How many people actually diet 7 days a week?

Options
sniperzzzz
sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
The reason i ask is purely down to curiosity, as i notice allot of peoples diary's are blank, on Saturday and Sunday. Before we go any further im not having a dig at anyone, because i myself have been guilty of this in the past. I used to work out my TDEE, create a deficit worked out on a 7 day week, and diet Monday to Friday, and then wonder why the scale wasn't moving lol. Anyone guilty of this now or in the past? Again this was in my past, i don't do it any more.

Replies

• ready2tryagain42
    Options
    I log every day...regardless if it is Saturday or Sunday or Wednesday.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    24/360-ish (Federal holidays don't count!) :bigsmile:

NGL though, being on a diet so much makes socializing very difficult. Everything @ half portion, a bite of dessert and no appetizers seem to be my MO now.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Nope, I am quite satisfied with my calorie goal at the moment. It allows me to eat what I want, so I don't need splurge days.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I log everyday but generally go over on one day at the weekend. :)
  • cmayfield3
    cmayfield3 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm half guilty. I'm not very good at logging my bad days though I am trying really hard to do better. But I don't wonder why the scale hasn't moved; I know I can't blame the program when it's my fault for not following it.
  • 1Kristine1
    Options
    24/360-ish (Federal holidays don't count!) :bigsmile:

NGL though, being on a diet so much makes socializing very difficult. Everything @ half portion, a bite of dessert and no appetizers seem to be my MO now.
    I KNOW. And friends just look at you like you have two heads. Its terrible.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I diet everyday. I exercise everyday =) I at least get out and walk. I'm tired of being fat and I committed to this =)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I tend to log everyday but sometimes there are meals where I just can't log it. Tonight is an example. I'm going to a cocktail party with heavy appetizers. I will not spend the evening with my phone trying to keep track of every nibble and no I won't remember everything. I currently have over 1200 calories remaining for the day so will just hope for the best. This kind of situation happens probably once a week-this week I get it twice!

Also, I don't consider it a "diet". This is my life now. I try and eat healthy and really watch what I eat most of the time but still allow myself to enjoy social activities-and yes, that includes eating non-healthy foods.
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    it's a lifestyle not a diet so every day! even when I indulge! 7 days a week! I have cheat/indulge 'moments' cheat days are a step back and for me would escalate into everyday again ;) minus vacations - those are cheat/indulge lots of moments so 7 days a week minus vacations I guess haha

that makes no sense probs haha
  • 1Kristine1
    Options
    Nope, I am quite satisfied with my calorie goal at the moment. It allows me to eat what I want, so I don't need splurge days.
    I think I will be really devastated once I hit my first plateau.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I eat as healthily as I can every day of the week. I try to ensure that I stick within calories every day of the week. of course, I occasionally slip up, but don't do the regular 'cheat' day thing. I don't think that kind of thing would be helpful to me.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I always try to log but sometimes I forget or will log part of my day and then forget about the end part. That only happens when things get really crazy on the weekends or when I'm on vacation.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    24/7 cause I'm trying to not see it as a "diet" rather a lifestyle change. I want to re-learn not just a quick fix.
  • blowsfire
    blowsfire Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i try not to diet just make healthy choices. of course i slip up but i figure you only live once. if u deprive yourself u want things more.:happy:
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I don't diet, so there is no need to change things from one week to the next. I shoot for a net of 1650 day to day or an overall week of 11,550 calories. If I'm under a couple days in the week I will try to use up those calories over the weekend.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I log everyday but generally go over on one day at the weekend. :)

Me too. Although I don't "diet" any day, I just aim to eat a blanced diet within my macros
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    it's a lifestyle not a diet so every day! even when I indulge! 7 days a week! I have cheat/indulge 'moments' cheat days are a step back and for me would escalate into everyday again ;) minus vacations - those are cheat/indulge lots of moments so 7 days a week minus vacations I guess haha

that makes no sense probs haha

I wondered how long it would be before the 'lifestyle' vs 'diet' distinction was drawn. It's an artificial distinction. Your 'lifestyle' involves incorporating healthy eating. In that sense you are, indeed, adapting your 'diet'. It isn't a fad diet, or a crash diet, but your new lifestyle certainly includes healthy dietary practices. In that sense your 'diet' has changed.

Bugbear. As you were.
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I don't diet.

I do however track what I eat 99.9999999999999999% of the time.
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    I have some blank days, but my eating habits are pretty consistent everyday.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Forget about it. Usually good 5 days not so good 2 days. Life is too short!