How many people actually diet 7 days a week?

Options

Replies

• josephinabonetto
    josephinabonetto Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I log everyday, my *bad* days are typically Wednesday and Thursday (I still log them), not weekends (which I find easier). I can go quite far over my calorie goal, like yesterday when I attacked a Jubilee buffet and Wednesday when a bottle of wine fell into my shopping trolley. I picked items close to what I ate, as most of it was home made. I just guess, it's better than not logging it at all. I then forward planned my meals for the next 4 days to get me back on track.

If I am in a restaurant I don't pull out my app, I enjoy it then track it later. Choosing a close guess if it isn't there.

I do have weeks where I take a *vacation* and don't track occasionally but have no trouble getting back into it after a week of going rogue (e.g. my birthday week I didn't track).

I don't feel the need to label what I do really, but no labels used here offend me.:laugh:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet! I am making sensible choices and making sure I'm not over eating. :wink:

Just curious, what is the difference?
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet! I am making sensible choices and making sure I'm not over eating. :wink:

Lol... when people say this, or that they are doing a 'lifestyle change' they just mean 'this time I'm not going to fail like all the times before'. The sad truth is that whatever you call it, 95% of people who lose weight don't keep it off long term.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I do! Only once per month that I treat myself
  • losingthehealthyway
    Options
    I have promised myself one flex day per week where I have to NOT count calories. It's easy for me to get overly-restrictive, so flex days force me to give myself a break.
  • sonjalucia
    sonjalucia Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    So far, I've been dieting with no cheats, Almost going on 2 weeks!

I will force myself to track if I do choose to cheat, I think it will keep me accountable.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    The reason i ask is purely down to curiosity, as i notice allot of peoples diary's are blank, on Saturday and Sunday. Before we go any further im not having a dig at anyone, because i myself have been guilty of this in the past. I used to work out my TDEE, create a deficit worked out on a 7 day week, and diet Monday to Friday, and then wonder why the scale wasn't moving lol. Anyone guilty of this now or in the past? Again this was in my past, i don't do it any more.

I don't diet.

I changed the ways I look at foods and what I eat, 7 days a week.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Nope....I dont take the weekends off. Cant afford to. This is an everyday thing for me. :)
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I do my best to eat properly 7 days a week.

I alternate how I eat, though, rather than sticking to an arbitrary number; I eat a lot more on some days than I do others, and I often shift my eating schedule around so one of the 'eat more' days falls on the weekend.
  • jephry
    jephry Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I log every day as well. I actually like holding myself accountable for what I eat. It's the only way I've been successful.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont consider myself on a diet, and everyone logs for different reasons...

i use the tracker just to be mindful of how much im eating, and what. i dont have a large appetite anyways, and dont eat much anyways.... so if i have something 'bad' for me, i dont really feel 'bad'.
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    I log every day. My calorie intake is usually higher Saturdays and Sundays as I cook and bake for the whole family. They all usually eat at daycare/school/work during the week.
    And I love cooking and baking so I take a piece of take or something extra then. But I try to do some more exercise to be close to my allowed calories.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Ive found that if i take the weekend off i do to much damage, so now im sticking to it as much as possible
  • NotThePest
    NotThePest Posts: 164
    Options

Lol... when people say this, or that they are doing a 'lifestyle change' they just mean 'this time I'm not going to fail like all the times before'. The sad truth is that whatever you call it, 95% of people who lose weight don't keep it off long term.

Why can't someone be the 5%. 95% or not statistically you have a 50/50 chance of doing something successfully no matter the statistics that are thrown at you. If you go through life thinking you are part of the percentage that failed you will never find success at anything. 99% of my family told me my youngest son would be "retarded" and fail at life, he is now a successful engineer (NASA; Boeing;) statistics don't control your life, you do.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I log every day. I calorie zig zag some so I have some days that are higher than others. I figure this reflects my lifestyle. Work with it.

I had one day in the last 125 or so days where I really just didn't know what I ate and drank that night for a 40th birthday. I did a quick calorie add for a bunch of calories, noted it in the food notes and moved on. But otherwise, I have entered something for every food I've eaten. If I have to guess at what the amount is, I choose the highest. If it is a restaurant, sometimes I add butter and oil because I presume it to be higher. It may not be totally accurate but it is better than me not knowing what I really ate and having it deceptively add up. That is easy to do even if I'm making better choices.

One trick for those party days or restaurant days is you don't have to take out your app (unless you are trying to judge whether it is a reasonable choice or not before you eat it). Instead...

Take a picture of your food or the food selection when you are out. It makes logging later so much easier. I even do better on figuring my approximate proportions when I take a picture of my plate.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I try to. I don't designate "splurge" days, although they do happen. I might eat less one day and exercise more so I can eat more the next, but I'd still consider that dieting, not taking a day off, because I worked for it.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I want to add that I like to own what I eat. I feel that just because I didn't acknowledge what I ate, doesn't mean my body didn't. Different people have different reasons for doing what they do. For me, it works that I keep a record of what I eat. How often I eat certain types of food is just as important to me. It helps me to know whether I'm really improving overall or not. Am I really using moderation? Or am I just playing a numbers game. Sometimes I have to ask myself good questions. :)
  • LuAnnMarieP
    LuAnnMarieP Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I last about 3 days & then the chocolate demon comes at me! But I don't keep it in the house, except chocolate chips and I have 1 Tbsp of those and I'm good for another 3 days! lol
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I don't diet. I have a strategic eating system designed to accomplish specific goals. I don't have "cheat days" because I can eat whatever I want as long as it fits my macro targets (IIFYM FTW). Yesterday I had steak and ice cream for dinner. Tonight I had a burger and fries. Who needs "cheat days"?
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    I log my foods everyday. To me it is a diet no junk until I can control myself. Last slip up was mothers day and I logged everybite. My birthday came and went and I had no cake. I had a vitatop. Not being consistent with food choices it what got me overweight in the first place.