thread proves that everything tastes good with peanut butter!
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    When I was a kid, my mother made us butter and sugar sammiches....no wonder I got fat!!!! :grumble:
  • lovetobethin86
    lovetobethin86 Posts: 202 Member
    I like ham, crushed pineapple, bbq sauce, and swiss cheese on sourdough!

sounds like a hawaiian pizza:)
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    fig butter (trader joes)
    cream cheese

OM NOM NOM
  • juicymisslucy
    juicymisslucy Posts: 72 Member
    Wonder Bread, butter, cucumbers, white vinegar, salt & pepper. Peanut Butter & Lettuce. Nutella & Bacon.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Yes...I used to eat Peanut Butter and Mayo sandwiches!

And mayo and tomato is num too!

My husband used to eat his pizza slices between 2 slices of buttered bread back in the day.....holy carbs!
  • SnarkyMam0610
    SnarkyMam0610 Posts: 39 Member
    not really a sandwich but, onion bagel with cream cheese and cheddar pringles smashed on top! Good on Cinn Raisin too!

I love chips/cheese curls on my sandwiches, gotta have that crunch!
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Mashed avocado with ranch dressing & lettuce on toast. Yum!

Also at Quiznos (haven't been in a while though) Wheat with turkey, lettuce, swiss cheese, pickles, and garlic powder (none of the oregano mix), and EXTRA Chipotle Mayo. Super spicy but ssssooooo good!:love: