Lame-o Co-workers!

Options

Replies

• czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Why is it, this can be one of the hardest things we have to put up with on our journey. I agree with all the comments here. I like "kiss my apple". :smile: Women can be competitive and jealous, I can use another word here but I will refrain, so some of them like to make snide remarks. Just ignore them and eat your apple. When you are looking smoking hot, let's see what they have to say then?:bigsmile:

My problem at work is different as I started meeting with 5 friends, we have Monday (start the week off right), Wednesday ( mid week check in) and Friday ( gear up for the weekend) teleconferences for 20 minutes. We started on May 5 but I am the only one that has kept it up. I AM NOT judging, I understand food issues. But they has lost no weight, do no exercise and I found myself every Monday trying to make them feel better for having a bad weekend. On Wednesday I listen to them complain that the week isn't going well and on Friday it's complaints about how they can't get it together. I was tired of being the therapist so I had to distance myself. :laugh: After more than 11 weeks, I had to get out of this support group. LOL :happy:

As hard as it is, we sometime have to distance ourselves from friends and co-workers with the snide and jealous remarks. Of course, then they say we are changing because we are losing weight. LOL :laugh:
    You are doing great, keep up the good work!!

So you had a support group of people who did not support! Kind of like the " I just had to eat the fudge ripple ice cream because it was in the freezer, and Now I feel so guilty crowd on here?" The ones who want us to pat them on the head and say there there, you can start over every 15 minutes!
    Pffffttt! To thine own goals be true, everyone else get out of the way, I am here for real! No one made me get fat, but me! No one can fix it but me! When someone says can we go to the cheesecake factory, I just say, enjoy yourself, that does not fit into my goal! Be strong, you will be healthier for it! Besides after they don't get a shocked response any more they will start picking on each other!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! I can totally relate. I'm considered weird because I eat tofu (I'm a pescatarian) and work out in a gym and lift weights. Go figure!

Interesting - pescatarian - a new word to learn. :wink:

It's a vegetarian that will eat fish but no dairy, meat, or eggs.
  • sweetcorruption
    Options
    i keep a hand-written food journal with me at all times for tracking on the go. my coworkers look at me and talk about me like i need mental help ::noway:
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    Co-workers can be the worst.

I get back to my desk after a meeting to find a piece of cake there and there is no-one in our section so I take it and put it on the counter in the break room. Later someone comes by and says what? you don't want your cake? She then tells me that it was for somone that finished their PhD like that would change my mind. It is like it is unheard of for someone to not want cake. If I had cake everytime they were brought in for birthdays, retirements, graduations etc.... I would be having cake at least once a week! :laugh:

It is also funny because some have noticed that I have lost weight and they don't offer as much anymore, but others have been rather clueless and are still constantly offering these things.
  • melissalynnlarue
    melissalynnlarue Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You could also tell them that chocolate is no good without apples in it!

*eye roll*
  • azjennifer
    Options
    Some people just don't understand or appreciate healthy habits. My coworkers are always going to lunch, and just yesterday told me they feel like I "shun" them because I don't join them. But they don't understand that I don't want to spend the money or the calories. Another coworker always points out how healthy I eat, more as if it is a phenomenon. I just want to roll my eyes. I watch what I eat for health purposes more than I do for weight and there is nothing phenomenal about that - eating healthy is a lifestyle.
  • czewwhat
    Options
    here is the one liner! Ready!!!!

That chocolate will look way better on your butt than on mine!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    thank god I work in an office all by my lonesome and don't have to worry about anybody, talkin smack about my food or eating my food! There's nobody here to tempt me with luncheons, or doughnuts or cake, its my own fault if I screw up during the day!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I work with them too.

"What's for lunch? ....oh nevermind...you're *gasp* DIETING" :grumble:

Why does dieting have to be such a toxic disease to some people?? I'm eating healthy & enjoying it so BACK OFF:angry: .

:tongue: I feel your pain my dear - it's no fun. I kept quiet for a while, too. GL!
    **oh yeah, and your dress is amazing!
    It's because it might be contagious!!!:laugh: :drinker:
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    You Guyz are Awesome!!!! :love: :flowerforyou:
    Thanks so much for all the great comments.....

Especially those one liners! ZING!!! :laugh:
    I do best with humor..... if I can think fast enuff!
    Those Mo-fos never fail to surprise me. :noway:

Things are a little better than when I first started working there.
    The first few potlucks I went to were UNREAL!
    Cheese on every entre & Cool Whip on every dessert! :sick:

BTW: Someone actually asked me today what I was doing to lose weight! :bigsmile:

FYI: Here's the fishy definition from Wikipedia: :drinker:

"Pescetarianism is the practice of a diet that includes seafood and excludes mammals and birds. In addition to fish or shellfish, a pescetarian diet typically includes some or all of vegetables, fruit, nuts, grains, beans, eggs, and dairy. The Merriam-Webster dictionary dates the origin of the term "pescetarian" to 1993 and defines it to mean: "one whose diet includes fish but no meat."
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I work in a high risk practice so we get donuts from the patients- and we have cake on everyones birthday- My coworkers ask if I am going to have any I say no they say thats will power- I say thanks some say you only live once- I say no thanks I am good sometimes its hard to not have Pizza and stuff (one day the pizza in the break room was calling my name but I didn't give into temptation. (now thats willpower lol)

All in all my coworkers are very supportive of me.

They tease me but all in fun.
    Like I am currently trying on a pair of small scrubs every week until they fit me correctly before I buy them and my one coworker walks by me and tells me everyday that her scrubs are a small lol- Its funny we both laugh I just say I will be there soon-

(when I started my job I was wearing Large scrubs now I wear baggy Mediums I need to drop a few more inches and I am in the Smalls Baby and I can't wait for that day. So when she walks by and says Smalls I can say me too - I show them my pics of me in the size small scrubs and they say good job.
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Here are some ideas for what to say back . . .

"Wow, I'm surprised you even know what an apple is! Good for you!"

Say, "Ohhhh THAT explains it" and walk away. They'll wonder what you meant. (I would suggest not doing this if you actually care about their friendship, though)

Or politely say, "I know some other foods you can dip apples in that are better than chocolate. If you want to know, just ask me." And see what they say to THAT!

:flowerforyou:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    wowza you have really toned up your tummy!!!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is not good on apples.... It's delicious on potato chips! I have a friend who would always give DH and me a big package at Christmas. All filled with deliciousness! Rice Krispie rollups with chocolate (kinda like a pumpkin roll only rice krispies and chocolate), ritz crackers with peanut butter smeared on, then dipped in chocolate. Chocolate covered potato chips (OH TO DIE FOR SO SALTY SWEET), 3 different types of fudge, regular Christmas cookies, russian tea cakes... Gosh I can't even name it all.

Two years ago, I broke her heart, because I told her she just couldn't do that for me anymore. She still gives me a small bag of the chocolate covered potato chips though. Enough for a day or two. Or a week if I only had 2 chips a day :laugh: .

Anyways... Sorry I rambled. Chocolate is bad on apples, good on potato chips.
  • czewwhat
    Options
    Print this out for them, FDA food standards for chocolate and coffee, Yumm!!!!

Food Defect Action Level
    CHOCOLATE AND CHOCOLATE LIQUOR Insect filth
    (AOAC 965.38) Average is 60 or more insect fragments per 100 grams when 6 100-gram subsamples are examined
    OR
    Any 1 subsample contains 90 or more insect fragments
    COFFEE BEANS, GREEN
    Insect Filth and Insects
    Average 10% or more by count are insect-infested or insect-damaged

DEFECT SOURCE: Insect fragments – post harvest and/or processing insect infestation

So that means my dear your chocolate loving office friends are ingesting Cockroach parts or droppings with every tasty morsel. Then perhaps they can wash it down with their 10% insect filth contaminated coffee!
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Print this out for them, FDA food standards for chocolate and coffee, Yumm!!!!

Food Defect Action Level
    CHOCOLATE AND CHOCOLATE LIQUOR Insect filth
    (AOAC 965.38) Average is 60 or more insect fragments per 100 grams when 6 100-gram subsamples are examined
    OR
    Any 1 subsample contains 90 or more insect fragments
    COFFEE BEANS, GREEN
    Insect Filth and Insects
    Average 10% or more by count are insect-infested or insect-damaged

DEFECT SOURCE: Insect fragments – post harvest and/or processing insect infestation

So that means my dear your chocolate loving office friends are ingesting Cockroach parts or droppings with every tasty morsel. Then perhaps they can wash it down with their 10% insect filth contaminated coffee!

I just had a chocolate craving.

Then I read that.

Now it's gone!:laugh:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I just noticed something . . . this thread is under the "Success Stories" tab. That is definitely not a success story!:noway:

Well, maybe when you see your co-workers tomorrow, it will be (hopefully!:flowerforyou: )
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    One of my favorite quotes : Those that say it can't be done shouldn't get in the way of those that are doing it.

You're doing it! Don't be discouraged by the jealous co-workers. Keep up the great job! :flowerforyou:
  • crystalscott0906
    Options
    i have the same problem at work but its like they think its a game...they think its funny when they offer something like cake and doughnuts and i say no...they they think they need to offer again like 3 or 4 times...i dont get why people feel the need to try to break your will power. good for you for standing up to them too :)
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Chocolate on an apple sounds gross.

I just have co-workers that try to sabatoge me all the time. I hear "awww, you brought your lunch?? I wanted to go to <insert fast food place here>". :grumble:

Yeah chocolate on apple does sound gross??? who eats that?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!