New Challenge for Late Night Snackers (June 2012)

Options

Replies

• MyPresent
    MyPresent Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like this challenge! I am a LNS sometimes and I hate it, it only makes me feel bad afterwards.

I start tonight, and my cut-off time will be: 9pm.

Thanks! and good luck for everyone!
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    One week in and I'm:

Me: 7
    LNS: 0
  • ksantomas
    ksantomas Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Dewdrop- It may have been your worst night ever but you are my hero for posting. I feel like I've been struggling and my history is to drop out of site. Reading posts from people who have the same issues and struggles keep me coming back. Thank you!
    Me: 4
    LNS:4
    LNS and I are tied - I feel a need to win coming on.
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Just coming to the end of my nights (well in 3 hours). I've done really well and it makes me feel so chuffed when I don't snack. I ate my big but healthy meal last night, then didn't eat til a banana and porridge early this morning. I will snack this afternoon tho as giving blood and I'll need a top up.

LNS 0
    Me 8 (I think)

Over eating 1
    Me 7 ish

The thing is though last month I gave up snacking for 2 weeks, lost weight, felt chuffed, then went away and stuffed myself, over eating, over snacking and eating any random crap before bed. If only I could keep it up for life :drinker:
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    June 12...Me - 0 LNS - 1 (Couldn't resist the Cheez-its)...No more!!!
    June 13...Me - 1 LNS - 0 (Yay) :drinker:
    Total: Me - 1 LNS - 1
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    LNS: 1
    Me: 0

How do you guys remember to do this? I forgot completely :(
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Me: 0

How do you guys remember to do this? I forgot completely :(

I set an alarm on my watch or my phone 15 minutes before my cutoff time.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    ME - 10*
    LNS - 3
  • Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I know it's late, but I'd like to join in on this challenge. My problem is not snacking after dinner or before bed; I wake up almost every night in the middle of the night (like right now). Usually, I want and eat a snack in the middle of the night. Then that puts me 150 to 300 calories behind for the next day before it even started.

So far tonight,

Me 1
    LNS 0
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna kick LNS's *kitten* tonight :D
  • gritty1
    gritty1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i'm in, snacking when my little boy has gone to be is a nightmare. 8pm cut off, will try and get my husband to join too.

Gonna be hard as a chocolate addict....
  • toxicmikki
    toxicmikki Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I know it's late, but I'd like to join in on this challenge. My problem is not snacking after dinner or before bed; I wake up almost every night in the middle of the night (like right now). Usually, I want and eat a snack in the middle of the night. Then that puts me 150 to 300 calories behind for the next day before it even started.

So far tonight,

Me 1
    LNS 0

I feel your pain! I'm the exact same way! Often I can not go back to sleep unless I eat something. I hate it and I think this was a major contributor to my weight gain.
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Me: 7
    LNS: 1*

Had a great workout last night, but didn't get to eat a proper dinner. And so a late bowl of cereal lead to some other foods because I felt, "I've spoiled it already, why not?" Back at it today!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers....just step right into the challenge and carry on!

karen - I'm choosing 8:00 as a cut-off time, too....I used to say 9:00, but I think it's probably better, overall, for my health, to fit in my calories before 8:00 anyway - and continue to make the proper food choices, too!

Me: 12
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    This is ALSO my downfall!!!! There should just be a pill that makes you THINK you just ate all you wanted! Anyway, I stay up late so my cutoff will be 10pm. I'll plan a snack at that time that fits into my day and then CALL IT A DAY! I did this a few weeks back (I was distracted in a good way and didn't turn to food when bored) and lost 5-6 lbs in a few weeks. I'm looking to do the same but this time get to goal. I'm sort of new to this, so will try to check in on most days. Great idea for a challenge. :)
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Oh, and just reading a few posts above mine I see how we mark our days. So mine so far are, after one day...

LNS-0
    Me-1

When the stats read "LNS-0 and Me-21" I expect to be in the low 160s. :D (aim high!)
  • ksantomas
    ksantomas Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The thing is though last month I gave up snacking for 2 weeks, lost weight, felt chuffed, then went away and stuffed myself, over eating, over snacking and eating any random crap before bed. If only I could keep it up for life :drinker:

That is the big piece I struggle with. I'm great for a week or two then totally go off the wagon and stuff myself. Eating random junk because I feel I deserve it after depriving myself. Changing my mindset from a time limited "diet" to a "lifestyle change" is a work in progress.

Me: 5
    LNS: 4
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    ksantomas- great job not hiding when things were not going well!! we are all in the same boat and yes this is a lifestyle change

gmurkris- doing great !! 7 to 0

debilang- you are right, this is all about changing habits. sometimes we do not even think about what we are doing so we need to stop and ask ourselves if we really want/need that snack and change takes time and practice

beeps- great job getting back on track!!

julieH3art- do you mean remembering to stop snacking ? or to post? i remember to stop snacking usually about the time i am finishing cleaning the kitchen and i post the following morning

epic fail last night after trying the atkins diet for one day....too restictive for me but back on track this evening....even with cutoff time moved to 8pm. enjoyed a nice cup of tea instead of eating and feel much better at having succeeded

Me 12
    Lns 1
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    June 12...Me - 0 LNS - 1 (Couldn't resist the Cheez-its)...No more!!!
    June 13...Me - 1 LNS - 0 (Yay) :drinker:
    June 14...Me - 1 LNS - 0
    Total: Me - 2 LNS - 1

I am hardpressed tonight not to eat something...so I've reverted to scanning the Community Posts for friends who need motivation and are willing to give back. Found some good advice to drink peppermint tea. So searched my tea stash and found ONE BAG. I will get to the store tomorrow to get more if it satisfies my craving to eat. Fortunately, I love tea...but lately...I have been drinking the caffeine type and it has been keeping me awake! . THANKS for listening...I've made it through tonight...soooo far!!!!:smile:

Thanks :flowerforyou: karenleona :flowerforyou: You are sooo encouraging. This is the place to be late at night when fighting the urge to snack.

Thanks EVERYONE for your posts...I am VERY encouraged. I am sipping my Mint Tea as I continue reading... :love:

:drinker: Debbie
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    ME - 10
    LNS - 4*

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6c0Sz2PxSmGxi3TswRmFmdj9z5ZsiKzf6f7CTbWdSM6w3PUB0Pw