Do you use the same bath towel every day??

Options
love2cycle
love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
I always wash the bath towels after one use. I have recently discovered that seems to not be the norm! I recently stayed at the home of an out of town friend, and they use the same towel day after day, I had 2 for the week. I have mentioned this to several friends, and most people thought I was weird! I am just kind of curious to see what other people do.

Replies

• Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I use my same shower towel for 2 weeks. Washing it eveyday seems OCD to me.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Ii wash them about once a week.
    Life is too short to be washing towels all the time - and what a waste (and cost!) of water and power.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    youre CLEAN when you use them haha!

I prob use 2/3 per week...
  • love2cycle
    Options
    Hmmm, maybe that's why my towels unravel so often! I know I'm clean when I use them, but it still makes me think, yuck!
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You're all washed and clean after a bath and you use the towel only to dry yourself. So why wash the towel after every use? Once a week is good enough IMO.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    Damp towels breed bacteria. I don't think you're weird :flowerforyou: I'm a two-use-max person myself.
  • love2cycle
    Options
    Damp towels breed bacteria. I don't think you're weird :flowerforyou: I'm a two-use-max person myself.

Thanks! I feel better, if only one person thinks I'm not weird!:bigsmile:
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    What about a small clothes rack for putting them out to dry??
  • m4bz71
    m4bz71 Posts: 5
    Options
    New one every day here. HOWEVER...if I had a bath towel rack in my bathroom, which I don't, I may hang it up and use it one more time. Two times max though. You're not weird! :)
  • love2cycle
    Options
    What about a small clothes rack for putting them out to dry??
    [/quote

That's what my friend did, however, I don't really have the room for that. Also, not enough hooks, and I don't think I would like seeing them hanging around!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    On my local news, this was just a topic. They suggested washing bath towels every 2 days and sheets once a week.

At school, when I washed my own stuff, I would change my towel out about every 5 days. But at home, when my mom does laundry, we never reuse a towel. However, the majority of days I shower at the gym with their towels.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I use a new towel every time.

Sure you are clean, but your rub your skin with the towel and the thought of skin cells schluffing off onto the towel or what if the part of the towel you used to dry your butt is the part your are drying your face off with next time...

Nope.
    Fresh towel for a fresh shower
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Depends on if I have any clean ones available. I like a fresh towel every time but I'll use one again maybe 3x if needed.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I just moved in with my BF and we discovered that we are very different in the towel-washing department. He washes every day, I wash once a week. He's a mechanic so is usually pretty dirty when he gets in the shower, and that's his excuse. But he's sooo thorough when cleaning himself!! I go to the gym in the morning, come home and shower, then shower again before I go to bed - so I use my towel twice each day and only wash it once a week.

We compromised and now we use them for 3 days then wash.
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    I use them until they stink.. I really HATE the smell of bad towels..
  • sdai3
    sdai3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I honestly can't remember the last time I washed my towels.... woops.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

Ditto. When I don't get caught, or know I won't, I wash my towels after one use! :laugh:
  • laurensayz
    laurensayz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I multi-purpose my towels. I have kids, so I will take a shower, dry off and lay the towel down on the floor and put them in the tub. That way it can soak up the water they always spill out. If they aren't taking a bath after me, I will hang it up and use it again one more time. I only keep 4 towels in the house, so it works out perfect! I don't use them more than twice now, especially since its summer and humid in GA. They take longer to dry and will smell funny if they are too wet to begin with.
  • amyram
    amyram Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The towel is good for 2 days, hung to dry in between. My sheets on the other hand, sping cotton, fall flannel. Well maybe not that bad, but probably a month or so anyway. :ohwell:
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I use mine for up to a week or a few days less.