Lame-o Co-workers!

Options

Replies

• astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Print this out for them, FDA food standards for chocolate and coffee, Yumm!!!!

Food Defect Action Level
    CHOCOLATE AND CHOCOLATE LIQUOR Insect filth
    (AOAC 965.38) Average is 60 or more insect fragments per 100 grams when 6 100-gram subsamples are examined
    OR
    Any 1 subsample contains 90 or more insect fragments
    COFFEE BEANS, GREEN
    Insect Filth and Insects
    Average 10% or more by count are insect-infested or insect-damaged

DEFECT SOURCE: Insect fragments – post harvest and/or processing insect infestation

So that means my dear your chocolate loving office friends are ingesting Cockroach parts or droppings with every tasty morsel. Then perhaps they can wash it down with their 10% insect filth contaminated coffee!

I just had a chocolate craving.

Then I read that.

Now it's gone!:laugh:

there are insects in all of our foods--just look up any kind of grain for example. Or fig newtons :bigsmile:
  • kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    Someone said it, "misery loves company."

I see my co-workers look at me with envy when I shun their chili cheese fries and eat my yogurt&berries.

People with little will power build up their self-esteem by trying to break down the will power of others. Stand strong and look good. It's complete jealousy.
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    No need for a come back. They make themselves look stupid all on their own. No need to stoop to their level. Just smile a wry smile and look at them with pity (which won't be hard) and walk away. No need to subject yourself to what is clearly their personal garbage any more than you need to.

And in regards to that comment about how much you've lost, you don't have to answer any of their questions. But you do have to work with them. So say something like "now isn't that rather a personal questions?" and walk away before they can wipe their blank looks off their faces.

Don't waste any of your time or energy on people like that.

Be strong, be confident, be at piece with you and your choices.
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Seems a shame we all have to deal with this, I have all of the same issues at work. Maybe we can all get together and form our own business!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I guess I am a lucky one. The people I work with tell me I am disciplined and that I look fabulous. I am told that I am an inspiration and when I put my ipod in to walk at lunch they all encourage me.

I guess there are mature people in my office.
  • Luv_2_Run
    Luv_2_Run Posts: 9
    Options
    Totally lame. They should be supportive, not detrimental. They are just jealous. And what a silly thing to say about an apple. Who doesn't like apples? I swear Fuji apples the earths candy, they are so sweet and yummy. :love:

Have you tried the Honey Crisp apples? OMG!! They are the best, but only come out in the fall :sad: Fuji is my second favorite. MMMmm apples....
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Why is it, this can be one of the hardest things we have to put up with on our journey. I agree with all the comments here. I like "kiss my apple". :smile: Women can be competitive and jealous, I can use another word here but I will refrain, so some of them like to make snide remarks. Just ignore them and eat your apple. When you are looking smoking hot, let's see what they have to say then?:bigsmile:

My problem at work is different as I started meeting with 5 friends, we have Monday (start the week off right), Wednesday ( mid week check in) and Friday ( gear up for the weekend) teleconferences for 20 minutes. We started on May 5 but I am the only one that has kept it up. I AM NOT judging, I understand food issues. But they has lost no weight, do no exercise and I found myself every Monday trying to make them feel better for having a bad weekend. On Wednesday I listen to them complain that the week isn't going well and on Friday it's complaints about how they can't get it together. I was tired of being the therapist so I had to distance myself. :laugh: After more than 11 weeks, I had to get out of this support group. LOL :happy:

As hard as it is, we sometime have to distance ourselves from friends and co-workers with the snide and jealous remarks. Of course, then they say we are changing because we are losing weight. LOL :laugh:
    You are doing great, keep up the good work!!

So you had a support group of people who did not support! Kind of like the " I just had to eat the fudge ripple ice cream because it was in the freezer, and Now I feel so guilty crowd on here?" The ones who want us to pat them on the head and say there there, you can start over every 15 minutes!
    Pffffttt! To thine own goals be true, everyone else get out of the way, I am here for real! No one made me get fat, but me! No one can fix it but me! When someone says can we go to the cheesecake factory, I just say, enjoy yourself, that does not fit into my goal! Be strong, you will be healthier for it! Besides after they don't get a shocked response any more they will start picking on each other!

:drinker: I love this. So true! You have to be strong and get over the little hurdles. Starting over every 15 minutes is NOT an option. "Ground Hogs Day" does not work! I'm trying to get a co-worker on MFP as hhe just came back from surgery and needs to lose over 100 lbs. He dropped 20 lbs pretty fast but now I see him sneaking back into his old routines. He says he is "giving himself a break"! I don't want to push too hard because I know he has to do this himself.

Find some supportive co-workers!
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options

Food Defect Action Level
    (AOAC 965.38) Average is 60 or more insect fragments per 100 grams when 6 100-gram subsamples are examined
    OR
    COFFEE BEANS, GREEN
    Insect Filth and Insects

DEFECT SOURCE: Insect fragments – post harvest and/or processing insect infestation

So that means my dear your chocolate loving office friends are ingesting Cockroach parts or droppings with every tasty morsel. Then perhaps they can wash it down with their 10% insect filth contaminated coffee!

Then I read that.

there are insects in all of our foods--just look up any kind of grain for example. Or fig newtons :bigsmile:

:angry: What can I eat now?!:noway:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options

Food Defect Action Level
    OR
    COFFEE BEANS, GREEN
    Insect Filth and Insects

Then I read that.

That may well be true, but the look on the faces of her "Mean girl" co workers who may not have any idea will surely be worth it and they just might shut their mouths! The FDA allows all kinds of garbage in our food, chemicals, insects, insect filth. That is why we need to try to eat natural food whenever possible! So make sure you let them know especially miss "Cockroach Mocha"!
  • jcarter0525
    Options

Food Defect Action Level
    OR
    COFFEE BEANS, GREEN
    Insect Filth and Insects

Say what you want but I still want chocolate now! lol
  • czewwhat
    Options

Food Defect Action Level
    OR
    COFFEE BEANS, GREEN
    Insect Filth and Insects

Say what you want but I still want chocolate now! lol

congratulations for your honesty, it is the first step in solving any problem! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I am becoming quickly addicted to this site and the message boards. I love that this is for the most part a fun, supportive non-judgmental group where I can turn when I need some motivation. It's great to see that others stuggle with the same stuff I do.
  • Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Sometimes its just easier not to tell people you're dieting... If you can at all avoid it, that is.

I think its a bit in people's predisposition to see that others might skoot on ahead of them or look better, feel better etc. so they make snide comments to "attack".

I'm sure they don't mean to hurt any feelings- just might be human nature.

Maybe the best approach is to engage them in your lifestyle (not diet). Maybe thats all they need is to feel better about themselves.

Enough Mr. Rogers for the day:happy:
  • czewwhat
    Options
    now where is my cockroach soup/ Coffee! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    at least they acknowlge that you eat...even an apple
    my fav lines that i hear pretty much daily from my friends or mom or co workers

"gosh im so hungry wanna go eat lunch...oh nevermind you never eat anyways"
    :noway:

"lets go grab some food...oh yeah i havent seen you eat in a long time you wont eat anything anyways"
    :angry:

"have you eaten today?"
    :ohwell:

people can be rude unintentional
    everyone around me swears like i just dont eat anythign at all
  • czewwhat
    Options
    This is exactly why I am becoming quickly addicted to this site and the message boards. I love that this is for the most part a fun, supportive non-judgmental group where I can turn when I need some motivation. It's great to see that others stuggle with the same stuff I do.

When I need motivation, I stand in front of my full length mirror, totally naked! I get motivated! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 11 more pounds, I can do this, I can do this!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Ya' know,,, there are days when I'm really REALLY glad I'm a (formerly) big - nasty lookin' biker dude.

Every day I carry apples, plums, peaches, granola bars and a little leftover meat from last night's dinner into the shop - in my old beat up "Elmo" lunchbox with the grinning muppet on the front. They suspect that I'm crazy and may kill them. I could enjoy a nice lunch of apples, tofu and children and nobody'd say a word.

It works for me :smile:
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Ya' know,,, there are days when I'm really REALLY glad I'm a (formerly) big - nasty lookin' biker dude.

Every day I carry apples, plums, peaches, granola bars and a little leftover meat from last night's dinner into the shop - in my old beat up "Elmo" lunchbox with the grinning muppet on the front. They suspect that I'm crazy and may kill them. I could enjoy a nice lunch of apples, tofu and children and nobody'd say a word.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I would just say Strawberries and chocolate is the way to go - not Apples - yuck! No reason to be mean. They're looking for a fight - don't give it to them.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

:noway: I'm hiding my grandkids! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!