How do I get my motivation back?

Options
13»

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    I know exactly what you mean. I was SO dedicated and never stopped since April while I was home taking care of my son after his accident. Morning til night, I didn't stop. I wouldn't even entertain the thought of letting ANYTHING unhealthy near my mouth. I went back to work and its been somewhat down hill since. I feel I've gotten my groove back but it is still hard. I got so tiny and now, just a few pounds I've gained, I feel like I'm so fat.

All we can do is take it one day at a time. One step at a time. We did it once, we can do it again.

Good luck!

exercise.png

We can do this and we can do it together, I have done great today and tomorrow I will start back with my exercise. I don't exercise on Sundays, it is my day off from exercising.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    hey laura! :flowerforyou:

you have come so far this year! you are a doll and are so supportive of everyone :flowerforyou:! the set back you had is in the past now and you are doing the right thing by reaching out to MFP. you know you got this, take it day by day!

i had a 3 month set back and gained my weight back + 5lbs! :noway: i know for me, i never ever want to do that again.

like i said, one day at a time! you could get a calendar and put an X thru each day at the end of the day to close it off and reflect that you did it. then, in a month you can look at what you accomplished. you could even write your self a note about how you were feeling each day and at the end of the month read everything and think about goals for the next month. imagine how cool it would be to have a whole calendar filled up with big X's!!!

i write myself notes on my food log. started it on 7/18, when i got back on track. its helping me.

anyways - get up and move girl! you got this!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

thanks Heather, I really appreciate all the support. I really need it at this time. I do the calender thing but not really in that respect but I will try it.

you could even use different colors to cross out the days - your favorite color for good days, a not so favorite color for bad days. then go back and review how many good vs. bad and go from there! :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    hey laura! :flowerforyou:

you have come so far this year! you are a doll and are so supportive of everyone :flowerforyou:! the set back you had is in the past now and you are doing the right thing by reaching out to MFP. you know you got this, take it day by day!

i had a 3 month set back and gained my weight back + 5lbs! :noway: i know for me, i never ever want to do that again.

like i said, one day at a time! you could get a calendar and put an X thru each day at the end of the day to close it off and reflect that you did it. then, in a month you can look at what you accomplished. you could even write your self a note about how you were feeling each day and at the end of the month read everything and think about goals for the next month. imagine how cool it would be to have a whole calendar filled up with big X's!!!

i write myself notes on my food log. started it on 7/18, when i got back on track. its helping me.

anyways - get up and move girl! you got this!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

thanks Heather, I really appreciate all the support. I really need it at this time. I do the calender thing but not really in that respect but I will try it.

you could even use different colors to cross out the days - your favorite color for good days, a not so favorite color for bad days. then go back and review how many good vs. bad and go from there! :drinker:

that is a great idea, I will do it. thanks :flowerforyou: