Lame-o Co-workers!

Options
barbarella
barbarella Posts: 609 Member
I've always been considered the office weirdo for eating healthy.
So I've kept quiet about my weight loss program.

Someone finally noticed yesterday and said to me:

"Sooooooo....... How much weight have you lost?"

After I told her she said:
"Oh.... Yeah.... I saw you eating an apple in the breakroom..... yuck!"

Then someone else chimed in:
"Yeah.... Apples are no good unless there's chocolate on them!"

Serious! :noway: :sad: :noway:
Who are these people??? :laugh:

Replies

• debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    We need to get a really good one liner to get them back. Sometimes it helps to send a zinger the other direction. :laugh: I'm usually not good at those but it might be good to think it up. I have trouble at work as there always seems to be treats and the like and I tend to get hungry and not be as prepared as I should be. Congratulations to you for losing weight in an environment such as that!
  • zibbity
    zibbity Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    :noway: Woah! Really? I suppose veggies are no good either unless they are deep fried huh?

Lets hope they were joking... :sad:
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    Jealous!!! And they should be! :wink:
    I wouldn't say anything back, just keep looking fabulous and let them all cringe about it.
    But while they're gorging themselves on office donuts you might think about how the grease and goopy sugar slide right down to their thighs everyday...
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I work with them too.

"What's for lunch? ....oh nevermind...you're *gasp* DIETING" :grumble:

Why does dieting have to be such a toxic disease to some people?? I'm eating healthy & enjoying it so BACK OFF:angry: .

:tongue: I feel your pain my dear - it's no fun. I kept quiet for a while, too. GL!
    **oh yeah, and your dress is amazing!
  • trudance45
    trudance45 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    they sound like children :noway:
    -Trudy
  • Celestia
    Celestia Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! I can totally relate. I'm considered weird because I eat tofu (I'm a pescatarian) and work out in a gym and lift weights. Go figure!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    So sorry for that--I guess I'm lucky to just endure the bowl of mini snickers :happy:
    You are amazing to buck the trend and stand up for yourself--keep it up!! :flowerforyou:
  • saretta71
    saretta71 Posts: 22
    Options
    How healthy are your co-workers? My guess is not very. Sounds like they're uncomfortable and a bit scared. Misery loves company. Keep on doing it. I wouldn 't be surprised if some of them eventually start asking you for nutrition advice.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I had the same apple experience... I love apples and I eat like 2 a day so I would bring one for when I was coaching vb camps all day and I ate one every day at the same time haha All the girls (junior college) were eating corn nuts, eww I hate corn nuts! haha They were giving me a hard time, but more just being funny and joking around, its still annoying though...

~Leash :heart:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I would just say "Really, I love apples, mmmmm !" as I squirt apple juice on them!! LOL

But that's just me!!

Memaw
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! I can totally relate. I'm considered weird because I eat tofu (I'm a pescatarian) and work out in a gym and lift weights. Go figure!

Interesting - pescatarian - a new word to learn. :wink:
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Look' em straight in the eye and say....."Yes, I can See that you really like chocolate with your apples." then turn and walk away.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Tell them all to kiss your apple! You know you are feeling better, looking better and they want to play "mean girls" to get you to quit! Keep up the good work! They are just jealous!

If they keep it up ask them how they are feeling, and look concerned! " are you coming down with something?" Diabetes is so ravaging and extra weight can cause it. Maybe you ought to get that checked?! When was the last time you checked your blood pressure? You look pale! That might fix them!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    You're right - they are lame.

Food Police at work are no fun. It amazes me the things people come up with to say. You keep on enjoying your apples. :happy:
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I would just say "Really, I love apples, mmmmm !" as I squirt apple juice on them!! LOL

But that's just me!!

Memaw

I totally agree!!!! I don't know why people feel the need to stick their nose into your eating habits. I'm pretty lucky with the people I work with, they often ask what I am eating (something like Edamame), and I'll let them try it or tell them about it. Not too many negative statements here though, but then again, lol, I am the manager, maybe they don't want to get fired :laugh:
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Look' em straight in the eye and say....."Yes, I can See that you really like chocolate with your apples." then turn and walk away.

:laugh: Fantastic!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Chocolate on an apple sounds gross.

I just have co-workers that try to sabatoge me all the time. I hear "awww, you brought your lunch?? I wanted to go to <insert fast food place here>". :grumble:
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Totally lame. They should be supportive, not detrimental. They are just jealous. And what a silly thing to say about an apple. Who doesn't like apples? I swear Fuji apples the earths candy, they are so sweet and yummy. :love:
  • Kendra7107
    Kendra7107 Posts: 122
    Options
    Why is it, this can be one of the hardest things we have to put up with on our journey. I agree with all the comments here. I like "kiss my apple". :smile: Women can be competitive and jealous, I can use another word here but I will refrain, so some of them like to make snide remarks. Just ignore them and eat your apple. When you are looking smoking hot, let's see what they have to say then?:bigsmile:

My problem at work is different as I started meeting with 5 friends, we have Monday (start the week off right), Wednesday ( mid week check in) and Friday ( gear up for the weekend) teleconferences for 20 minutes. We started on May 5 but I am the only one that has kept it up. I AM NOT judging, I understand food issues. But they has lost no weight, do no exercise and I found myself every Monday trying to make them feel better for having a bad weekend. On Wednesday I listen to them complain that the week isn't going well and on Friday it's complaints about how they can't get it together. I was tired of being the therapist so I had to distance myself. :laugh: After more than 11 weeks, I had to get out of this support group. LOL :happy:

As hard as it is, we sometime have to distance ourselves from friends and co-workers with the snide and jealous remarks. Of course, then they say we are changing because we are losing weight. LOL :laugh:
    You are doing great, keep up the good work!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

As my son would say, "Ohhh Burn!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'll have to remember that line in case I have an occasion to use it. :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!