Do you use the same bath towel every day??

Options

Replies

• DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm weird about this too. I use two towels... One I wrap my hair in and one to dry myself. The one i used to dry myself with today will be hung up and used as my hair towel tomorrow. And today's hair towel went in the laundry. So two uses in rotation. Did that make sense?? Ha

I do the same thing :laugh:
  • columbus27
    columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Until I remember to wash it
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I wash my towel 1-2 times a week.
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I use them until they stink.. I really HATE the smell of bad towels..

Me too on both accounts.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I use mine 3-4 times before I wash it......
  • T1Life
    T1Life Posts: 15
    Options
    After one use for me, its been my way since forever. If I was to reuse a towel it would freak me out, which isn't saying its the dirty, just not my way...ok that sounded OCDish :S
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I use the same towel for about a week but at the end of every day I handwash my towels in handwash detergent and nappysan (that is the towles for the whole family so 6 of us) and hang them above the aga to dry for the next day. I boil wash them once a week. With the trips being at the mucky age of 3 we have enough laundry already and I think my machine would pack up and leave if I flogged it any more than I do already! (FYI I also handwash some of the kids clothes too if they look like they might survive another day)
    I hate the idea of dirty towels. Its not the fact that I have dried myself but the skin cells etc that they pick up when you rub yourself dry.
  • JadedSouls
    JadedSouls Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Use one towel a week thereabouts, face clothes I'll wash every couple days..
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    come to think of it, we SHOULD wash every day. I know we shower to clean ourselves but after wiping our privates and putting it up to dry, then later using the part we wiped our privates to wipe our faces without knowing is kinda yuck.

but yeah, im one of those people that wash towels every 2-3 weeks. :C
  • TheGreenfaerie
    Options
    Depends on the weather. It gets pretty humid down here in the south east, so some weeks it has to be a one and done sort of use for towels, and guests always get fresh towels every day.

But usually for personal use it's more like a rotation of a few towels over the course of a week. (actual color patterns vary, but you get the idea)

Monday--orange towel
    Tuesday--blue towel (because orange is a tab bit damp)
    Wednesday--back to the orange towel, then toss in hamper
    Thursday--blue towel again, then toss in hamper)
    Friday--brown towel
    Saturday--purple towel
    Sunday--brown towel again, then into the hamper (and time to do laundry)
    Etc. With laundry day rotating as the need for clean clothes and towels dictates.

My dad is a microbiologist and our family still reused bath towels growing up, so long as they got dry enough first. As with many things, if it wasn't enough to freak out the microbiologist, then it usually doesn't phase me. (And a few things that did freak him out--like wooden spoons--I don't worry about... although I never use a wooden cutting board for meat.) Your bathroom door and sink handles are probably a heck of a lot ickier than a twice used bath towel.

Now as for kitchen towels and dish cloths--those were changed out multiple times a day and sponges were absolutely banned from the kitchen, let alone reused. My SO and I have gotten into it (mildly) over sponges. He buys them and I trash them. End result is that I end up cleaning the kitchen regardless of who made the mess. :P
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    come to think of it, we SHOULD wash every day. I know we shower to clean ourselves but after wiping our privates and putting it up to dry, then later using the part we wiped our privates to wipe our faces without knowing is kinda yuck.

But your privates have been cleaned. Figure out where the tag is and use that as a guide to not get @ss on your face lol.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I have two bath robes and alter them after a week. I use towels for my hair and usually hang them up/keep using them for a weeks time. For my son (6) I hang up his towels also and usually alternate his where he uses one-two a week.
  • TheGreenfaerie
    Options

But your privates have been cleaned. Figure out where the tag is and use that as a guide to not get @ss on your face lol.

That or get one of these:

1321401858.jpg
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I always wash the bath towels after one use. I have recently discovered that seems to not be the norm! I recently stayed at the home of an out of town friend, and they use the same towel day after day, I had 2 for the week. I have mentioned this to several friends, and most people thought I was weird! I am just kind of curious to see what other people do.

If you are clean after you step out of the shower... all you are using the towel for is to wipe off clean water. Hang it up to dry afterwards and mildew shouldn't be a problem. Why would you need to wash it every day? That is astonishing to me. LOL. Not to mention the wear and tear the washer/dryer does to laundry. I usually wear my jeans three times before washing them as well. My workout clothes are probably the only things I wash after a single use.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options

1321401858.jpg

Haha! I got that towel for my hubby when he was in Iraq in one of his care packages. We still have it <3
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options

1321401858.jpg

I used to use pubes as a guide but since im "baby soft" now it has been hard to tell...

Where can I buy one of those???
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Damp towels breed bacteria. I don't think you're weird :flowerforyou: I'm a two-use-max person myself.

You dont leave the towel bunched on the floor in a pile... you have to hang it up to dry!
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have four children, I'm lucky if there is even a bath towel in the bathroom. I've used a hand towel before, just because no one could "hear" me yelling for a clean towel from our mountain of laundry on the couch! I've used towels of questionable cleanliness as well, but before children I use a towel two days.
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I always wash the bath towels after one use. I have recently discovered that seems to not be the norm! I recently stayed at the home of an out of town friend, and they use the same towel day after day, I had 2 for the week. I have mentioned this to several friends, and most people thought I was weird! I am just kind of curious to see what other people do.

Do you wash your dish towel that you use to dry dishes everyday? or do you get a different one for everytime you dry dishes?
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Wash mine once a week and use it everyday. My thought is -- I only use it getting out of the shower and I'm clean then. Plus, its not like I leave it in a pile to get gross...I hang it up to dry.