New Challenge for Late Night Snackers (June 2012)

Options

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME - 14
    LNS - 6*

I second the idea of "no bad late night snacking" as my times are all over the place depending on my family. This week I have been starting work at 1 a.m. and by the time we get to home for dinner and bed (yes I nap, sometimes twice), it is like 10 p.m. So my successes are if I stay within a certain amount of calories and carbs. Haven't really had "junk" in over a month now.
  • Angeldoe55
    Options
    I'm in for this I will say the cut off for snacking will be 8:00 Pm .. I'm new here so I would welcome any friends to help me in my weight loss journey.
    Love & Light:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • BabyGrl726
    BabyGrl726 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This will be a challenge for me because I work 3rd shift. Usually I have dinner around 7 and do not eat again after that if I have the day off. The nights that I work, I try not to eat anything at least 2-3 hours before I lady down. (I work 7p -7a 3 nights a week). Also, throw in that I try to make it to the gym after work on some days just to get my 5 gym workouts in. All that being said.....I think that if I stick to no more food at least 3 hours before I go to sleep should keep me on track whether I am working a shift or not.

any other advice? I welcome it.
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Me: 12*
    LNS: 3
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,993 Member
    Options
    Me: 18
    LNS: 2
  • Stef836
    Stef836 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My cutt off will be 8pm when I put the kids down because that is when I usually snack!
  • piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Last night was a good night :)

Me: 2
    LNS: 1
  • dgjewels49
    dgjewels49 Posts: 43
    Options
    This is a great challenge! My cutoff time is 9:00pm.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Me 16 *
    Lns 4

haha... i won last night!!
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Me 15
    Lns 4* grrrr

but tonight is definitely mine!!

It WILL be yours, Karen...:drinker: Hey...15 and 4...NOT bad at all...and by tonight it will be 16 and 4! :wink:
  • free2live72003
    Options
    I was just telling a friend yesterday that this was my most difficult behavioral change to make and I had just not yet committed to it.

So.o.o.o.o, here goes----my cut off time is 9pm and in bed between 10:30-11pm. Starting June 21st. Surely I can make it through June, then hopefully July will be a breeze.
  • laurenrenehyde
    Options
    I'm in! I won't have a cut off time because of my schedule but I commit to eating nothing within 2 hours of going to bed. Definitely keeping the evening cup of herbal tea in there though...I love me my tea.
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    June will be over soon....Can you do this again in July??? I think this will help me:-)
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Starting day 6/19/12!!!

ME 3
    LNS 0

Great day for me. This is helping me stay focus!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME - 15*
    LNS - 6
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Me 17
    Lns 4
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Me: 15* - LNS: 6

Welcome, thurberj, laurenrenehyd, free2live7200 :flowerforyou: - never too late!
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    June 12...Me (0) LNS 1 (Could not resist those Cheez-its)
    No more!!!
    June 13...Me (1) LNS - 0
    June 14...Me (1) LNS - 0
    June 15...Me (1) LNS - 0
    June 16...Me (1) LNS - 0
    June 17...Me (1) LNS - 0
    June 18...Me (1) LNS - 0
    June 19...Me (1) LNS - 0
    June 20...Me (1) LNS - 0 Cutoff 6:30pm
    June 21...Me (0) LNS - 1 I had popcorn at about 11pm. I recorded a pound lost this week

Total: Me (8) LNS - 2

I decided to knowingly snack. I was under my calorie count, and celebrated with popcorn. After I thought about it, I will plan my celebration before a cut off time...sooo I blew it tonight (sigh). Continuing on...thx all and hope you did better :)
    :drinker: Deb (lifting my glass of water)
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I decided to knowingly snack. I was under my calorie count, and celebrated with popcorn. After I thought about it, I will plan my celebration before a cut off time...sooo I blew it tonight (sigh). Continuing on...thx all and hope you did better :)
    :drinker: Deb (lifting my glass of water)

Did you go over your calories? If not and if it was only popcorn (caramel flavoured?) and unless this would make you loosen your standards, I'd say you can safely give yourself the point. :flowerforyou:
  • lady_in_weighting
    lady_in_weighting Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    This is completely me...going to make my cut off 8pm. Try to have dinner and one snack before that time then NO MORE. I always end up going to bed with indigestion when i eat late.