New Challenge for Late Night Snackers (June 2012)

Options

Replies

• dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Me: 13* - LNS: 5 :smile: :bigsmile: :happy:
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Me: 10*
    LNS: 3

Feels good to be back on track!
  • trich33702
    trich33702 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Last night was really hard. I didn't get home til 8:30 and I was starving. I can't let myself ever get that hungry again. I wanted to snack really bad. Instead I drank a bottle of water ate dinner and waited and hour. The urge to snack didn't leave, so in order to not further temp myself I got off the sofa and went up stairs. I knew my lazy self would not walk back down the stairs for a snack. So that's what I'm going to try to do from now on drink a bottle of water then head up stairs when the cravings start.

Me: 2
    LNS:0
  • piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I AM IN!!!!

This is what I struggle with....

So did awesome until the kid went to bed (Hubs is out of town this week). After that I had 3 Oreos, 1 graham cracker (with pb)... and I was already at my calorie limit..... I finally went to bed.....

Ugh!

So, I guess that would make it:
    Me: 0
    LNS: 1

Gotta do better!
  • ksantomas
    ksantomas Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Last night substitued video games for snacking! Kept my hands busy and my mind occupied. Interestingly, I found it was a great way to relieve the stress of the work day when I named the enemy characters.
    Me: 9
    LNS: 4
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,993 Member
    Options
    Me: 16
    LNS: 2

I nearly had to go over my cut-off time....I gobbled sweet raw cherries as close to that time as I could - so it goes in the "W" column because I was still short on my calories for the day!
  • je6305
    je6305 Posts: 29
    Options
    I can completelty relate to this, I am guilty of eating so well during the day & staying positive but then night hits & I instantly go to the kitchen and start snacking on sweets :-(

I need to start this challenge asap! :-)
  • Brandnewdea
    Brandnewdea Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So glad I saw this topic! I (almost every night) give in around 9pm and eat cookies. Starting this challenge tonight!
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Glad to see this challenge. My snacking habits are hurting my goals.
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    How do I count the

Me:
    LNS:

I am starting late!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    How do I count the

Me:
    LNS:

I am starting late!

Any night which goes according to you plan gives you (i.e. "Me") 1 point. The point for every night in which the evil LNS win obviously has to go to them :grumble: . So say you do awesome the first night :glasses: - this will then be:
    Me: 1 - LNS: 0
    and so on.

It's never to late :wink:. Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    Thank you for the warmth invitation. This should help me stay more focus!
  • missxh0llywo0d
    missxh0llywo0d Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know that I am starting late, but I have a serious problem with late night snacking because my fiance doesn't get home until 1230am... I have been doing better because I used to eat dinner at that time with him, but now when he gets home he eats and it makes me hungry again too... so I snack. But starting today, I am going to fight that urge to snack so late!

My cutoff time for the rest of June will be 10pm. In July, I will shoot for 9pm for my cutoff time! :)
  • HYP1317
    HYP1317 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    ME 3
    LNS 0
  • chm08005
    chm08005 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in, my cut off is 9:30 pm.
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    Starting day 6/19/12!!!

ME 1
    LNS 0

One day down!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME - 13
    LNS - 6*
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I know that I am starting late, but I have a serious problem with late night snacking because my fiance doesn't get home until 1230am... I have been doing better because I used to eat dinner at that time with him, but now when he gets home he eats and it makes me hungry again too... so I snack. But starting today, I am going to fight that urge to snack so late!

My cutoff time for the rest of June will be 10pm. In July, I will shoot for 9pm for my cutoff time! :)

Our competition is a friendly one, so it's not too late to join, at every point of the month. Plus, you can take this as training for July :wink:.

There's two approaches to LNS: either you eat *nothing* past your cut-off time or you eat a *healthy* snack. Since for me the latter ends up by putting bad stuff in my mouth, I have to go by the first (I do allow myself exceptions - see my post below, but as a rule I need to stay away from any food). If you're stronger than me, then you could have a healthy snack (try to stay away from carbs) or sip on tea/milk, so that you still join your fiance while he reports on how his working day went. You just have to figure out what works best for you :flowerforyou: .
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    June 12...Me (0) LNS 1 (Could not resist those Cheez-its)
    No more!!!
    June 13...Me (1) LNS - 0
    June 14...Me (1) LNS - 0
    June 15...Me (1) LNS - 0
    June 16...Me (1) LNS - 0
    June 17...Me (1) LNS - 0
    June 18...Me (1) LNS - 0
    June 19...Me (1) LNS - 0

Total: Me (7) LNS - 1

Almost forgot to log in and report that it has gotten easier for me not to think about LNS. I am glad others are taking the challenge! It really works to be ACCOUNTABLE!! If at first you don't succeed...try try again :drinker: Debbie :heart:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    After finishing the cooking for the next day, I tasted the boiled broccoli last night. As I was doing it, I realized it tasted too good to be real, so I must've gotten a bit hungry (I wonder why, I had a good dinner 2hrs before). I also realized that there was some desert in the fridge that I could have just a tiny slice of :smokin: (temptation, sweet temptation).
    So I did not put anything anymore in my mouth for the night :drinker: :
    Me: 14* - LNS: 5